PDA

View Full Version : Characters you have not met

Greenlawler
08-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I am new to these boards so forgive me if this is a repeat. Here is a list of characters other people have found that my family just can't get lucky enough to find. We know there out there were just not at the right place at the right time. I also know these are pretty rare, but from the time we arrive till the time we leave we are trying to meet characters.
7 dwarfs (although we have a group picture no autographs) Three Little Pigs, Marie, Strombolli, Little John, Clara Cluck

But we have had some recent vicotries by finding: Jiminy Crickett, Rabbit, The Sheriff of Nottingham (major brownie points with 4 year old son) Gaston and finaly finding Dopey after years of missing him.

Who do you keep missing?

like2workout
08-13-2007, 09:04 AM
i can't seem to ever find governor radcliffe from pocahontas! i know he's been out in the past, but i've never run into him. i keep thinking he'll be out at the halloween party since there are a lot of villains out, but i haven't had any luck there either.

Greenlawler
08-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Nice one. Thanks for posting I thought I was in for the cricket treatment. Last time I saw Radcliff was back in I think 05 when after the Castle show many obscure characters would come out for meet and greets afetr the show. Then also that year at the MNSSHP but they have really cut back on the villians that come out for that.

like2workout
08-15-2007, 09:19 AM
i met marie this past march for the first time. she was at france right along with sleeping beauty. since that was so recent, maybe you'll have luck finding her. i also have a picture with stromboli from about 5 years ago. it's the first and only time i've ever seen him out. he was in the town square area of magic kingdom, and no one was with him at all. maybe people didn't recognize him, so i walked right up and got my picture. i'm glad to have that one as he seems to be very rare. i'm also looking for the others you mentioned. please keep me posted if you find them. where did you meet gaston?

glenpreece
08-15-2007, 11:32 AM
I haven't met but would like to meet the following:
Jiminy Cricket, Blue Fairy
Gaston
Hercules, Meg ,Phil
Marie
Beast
Baloo
Pinocchio, Gepetto
Peter, Wendy
Smee
Genie, Aladdin, Abu
Daisy
Brer Fox, Rabbit, Bear
Jack Sparrow
Mushu
Princes Eric and Phillip
and any other ones I run across

I met alot of villains last year at the halloween party:
Queen of Hearts
Wicked Queen
Maleficent (favourite)
Cruella DeVil
Frollo
Jafar
Hook

Disneyatic
08-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Where did you meet Jiminy Cricket??
That would be an awesome find!

like2workout
08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
jiminy cricket is usually at conservation station daily in animal kingdom. i've never seen a crowd for him. good luck!

joanna71985
08-15-2007, 06:50 PM
I haven't met but would like to meet the following:
Jiminy Cricket, Blue Fairy
Gaston
Hercules, Meg ,Phil
Marie
Beast
Baloo
Pinocchio, Gepetto
Peter, Wendy
Smee
Genie, Aladdin, Abu
Daisy
Brer Fox, Rabbit, Bear
Jack Sparrow
Mushu
Princes Eric and Phillip
and any other ones I run across

I met alot of villains last year at the halloween party:
Queen of Hearts
Wicked Queen
Maleficent (favourite)
Cruella DeVil
Frollo
Jafar
Hook

Jiminy Cricket- RPW at AK
Blue Fairy- does not come out
Gaston- does not come out
Hercules, Meg, and Phil- very rare
Marie- if out, in France
Beast- France
Baloo- AK
Pinocchio and Gepetto- Town Square
Peter, Wendy, Smee- Near POTC ride
Genie, Aladdin- either Morocco or by Carpets
Abu- special events, but have seen him in Morocco rarely
Daisy- Town Square and Hat in morning, Toontown
Brer Fox and Brer Bear- Frontierland
Brer Rabbit- extremely rare
Jack Sparrow- only at P&P parties
Mushu- China at Epcot
Prince Phillip and Eric- rare

Greenlawler
08-16-2007, 12:59 AM
I have heard of Stromboli coming out every once in a while in one of the "training areas" and also in the square at MK with other Pinochio characters. In fact a friend of mine who works with the characters told me that we missed him at MGM by a day last year.

