PDA

View Full Version : Closest supermarket

jefftm
08-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Guys, we will be driving down and would like to know where a good supermarket is? I know there is one right outside of Downtown Disney but I read about one that was more reasonable priced, Thanks

Lacy
08-12-2007, 02:57 PM
That is Goodings that is just outside of Downtown Disney. And I agree that it is pricey. I don't usually recommend Wal-Marts but there is a fairly new Super Wal-Mart right outside of WDW. It is on 535 (Vineland Rd) just south of 417 (Central Florida Greenway). It is close and on vacation you are looking for ways to save money. There are very few places that can offer prices lower than Wal-Mart.

If you don't want Wal-Mart there is a Publix a bit farther south on 535. The prices are more reasonable than Goodings.

Have a great trip!

wdw_bound
08-12-2007, 03:06 PM
We go to the SuperTarget in Kissimee, about 10 miles away. We find the prices reasonable, and we can find non-food stuff (diapers, wipes, etc.) at very good prices. On the last trip, we also discovered their souvenier section - the kids were able to pick up some cute stuff at much lower prices than in the parks.

dizneeat
08-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I would recommend Publix and if you go down the road where Pop Century is towards the freeway, then turn right past the Gaylord resort and you are there. It is much cheaper than Goodings - and the selection is really good. Don't know about Walmart.

jkj1224
08-12-2007, 10:19 PM
If you're looking in the DTD area about 3 blocks north on 535 from crossroads there is also a Winn Dixie