View Full Version : DLR Meeting End of October

Chescat
08-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Genie has been after me to start a post on the "Meet and Greet Ice" DLR meeting end of October.

I think we are looking at Saturday night (Oct 27th) and Sunday (Oct 28th).

A bunch of people have black out days on AP passes on Sat and Ice doesn't make it until that afternoon. So might be a good idea to meet somewhere in Downtown Disney on Sat night since that would be Genie's only day we could see him. And then in Disneyland or DCA on Sunday.

Let me all know what you think. I already have one list going. Some people are working out their schedules, so won't mention names right now unless they post here. ;)

Blue Genie
08-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Were at in Down Town and like what time?

terri.m
08-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I think Saturday is the day we're heading to Huntington Beach for the day but we'll be at Disney at night. I'm sure me and the kids can sneak away from the group to meet you all. :cloud9:

varcity
08-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Even if I cant come up with the cash to do a whole trip, I'll drive down for saturday and sunday at least. :mickey:

TinkRocks
08-12-2007, 01:09 PM
:rocker: I wanna meet Ice! :hi: I wanna meet Ice! :hug:

:hi: I wanna meet Genie too! :hug:

Blue Genie
08-12-2007, 01:40 PM
So the way this sounds like. I still can go to Ariel's on that day. So Pink I need to know very soon if you will be there on the 27th so I can make a call to Disney to put my order in for 5 and the time to be there. I'm going to try and get a 1:10pm meal time for Ariel's if that's ok with you Pink.

Chescat
08-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Since DH's pass is black out for Saturday, you won't be seeing us until later in the afternoon. Took a lot of convincing just to get him to do what I'm doing since we will just be back a week from our other trip. Our plan is more for Sunday. :)

terri.m
08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Well I'll be there until the 30th so anytime is good with me!:mickey:

Blue Genie
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
So it sounds then I will miss everyone then. :( I can't be there on sunday.

terri.m
08-12-2007, 04:57 PM
oh i won't miss meeting you genie!!:D I can't go all that way and not get to meet you!!

Blue Genie
08-12-2007, 05:08 PM
We need to fine the right time then.

Chescat
08-12-2007, 05:31 PM
No we are saying we can't go in the park, we can meet in Downtown Disney maybe early evening. :)

PinkJJ
08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
So the way this sounds like. I still can go to Ariel's on that day. So Pink I need to know very soon if you will be there on the 27th so I can make a call to Disney to put my order in for 5 and the time to be there. I'm going to try and get a 1:10pm meal time for Ariel's if that's ok with you Pink.

Genie, nothing is set in stone on whether or not we are going to make it. My family would love to be there for Halloween, however the plans for that trip are still on hold. Maybe it would be best to count us out. And then if we do make it, we can meet up in Downtown Disney later that night with everyone. :)

Blue Genie
08-12-2007, 10:26 PM
All right then Pink. Thx for letting me know.

wizardmickey
08-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Whoa, miss a day of Intercot and look what happens!!
Love the title y'all have come up with:

the "Meet and Greet Ice" DLR meeting end of October.
Since there's an official thread now I can give up my plans;
We will fly in the 27th (Saturday as Cat said) around 2:45 pm. We still gotta track down transporation from the airport to our hotel, which from what all I've gathered could be an hour or so adventure. So I'm guessing we'll be at the hotel by at least 4:30-5:00 pm. WE WILL BE HUNGRY after the flight & ready to hit Downtown Disney to start our spending spree!!
The initial plan had us leaving the 31st, and we have to make a few calls ASAP to the airline & Disney to change that to leave instead 2 days later instead... putting us leaving Friday morning the 2nd. BUT WE HAVE TO MAK THISE CALLS TOMORROW!!!
Game for a DTD meet the night of the 27th and maybe some hanging out on the 28th.
Christy just found this info though that may influence some stuff; Another site has reported that the park will be closing early on the 29th, 30th & 31st for the Mickey's Hallowen Treat from 6:30 to 10:30. Tickets to this extra hour event are $40. What I'm supposing is then (and she's already said as much) that since we don't wanna have to have traveled all that way to have the park close so early on us that we will need to pay to stay in the park after hours? Are there going to be rides open during this event, or is it just Trick-or-Treating? Does this effect both DLR & DCA these nights? I'm on a serious need to know basis as time is running out quickly now...