We met Gaston after Beauty and the Beast show for a special deal. I also heard that every blue moon the Robin Hood crew replaces the Pinochio crew in the square of Magic Kingdom. Wish we could catch them there as we are trying to catch Little John.

I am not complaining because we love all the characters but I wish they would rotate out some of the unusual characters with different ones, we have dozens of pictures of Gephetto, King Louie, and others, but have never seen some great characters.

Maybe someone can clear this up, when you go and ask for the people at Guest services to call and ask about specific characters, do they know about which "training characters" are coming out, those are the best places to find rarities.

joanna71985
08-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I have heard of Stromboli coming out every once in a while in one of the "training areas" and also in the square at MK with other Pinochio characters. In fact a friend of mine who works with the characters told me that we missed him at MGM by a day last year.

We met Gaston after Beauty and the Beast show for a special deal. I also heard that every blue moon the Robin Hood crew replaces the Pinochio crew in the square of Magic Kingdom. Wish we could catch them there as we are trying to catch Little John.

I am not complaining because we love all the characters but I wish they would rotate out some of the unusual characters with different ones, we have dozens of pictures of Gephetto, King Louie, and others, but have never seen some great characters.

Maybe someone can clear this up, when you go and ask for the people at Guest services to call and ask about specific characters, do they know about which "training characters" are coming out, those are the best places to find rarities.

Actually, the Pinocchio characters do not rotate with Robin Hood characters. And no, GR does not know about the special- area characters.

Greenlawler
08-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Actually, the Pinocchio characters do not rotate with Robin Hood characters. And no, GR does not know about the special- area characters.

Thanks for the answer I suspected as much on GR.

I really wish they would change up the characters more often. We go every year and I am indeed thankful we can aford it. I know I am beating a dead horse but it would mean alot if they would just switch out for example the afore mentioned Pinochio characters one day with characters froma different flick. I can understand the Big 5 and Daisey Chip and Dale being everywhere, but the other characters? I wish someone higher up would hear my plea.

lynnrapata
08-18-2007, 04:16 PM
We just got back from DW yesterday --and it was truly magical.:mickey:

We had the pleasure of meeting Clarice and Kenai. Please let me know if these are truly rare characters to be seen!!

Thanks,
Lynn:cloud9:

joanna71985
08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
We just got back from DW yesterday --and it was truly magical.:mickey:

We had the pleasure of meeting Clarice and Kenai. Please let me know if these are truly rare characters to be seen!!

Thanks,
Lynn:cloud9:

Kenai is pretty common actually. He can be found a lot in Canada. Clarice, however, is a bit more rare.

Greenlawler
08-19-2007, 12:03 AM
So Joanna who do you keep missing?

p.s. I saw a picture of Luwing Von Drake the other day someone had posted now there is a rare character!

The Flying Dutchman
08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
The Mrs. and I got a picture with Launchpad McQuack on our visit. Is this a rare character?

NJBelle
08-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I've wanted to meet Jane from Tarzan. never did though.

We met Flick once. We didn't get a chance to have a picture because a CM was rushing the guy to a closed off erea. :( But it was cool to give him a hug any way.

Off Topic Question: Where can I meet Donald? I never see him.

joanna71985
08-20-2007, 10:57 PM
So Joanna who do you keep missing?

p.s. I saw a picture of Luwing Von Drake the other day someone had posted now there is a rare character!

I would have to go with Rabbit. Even though I have a picture with him, I would love to see him again.

The Mrs. and I got a picture with Launchpad McQuack on our visit. Is this a rare character?

He isn't rare. He just isn't very common.

I've wanted to meet Jane from Tarzan. never did though.

We met Flick once. We didn't get a chance to have a picture because a CM was rushing the guy to a closed off erea. :( But it was cool to give him a hug any way.

Off Topic Question: Where can I meet Donald? I never see him.

He can be found in:
*Toontown
*Hat at MGM in the morning
*Mexico at Epcot
*Camp Minnie-Mickey at AK
*Chef Mickey's dining at Contemp.
*Donald's Breakfastasarus at AK (changing locations)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-21-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm missing a few, really. But most of the ones I miss deals mostly with me not getting up early enough to get them.

