PDA

View Full Version : A quick trip to DL before going to WDW final thoughts

meldan98
08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
We finished the trip by heading back to DTD for breakfast and some shopping at World of Disney, then we hit the rode.

Overall, we had a pretty good trip. DL was a lot of fun and DD tried a lot of rides she'd never been on before. CA was a dissappointment overall. Next time, I think we will just do a half day in CA, and then head back over to DL. I think DD would have preferred to stay at DL. The food is terrible, and I just don't think it's as much fun.

This is the 2nd trip in a row for us where we didn't ride anything faster than the ToonTown coaster, and you know what, I didn't miss the big rides. When it's just the 3 of us, it just isn't any fun riding them alone, since DD can't go on them.

Lizzie
08-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Glad you enjoyed your trip. I really enjoy park hopping between CA and DL its just so easy. Especially now that bag check is in one location.

SignguyTom
08-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I really dig DCA. It's not geared toward little ones as much as DL, though. I love the thrill rides: ToT, California Screamin', Maliboomer. I do agree about the food. The clam chowder in the sourdough bread bowl is pretty good, and the Taste Pilots Grill serves some decent burgers. You can get fish & chips over by the farm. Not bad. It's all kind of pricey - even by theme park standards IMHO.

ChipnDaleGal
08-23-2007, 11:18 AM
I really enjoy the DCA park, so I am sorry to hear that your family didn't. But I am glad that your trip was good overall. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: