PDA

View Full Version : Ticket with time left

jefftm
08-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi, we have tickets with both theme park and water park time left on them, park hopper and no expiration. We will need to purchase additional days. Does anyone know how this works? I have 2 adult tickets with one amount of time and 3 children tickets with different amounts of time (this is a result of my wife and I having tickets from a trip before we had kids). I will not be purchasing the no expiration option so how does this figure in. An example of what I mean is what if I purchase 3 days and have 3 days but only use 5 days is my old time still in non expiration mode and what if I didn't buy the park hopper option. If I knew I wouldn't be park hopping a couple of days I could save some money . I will also need to upgrade 2 children tickets to adult status since my 2 older kids are now adult status. One thing that I do see is that you really do not see a good admission price average untill after the 4th day, I thought I would be saving some money but Oh Well Thanks Jeff

faline
08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
My understanding is that Disney will upgrade the child's ticket to the adult at no extra cost.

I don't think you can add days onto your existing tickets to do what you're attempting to do. You can apply the value of the unused park days toward the purchase of a new ticket on a 1:1 basis. In doing this, however, you will lose the add-one on the ticket as they have no monetary value.

You may be better served to just use up your existing tickets and buy whateve you need in addition to the days you have left on your old tickets.

vamaggie
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
I too was told that Disney will upgrade the child's ticket to an adult ticket (at no add'l cost) for THAT child. (can't use someone else's child's ticket and upgrade it for your kid--not that you would try this, just FYI).

Depending on how many days you have left on the tickets it may be better to "save" the ones that you have that don't expire and get what you need for this trip. We have some old park hoppers that had 1 day left on them. I was going to use them for our Nov trip but then I found out that the difference between a 4 day MYW hopper and a 5 day MYW was something like $3. We decided to save the old non expiring tickets for another trip. Play with the numbers and see what works best for your group. Good Luck!

CleveRocks
08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
In the future, keep in mind that, financially speaking, it is a terrible deal to pay for the no expiration feature if you need to buy additional park days for a future trip. I can spell out the math and money if anyone wants to know more.
{it seems in your case that you bought the old tickets many years ago, so this isn't meant for your exact situation}

Now, on to your question ...
Whether or not a ticket has the no expiration feature, it can't be upgraded or added to after 14 days from first use. It can be used as-is with its current entitlements. So in other words, if you need 7 park days and you have 3 left-over park days on an old ticket, you will need to buy a 4-day ticket.

Everyone is correct about the child-to-adult ticket change. Disney will make this change/upgrade for free, as long as it is reasonable that the 10-or-older person you are upgrading it for could reasonably have been a child when the pass was originally purchased. In your case, you are doing it legitimately, with the actual kids you bought the tickets for in the past. What Disney WON'T do is this: If you bought a non-expiring ticket for your 4 year old in 2005, and then in 2008 bring your 16 year old and try to get the left-over ticket upgraded to adult status for your 16 year old, the Cast Member will obviously see that the child ticket could not have been purchased for that 16 year old 3 years earlier.