Chescat
08-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Christy just found this info though that may influence some stuff; Another site has reported that the park will be closing early on the 29th, 30th & 31st for the Mickey's Hallowen Treat from 6:30 to 10:30. Tickets to this extra hour event are $40. What I'm supposing is then (and she's already said as much) that since we don't wanna have to have traveled all that way to have the park close so early on us that we will need to pay to stay in the park after hours? Are there going to be rides open during this event, or is it just Trick-or-Treating? Does this effect both DLR & DCA these nights? I'm on a serious need to know basis as time is running out quickly now...
Okay just looked up on the Disneyland website. Go to this link:

https://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/TicketTrans?storeID=DLR&productGroupID=DLR_PG_SO_MHT&tokens=Yjl75NxINb5NXriV%2ByuwljDDDJx2gLbk0TIfLDi63 tB9CR1jdhbf7dUI4hJ7eQhixoR06kHziHIo9oocMBdOWvHB%2B 1zz3s7h65xXOBpAc%2B%2FVRnmlv67B1XT20T392vFhYUI%2Fq hjKxkMGBi4QkoKFQAVY7CiN01WC1c4YbCEUZOu2DVCto85j1H6 QQrLKAwkIWuZoj%2BQLBd7cUqvbpZzKCpGCv0qBbNzjgec9Y8m f9UAz8bld9clw032EmuakXsl5agFrq7Srg32mHtpBS%2BKK51r IViepGVtZfMv0nuXbWCSgdwv8LutKED7QwnKT18c7QW2%2Bhlc BOJotqafez%2BhFJDtFYf3j12iqkl4jWdyT%2BJdub2jynliPD sA1rq%2BQY45S0IvO6CLBoTLidl58CmdG87sFRNTCCczS2XZpQ MzcDAoE0lV4xao%2B3DdLaNIMDkyJlN6Edh0XbAAe6Qx0%2BjZ NTbZ3cMDcCWiqsfm2blsQ7ab85fbnjkoSAVSnb8EH2vB1evXvx dj%2BM4B%2BuG6VfOYBSrQRkLWKeYKwtbjyX1JNqm2RYqU41yN IgAIeIiRK2oKPx3IWWxP2YrM%3D

that should give you the dates and availability. RainyDaisy told us tonight that they weren't come your weekend because the Oct 26th tickets were sold out. The past 2 years, the event occurred only at DCA and that's what was closed early. Not Disneyland. Now during the week during off season the parks do close earlier. Hope this helps!

These tickets purchased online are also $10 cheaper.

wizardmickey
08-13-2007, 01:37 AM
The past 2 years, the event occurred only at DCA and that's what was closed early. Not Disneyland. Now during the week during off season the parks do close earlier. Hope this helps!
So, it's held at DCA? Do the rides stay open for the event? I'm gonna call and bug me some poor CM tomorrow with a barrage of annoying questions!

Chescat
08-13-2007, 02:03 AM
So, it's held at DCA? Do the rides stay open for the event? I'm gonna call and bug me some poor CM tomorrow with a barrage of annoying questions!
I know the last two years it was definitley at DCA. I'm going to do some more digging for this year. I think they rides were open. The expert on this is RainyDaisy but I don't think I'd be able to talk to her before tomorrow. :(

Check back here in the morning or in a couple hours and I'll get more info. :)

varcity
08-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Asked my retired VMK partner to go today. Im 90% sure I can go. Personal suggestion for food: HoB. I will probably be there friday night and spend all saturday (think I heard no blackout tonight?) and half sunday in park. BBut, as things get closer I can give for sure plans. Depends on school too.:mickey: Too excited!!!

terri.m
08-13-2007, 11:20 AM
OK we've hit a small snag here. My SIL was in a serious car accident last summer and she's still in talks w/her insurance company. Her lawyer found out about the trip and told her absolutely NO rides and no pics of her even being there!!! We're talking about postponing until she is able to go on rides but nothing is set yet. We have to decide fairly soon though before our deposit return gets smaller!

I'll let you all know as soon as we decide. If we don't go in Oct we probably won't go until Jan/Feb.:(

Chescat
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Ah man! First RainyDaisy had to change weeks since no Halloween event tickets left on the 26th, now you guys.

Okay tell me the truth, is Ty putting you up to this. I know he was scared to see my mean face. :thedolls:

House of Blues seems to make sense with Ice. I see Johnny Vatos and Friends - A Tribute to Oingo Boingo & Halloween is at 9:00pm that night. I have no idea who that is. :blush:

terri.m
08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
False alarm False alarm!!

We are going as planned!!

