PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Moderate?

scoot241
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Which Moderate resort is your favorite? I'm trying to make a decision for my trip after Thanksgiving in 2008.

Wrigley
08-12-2007, 05:15 PM
CBR for sure! I love the tropical feeling of the resort and all of the colorful buildings. I also love the Old Port Royale which houses the food court, arcade, and gift shop. There are soooo many pools at the resort that they never seem to be very busy. Overall, it is one of my favorite resorts! I would highly recommend this resort.:mickey::thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
08-12-2007, 06:27 PM
We love POFQ! :yay:

princessimagineer
08-12-2007, 06:31 PM
CBR!!! i <3 it there!

mttafire
08-12-2007, 07:51 PM
POFQ for us!!:thumbsup:

WEDTOPIA
08-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Riverside is our favorite . Easier to get from point A to point B than CBR or Coronado Springs. The pool area is secluded. Love the food court and Boatwrights. The boat ride to Downtown Disney is quite possibly the best perk of any of the Disney resorts. It also has a nifty shop and entertainment at the bar. And , it's very peaceful.

If I go moderate I always try for a room at POR first.:thumbsup:

:mickey:

SurferStitch
08-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Definitely CBR!!

DH and I really, really, really disliked POR. Both times we stayed there (Parterre Place) our rooms were :ack:. CM's at the main desk were rude and/or lazy, and did I mention our rooms were :ack:?? I think they kept the rooms so dark and dismal to hide the crud and stains on the carpet and walls.

CBR was bright, cheerful and very clean. If we ever do a mod again, it will be CBR.

TINKERBELL_82
08-12-2007, 08:14 PM
I have stayed at all except for POR RS, and POFQ is definitely my favorite!!:cloud9:

RAIDER
08-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Sorry i can only vote for the CBR its the only one i've ever gone too ;)

Kairi_7378
08-13-2007, 04:51 AM
Riverside is quite nice... better than I had expected, actually. We are trying French Quarter in the fall. Not because we didn't enjoy Riverside, but because we wanted a change and we will still get the perks of being in the PO area (boat to DD, etc.)

BritCody
08-13-2007, 06:35 AM
For me I love Port Orleans FQ

DDuck66
08-13-2007, 09:59 AM
For my family it would have to be CBR. I am a little biased as this was my first resort that I stayed at on my first trip to WDW. We love the spread out feel of the different "islands" and I especially like the way the buildings are set up. The rooms are set up much more like a condo than a motel. Each building only has two floors and there are lots of turns and shifts so that the rooms are not crowded together all in rows. We prefer Jamaica as it is located directly across the lake from the shops and Food Court. Nice short walk but far enough away to avoid all the noise.

Figgyluv03
08-13-2007, 12:14 PM
CBR, and I'm hoping if they have specials coming up for our trip, we can stay there instead of ASMovies

momef3grls
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
We love the quiet. After you leave the parks it is so relaxing walking along the paths. Even if the resort is on the crowded side you still don't get cramped in. I like the old southern look and way of life..so different from the high stress i get in my everyday.

jax86
08-15-2007, 01:51 PM
stayed at CBR twice and POR once. both are nice but we preferred CBR>

Crow
08-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Coronado and POFQ are pretty much tied

scoot241
08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I really like the idea of the boat from the Port Orleans resorts, so I think I'm gonna go with POR as my first choice and then CBR as second choice. CBR was the one I was originally interested in, partially because I'm from New Orleans and would probably start comparing things to the real NO. Of course, now that I live in Houston, I might be looking for a little taste of home by next November...