PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

TheMartellFamily
08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
We have put in our ressies for the 2008 trip. We have it started out at Ft. Wilderness campgound and taking two sites in 2 campers. Well there is a good possibility that we will be having to change to a resort on site (of course.) The options are 3 POP Century rooms or 2 Mods like at POR since they can have up to 5 per room if requested for it. In your opinions what is the best option here? Thank you for all your help.

SBETigg
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM
It depends on the sizes and ages of the people in your group. From what I understand, the moderate rooms that hold five would be a tight squeeze for five adults or a party with larger kids. The rooms aren't large and the sleeping isn't comfortable for the fifth person, unless it is a smaller child. I would say that three rooms at a Value would be a better choice unless your party has a few small children, and even then three rooms will give you more space, more beds, and the extra bathroom.

robyn221
08-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I think it depends on how comfy you guys will be in close proximity to each other. I'm not sure how many people are going to be in your group, or their ages, but personally I tend to opt for giving folks as much space as possible. If you can get three rooms for the price of two, I think that would be the direction I would go in.

Robyn

TheMartellFamily
08-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I should have put ages. 2 seniors 4 adults children 9, 4 and 3

DisneyDudet
08-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Have you looked into the DVC resorts? They have many different options... but they are pricey.

If you HAD to choose between the 3 values and two 5- sleeping mods, I would go for the 3 value rooms. This way, you have enough bathrooms and space for everyone, and haven if you need to get away from someone. The rooms in Alligator Bayou at POR are the only ones that sleep 5. The fifth is a trundle bed, big enough for a child.

Also, some connecting rooms available, but are not guaranteed. You can request them, but there is no guarantee you will get two of them connecting. You have a better chance of getting adjoining rooms (room next to each other).

If it were me, I'd go for the 3 values, just for the extra bathrooms.