MIL said "she's just one person, she's not ruining it for all of us!"

And Ty is a bit nervous about seeing you, he wants to layer the clothes so the hits won't hurt as much, that is unless he is on crutches again and can just swing them around :mickey:

Blue Genie
08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
House of Blues seems to make sense with Ice. I see Johnny Vatos and Friends - A Tribute to Oingo Boingo & Halloween is at 9:00pm that night. I have no idea who that is. :blush:

What's House of Blues and were is that at . The only place I know in DownTOWN is that first shop when u get off the tramp Were there is a big gaint eye and Huey, Doey and Louie is at?

Chescat
08-13-2007, 08:14 PM
What's House of Blues and were is that at . The only place I know in DownTOWN is that first shop when u get off the tramp Were there is a big gaint eye and Huey, Doey and Louie is at?
It's just past Build-A-Bear. Its on the way toward ESPN Zone and the Disneyland Hotel. I'm figuring we meet some place earlier that there so then we can see you Genie. :D

Monkey said saying he's setting time aside to come see us. Yay! We miss you Monkey! I also want to see him in the gym with varcity. Muahaha! :thedolls:

Yay Tea!!!! :woohoo::joy::clappy:

Blue Genie
08-13-2007, 08:21 PM
But what is House of Blues is it a food place or what. If it has something with drinking in it. I will not go near it. I don't like places like that?

wizardmickey
08-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Sounded like we almost lost a few... Glad that didn't happen! Tea, tell Ty if he stands behind Ice very little harm can befall him (I am just that big! Planets orbit me!)
Called Reservations today:
Yes, Mickey's Halloween Treat is @ DCA.
Yes, Rides will be open.
Yes, We plan to make an appearance at this party on Halloween Night itself! Turns out if I call DLR for the tickets they're only $25! Since I didn't get home until late (went with the whole band to see the Air Force Orchestra play!) I'll have to call tomorrow & hope there's still tickets for the 31st.
Yes, Our reservations are now officially extended as well as 1 more park day. We also got a free night at the hotel for extending! Yay for FREE!
Yes, HoB does sound like a great idea. I actually have a VIP card for there, so we might get seated quicker if we can all meet up and walk in together. Still trying to decide how to "surprise" my wife without geting my head handed to me for her B-Day...
Yes, Genie they do serve "adult drinks", but we could meet up with you prior to going in to cap off the night?

varcity
08-14-2007, 12:33 AM
First:

House of Blues seems to make sense with Ice.

Exactly my thoughts! yay!! :)

Monkey said saying he's setting time aside to come see us. Yay! We miss you Monkey! I also want to see him in the gym with varcity. Muahaha! :thedolls:

He is so going down. Honestly, I'm thinking about taking it easy on him. I don't want to get hurt..... hurt him..... If It really falls through, I hide behind:

Tea, tell Ty if he stands behind Ice very little harm can befall him (I am just that big! Planets orbit me!)

Although I will stand in front of Ty because with a tall varcity and a big (but not orbiting big...) ice man, short little cat can't penetrate our defenses :thedolls:

WDWfanatic742
08-14-2007, 01:11 AM
He is so going down. Honestly, I'm thinking about taking it easy on him. I don't want to get hurt..... hurt him..... If It really falls through, I hide behind:

Although I will stand in front of Ty because with a tall varcity and a big (but not orbiting big...) ice man, short little cat can't penetrate our defenses :thedolls:

Who is going to video tape this? We need a videographer badly.

wizardmickey
08-14-2007, 01:14 AM
My cam is always & ever present, much to the annoyance of Mrs. Ice!
House of Blues! Rock and Roll! Tribute to Oingo Boingo (Danny Elfman! Weird Science!) WOOO!

terri.m
08-14-2007, 10:07 AM

Yay Tea!!!! :woohoo::joy::clappy:

Now that will be an added bonus!!

I think Ty is going to need all the help he can get to protect him. Especially after the report I'm going to have to make from the dr. office today :mad:

Oh me me!! I'm an annoyance with the camera!

My cam is always & ever present, much to the annoyance of Mrs. Ice!

