PDA

View Full Version : Transportation: MGM to DTD for LUNCH?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-11-2007, 12:50 PM
We are planning to go to Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD for lunch one day. How do we get there from MGM? Is there a bus that goes directly from the park? We want to return to MGM after lunch.

tadshome
08-11-2007, 02:31 PM
From what I can remember there is no direct bus from any park to DTD. We had to get a bus back to a resort (any) and then get the bus from there to DTD.

playdead88
08-11-2007, 02:51 PM
there may be a better way but i would take the boat to either the YC/BC or boardwalk and get on a bus from one of those hotels directly to DTD - hope that helps - have a great vacation :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-11-2007, 04:07 PM
there may be a better way but i would take the boat to either the YC/BC or boardwalk and get on a bus from one of those hotels directly to DTD - hope that helps - have a great vacation :mickey:

:ditto: That's probably the fastest route, outside of calling a taxi. As stated before, there is no direct link between any park and DTD as people we abusing the free parking at DTD.

Amy_617
08-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Anytime that DH and I are trying to get to DTD from any of the parks, we hop on a bus over to POR. From there we take the boat that takes you right to DTD. It is so relaxing and peaceful. The boat is located right behind the main check-in area. I think you will really enjoy the boat ride a little more then just another bus ride to somewhere. Anyways, I hope ya'll have lots of fun....You'll be at DISNEY!! :mickey:

moe513
08-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I think the boat ride from por/pofq is a great idea but you are going to be spending a lot of time taking 2 forms of transportation. If your in a hurry , use a cab. It will probably cost under 15 dollars with tip.

Clotho
08-11-2007, 05:07 PM
WOW! I have to remember that--what a great idea! I wanted to have a chance to check out the grounds at POFQ, and this would be the perfect excuse.

If you do decide to go to a nearby resort to catch the bus, I suggest going to the Swan/Dolphin. Not only is it the first stop after MGM on the boat, but it is the last stop some days on the shared bus route between Boardwalk/Swolphin/YCBC. Not always, but most days. So it's the quickest combo. ;)

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks everone for the help! Lots of good ideas. I would like to see POR/POFQ. However, I think taking the quickest route might be for us.

bleukarma
08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
I would take a bus to Boardwalk and then walk over or take a boat.

Just a reminder that bus to DTD does not run from the TTC. I found this out the hard way in June when I wanted to go to DTD from MGM and got on the bus to TTC. Over an hour and a rainstorm later I was at DTD from the Poly.

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 05:10 PM
From MGM to DTD

Take bus to Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa then take bus to DTD. This will take an average 31-51 minutes (depending on how long you will have to wait for each bus.)

Clotho
08-17-2007, 06:02 PM
From MGM to DTD

Take bus to Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa then take bus to DTD. This will take an average 31-51 minutes (depending on how long you will have to wait for each bus.)

This is how we got there one night. It took a long time. I am assuming because it was later in the evening, though, and the buses weren't running as often? And this was before it was finished, to there was construction all over, and we were terrified we had gotten off at the wrong stop! LOL

Checkers
08-18-2007, 11:25 AM
In any case, you are at the mercy of the WDW transportation system. You could take the boat to the Swan/Dolphin and then the bus to DTD or any number of scenarios and that is fine if you have the time on your schedule. If you don't, take a cab, less stressful!:mickey:

Jared
08-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Take a cab if your budget allows the extra few dollars. The bus system to Downtown Disney is sketchy during the day, and you would need to transfer somewhere regardless.

If you decide to use Disney's transportation, I suggest taking the boat to one of the Epcot resorts before moving to a Downtown Disney bus. It may not be the fastest way, but the boat is better than two buses.