PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Mike's return to the Pol Day 2

MR.MIKE
08-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Today Is Monday July 30th and we had an 8am breakfast at the Crystal Palace. We always love the place and this time was no exception. We must have been the 3rd group to be seated so the characters were there right away and we saw them a few times. I love doing this breakfast because it gets us into the park in time for the rope drop which we did on the path to tomorrowland. My neices wanted to ride Space Mountain and my 6yo son said he was going on. So up the ramp we went and then at the very top he said, didn't ask but flatly said, "i'm not going" So we found the chicken exit and headed over to the racing cars. (after all these years i can never remember the name of this place) The CM told us we were the 2nd person to ride and off we went. I like to make a lot of ouch sounds as my son drives...he gets a big kick out of that.

We met my wife and other kids at teac cups and rode that a few times. Its funny when you see someone in the ride but not turning the wheel. You're not sure if they dont know what to do or are afraid of getting dizzy.

We did small world and carousel and peter pan and then we came upon Splash Mountain. and my son said "i'm riding that." i was like:unsure:
hmmm...ok

We walked through the ride and told him how it was and what to expect but it didnt stop him. He got on, sang with Brer rabbit and then...then came the lift and its pulling us up ...to the drop... I grab my son tight and tell him here we go...don't worry...its over fast... and then that quick we are at the top and you see the park if you keep your eyes open and then swwoooshhhhhh!!!! and we're down and i look at my son and..nothing..no expression..He didn't find it scary and said he would do it again! Alright I have a partner finally for this ride after all these years!

We did pirates next but my 9 yo daughter refused to go on. She still remembers the tiny drop in the dark when she went on. I try to explain she was 3 or 4 and now shes NINE but it didn't matter and her and I sat out the ride.

After a break and a nap back at the Poly We headed back to the MK for dinner at Liberty Tree tavern. The food was good but it was one mishap after another. Spilled sodas, broken cameras, lost autograph books and then ants in his pants (diaper) baby wouldnt stop moving.

We hung around the MK for a while and then back to the room to watch the Water parade and Wishes from the patio. My sister in law and my neices went to AK for extra magic hour and so we didnt get to see thier reaction to the party package I had set up in thier room. But I did see my family's reaction because i had the same package set up for my daughter who turned 3 this month.
We had a cake and candles and I got my wife a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. They also sent a white chocolate-shell-filled with M&Ms.
We had the cake, the strawberries, the m&ms, watched the fireworks and went to bed.

I forget if we can posts pics in our threads but here are some links

Here are the strawberries
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peter1706/Disneyjuly2007200.jpg

Some fireworks
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peter1706/Disneyjuly2007118.jpg

Turndown
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peter1706/Disneyjuly2007090.jpg

View from our room
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peter1706/Disneyjuly2007015.jpg

and the view of the contemporary with the mirror showing the GFhttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peter1706/Disneyjuly2007010.jpg

tinkerbell04
08-12-2007, 03:45 PM
That picture of the contemporary with the GF in the mirror is an awesome shot! Thanks for sharing:mickey:

starrmomof2
08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
I love the shot of the CR and GF. Way cool! And the strawberries look delicious, but I really like the white choc shell w/ M&M's . What a special treat for you all.

Bethis26fan
08-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for sharing.

sgdisney
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm glad your son liked Splash Mountain! Did he ever get on Space Mtn. this trip? Your pics are great, love the shot with the GF in the mirror.

shan-ash
08-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Loved the pictures!!:mickey:

faline
08-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Guess you can never figure out what kids will, or will not, tolerate! Fun day! Great pics!

iheartmickey
08-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a fun day! Thank you for sharing the pics and the day! :thumbsup:

LottaLubes
08-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah! A partner for splash mountain! I do hope you were able to go on Pirates another time...the ride has recently changed.

Love the pics - the strawberries look great. And I love the last pic you posted - looking at the Contemporary with the GF in the mirror...very cool!

pdrlkr
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I am so glad that you are all enjoying your trip! I dont blame your son for bailing out of Space Mountain- it is a rough ride! Glad to see that you both enjoyed splash though! One of my favs! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 08:42 PM
How fun when your kids will go on rides for the first time.

January-2007
08-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks for reporting, great pictures! :mickey:

offwego
08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks for reporting. You sure do plan some lovely surprises!!

irish1967
08-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Enjoying your reports!

LOVE the picture with the Contemporary and Grand Floridian - in fact - I sent a link to my partners in "Disney Love" (my Dad, Brother and Sister-in-Law) :secret:

DizNee143
08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
a great day!! thats awesome that you son likes splash!! its a great ride...those strawberries look so yummy!! you really treat your family well!! they all must of been so surprised and happy!!! :mickey:

vizsla
08-17-2007, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the report.

fielin
08-17-2007, 06:56 AM
The shot including the Contemporary and the GF in the mirror is breathtaking ! Thanks for sharing !

DisneyorBust
08-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for sharing the report and photos.
Sounds like a great time for everyone!

TikiGoddess
08-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Wow, what a great view from your room!! That must have been a wonderful sight to behold in the morning...

TikiG