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

wizardmickey
08-15-2007, 12:08 AM
And now we are confirmed for the Halloween Party on the 31st... HALLOWEEN! Muahaha!
Have we settled the DTD meet for the 27th? We were both still sorta favoring the HoB with other plans to follow for Sunday, but after VMK last night I'm not sure we are clear on that.

terri.m
08-15-2007, 01:06 AM
well don't count on me at HOB, we've got too many in our party for me to take off for the night, plus DH wouldn't appreciate babysitting when I'm out having fun, but Sunday is a full day at the park for us so we can meet up for sure!!:D

Plus i don't want to ruin the nice clean image you have of me by downing too many :marg: Sat. night ;)

Let the jokes begin...:mickey:

wizardmickey
08-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Plus i don't want to ruin the nice clean image you have of me by downing too many :marg: Sat. night ;)
Whatever led you to believe that we had a nice clean image of you? Sounds like you've already had a few :marg::marg:
Me I'm a :beer::beer: type myself.
BTW: In my excited confusion, I stated I had the HoB VIP card, when actually my card is for the Hard Rock. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between those too, especially after... well, you know! :cool:

terri.m
08-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Whatever led you to believe that we had a nice clean image of you? Sounds like you've already had a few :marg::marg:

:secret:;):D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Argh! Probably won't be allowed to meet you guys, sadly. Not even sure if our schedule can fit around October, such a busy month for all of my family. :sadwave: :sob: I wanna see Monkey beat up Varcity! WAHHHHHHH!

Blue Genie
08-26-2007, 07:10 PM
OK it's been awild send we have talk about it. So are we all going to eat at Goofy's kitchen on Oct.27th. If so I think we need to start placing a call to them for are table and of what time. I hope they have characters at dinner time and thatone of them is Belle in her Blue dress :D. So lets here from you Ice,Cat,Tear,Tink and who else is going on the 27th.

wizardmickey
08-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Blue Genie; "OK it's been awild send we have talk about it. So are we all going to eat at Goofy's kitchen on Oct.27th. If so I think we need to start placing a call to them for are table and of what time. I hope they have characters at dinner time and thatone of them is Belle in her Blue dress . So lets here from you Ice,Cat,Tear,Tink and who else is going on the 27th."
Well, last I heard anything about the 27th was that we were indeed going to meet with you for a dinner at Goofy's Kitchen, time to be determined. We'd all gather, have some fun, laugh at each other... er, I mean with each other... and then for those of us interested we'd still hit the House of Blues later that night for a little R&R. Is this correct?
Since you all are on that coast, I guess you'll have to handle the actual reservations & whatever. I'll just say that there will be a party of 2 for us and then add whoever else holds their hands up.
BTW: Check a post I put up titled "It's Time" concerning the RELIX DVD. Since I will be seeing some of you face to face, I can hand deliver, but as Genie pointed out, I'll need to know exactly how many copies to smuggle across the border with me...
So I guess what Genie & I need here is an actual headcount?

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Right. I think all this should be done by Step. 22nd at less. Give Disneyland and Goofy a month and a week ahead of time.

wizardmickey
08-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, gotta give the Goof fair warning about all of us wild & crazy people desending upon him! :thedolls:

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Hey guys I just found out next month the prices go up here is what the character food prices are.

Found the initial info at another board.

All the new prices are coming from the Disney Dining Operators.

As for current prices, here are all the Character Meal Prices, I am going to post the actual price, then add 26% (8% tax and 18% tip) to come up with the full amount charged.

Plaza Inn Breakfast - Adults $21.99, Kids (3-9) $11.99 - ($27.72/$15.12)
Ariel's Grotto (same price for Lunch and Dinner) $20.99/$13.99 - ($26.46/$17.64)
PCH Lilo and Stitch Breakfast - $21.99/$11.99 - ($27.72/$15.12)
GCH Chip 'n Dale Breakfast - $21.99/$11.99 - ($27.72/$15.12)
Goofy's Kitchen Brunch - $21.99/$11.99 - ($27.72/$15.12)
Goofy's Kitchen Dinner - $28.99/$11.99 - ($36.54/$15.12)

The new prices as of September 12th...

Plaza Inn Breakfast - Adults $25.99, Kids (3-9) $13.99 - ($32.21/$17.34)

Ariel's Grotto (same price for Lunch and Dinner) $27.99/$15.99 - ($34.69/$19.82)

PCH Lilo and Stitch Breakfast - $25.99/$13.99 - ($32.21/$17.34)

GCH Chip 'n Dale Breakfast - $25.99/$13.99 - ($32.21/$17.34)

Goofy's Kitchen Brunch - $25.99/$13.99 - ($32.21/$17.34)

Goofy's Kitchen Dinner - $31.99/$13.99 - ($39.64/$17.34)

So the Character Breakfasts will go up $4 for adults, and $2 for kids

Goofy's Kitchen Dinners will go up $3 for Adults, and $2 for kids

Ariel's Grotto (same price for Lunch or Dinner as they use the same menu all day) $7 for Adults, $2 for kids

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 01:29 AM
If you guys don't want to do it it's ok with me.

wizardmickey
08-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Oh I'm still in! Part of the fun of these trips is the eating, and I often say ya get what ya pays for! Besides, when I vacation I always have a wad of cash & an army of credit cards for just such eventuallities!

Chescat
08-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Big guy, DH and I are still in. I just read that with our premium AP we get 15% off so that should cover all of us I believe. :)

One thing I would prefer though is that we don't post the time we go to Goofy Kitchen or House of Blues later, that we do it between ourselves. Normally I'm armed with people's cell numbers at the time we go. ;)

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 02:05 PM
So Goofy's is still a go then if I'm reading this right. Like I said we should get this all down by Step. 22nd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok this part right here is a check list and how many of us will be there.

Genie=1
Cat=2
Ice=2
Tear=0
Tink=?
Varcity=1
???

The question marks are for people I miss and for not knowing how many with that person it will be with. If I got yours wrong Cat or Ice please let me know and I will fix it.

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
:offtopic: But what does DH and DD mean. I see that alot and have no clue on it ?

TinkRocks
08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
DH = Disney / Dear Husband
DD = Disney / Dear Daughter
DS = Disney / Dear Son

Chescat
08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
2 For Me Genie instead of 3. :)

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
2 For Me Genie instead of 3. :)

Ok I miss read your post. I though it was u your HB as Big guy and Dog so sorry about that.:blush:

Chescat
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Sorry, always called you Big Guy! :)

Dog probably wishes she could go but she lives in another state. :(

wizardmickey
08-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Chescat: "One thing I would prefer though is that we don't post the time we go to Goofy Kitchen or House of Blues later, that we do it between ourselves. Normally I'm armed with people's cell numbers at the time we go."
Good idea, don't want a bunch of curious onlookers showing up to get a look at the famous Intercot/VMK crew!
So sure, as we work this out, either PM me or since you have my email notify that way. Somewhere along the line I guess my cell would be helpful as we get closer to the drop date!

Chescat
08-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I was worried about all those Relic groupies trying to find you Ice. :)

wizardmickey
08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Huh, I hadn't considered Ice groupies. It's ok though, I travel with my anti-groupie personel (Mrs. Ice! She's a bad mama jamma!)

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
So who should make the call to Disneyland when we get the group together. And PM everyone for the time to meet there.

Like I said the date line is Step. 22nd need all answers in by then.

Chescat
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
So who should make the call to Disneyland when we get the group together. And PM everyone for the time to meet there.

Like I said the date line is Step. 22nd need all answers in by then.
I'm going to have to bow out of organizing this one. I got my hands full with the trip to WDW and a game convention just after I get back. :blush:

Blue Genie
08-27-2007, 09:55 PM
So it sounds like I do the calling right CAT?:eek: I hope I can do it. I've never done anything like this before.

terri.m
08-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Well I'll make it easy for you genie! I really don't think I'll be able to make the dinner. With 9 other people with me, I won't be able to take off for dinner. But I will definately meet up with you before dinner genie just to say hi at least since that's the only day you will be at the park right?

Blue Genie
08-28-2007, 01:27 AM
Ok that sounds alright.

Blue Genie
08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Well Ice and Cat. I just call Goofy's kitchen today to ask them a question about the characters. The lady told me that they have the characters out at dinner time. I ask her the time we are thinking of and she said yes they be out around that time. So Ice man looks like u and me will have some fun with them heehee:D

varcity
08-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Put me down for 1 + a question mark. I'm trying to get my tink to go, but I don't know yet.

wizardmickey
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Genie + Ice + Varcity + Characters in a resteraunt = FOOOOOD FIGHTTTTTTTT!!

Chescat
08-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Maybe I'll see you guys later. :hide2::hide::bolt:

Its better to go higher in the count, so go with 7 for now. Question will be the coordination of time to be done offline. Ice's plane is the determining factor and giving him enough time to get in and get to the hotel and checked in. :blush:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-28-2007, 09:27 PM

:funny: :rotfl: :haha: :silly: :crazy: :laughing: :D

terri.m
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM

hmm maybe i will have to ditch everyone...

Blue Genie
08-28-2007, 10:54 PM
If Mad Hatter is there look out who knows what he will do.