Like Mad Hatter (mostly out in mornings, from what I've been told)
Kenai ( I rarely visit Epcot any more)
Panchito (see above)
Jiminy (same of AK)
Flik (same)
The Princes (stupid P&P...aren't princes royalty too?? :mad:)
Tarzan cast
Hercules cast

So yeah, there are a few and others I didn't list. Those ones are a priority right now. I was glad to finally get Clarabell and Horace because their last set is usually around noon, and for some odd reason I was at MK like 9 am.

DisneyNut2005
08-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Characters that I've never met but would like to meet someday:

-Peg-Leg Pete
-Huey, Dewey & Louie
-Blue Fairy
-Dumbo
-Flower
-Mr. Toad
-Jaq & Gus-Gus
-March Hare
-Tinker Bell
-Flora, Fauna & Merryweather
-Basil
-Oliver
-Dodger
-Bo Peep
-Hugo, Victor & Laverne
-Yzma
-The Gummi Bears
-Monterey Jack
-Fat Cat
-Don Karnage
-Bonkers
-Marsupilami
-White Witch from "Narnia"
-Sweetums
-Fozzie Bear
-The Great Gonzo

joanna71985
08-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, the Mad Hatter is done by noon (but usually he is in before that).

conorsmom2000
08-22-2007, 01:23 PM
The one we always miss, that my son is dying to meet, is Daisy! We caught a glimpse of her leaving one day, but have yet to get a picture or autograph with her! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-23-2007, 12:56 AM
I've seen Daisy have line on Main Street usually in the mornings, and I've also found her in the HOF with Donald sometimes. If you go to P&P, she'll be in there with Minnie and Aurora (don't ask who came up with the line-up for those....).

joanna71985
08-23-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't see anything wrong with Daisy and Minnie being with Aurora. Besides, where else would they go? Cinderella has Suzy and Perla, and Snow White has Dopey. So no room anywhere else.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Snow White and Dopey, Mulan, and Belle.
Cinderella, Suzy and Perla, and Aurora.
Daisy, Minnie, and Clarabell.

:D

joanna71985
08-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Snow White and Dopey, Mulan, and Belle.
Cinderella, Suzy and Perla, and Aurora.
Daisy, Minnie, and Clarabell.

:D

For the P&P party?:confused: Clarabelle doesn't really fit.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh, for those of you who need Figment, I know he'll be out on Saturday around the Imagination Pavilion. Not sure of the times though, but I know I'll be getting him.

i'm grumpy
09-03-2007, 08:42 PM
PRINCES!!!

Also Yzma and Kronk.

We saw Radcliffe at the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square in 05. We then walked straight to City Hall. He was there too at the same time.

PirateLover
09-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I also heard that every blue moon the Robin Hood crew replaces the Pinochio crew in the square of Magic Kingdom. Wish we could catch them there as we are trying to catch Little John.

Actually, the Pinocchio characters do not rotate with Robin Hood characters.

We saw Pinocchio characters WITH Robin Hood characters (Inc. Friar Tuck) in the Town Square in May.... Also saw Friar Tuck at AK entrance along with Launchpad.

joanna71985
09-03-2007, 11:51 PM
But they don't anymore- I should know.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 03:06 AM
There is several I haven't seen or met. One in particular is Jiminy Cricket. Also, my youngest dd loves the aristocats she would loved to have seen Marie. She has the stuffed animal but, would like to get one of Marie's mom Duchess. At DTD they had one in the display window and she was oh I'm gonna get one but, no they had sold out and per the CM discontinued them any ideas where I may get one now. Checked on ebay and they aren't the same.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Jiminy can be found in AK at Rafiki's Planey Watch. And I met Marie last weekend at Epcot in France. She actually had a line whereas Aurora had no one in hers. I actually felt bad for Aurora so I gave her a hug. (Though I find it odd a popular Princess had no line.)

jpH/keD
09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
My DD6 wants to meet Pocahontas sooo badly! We got a glimpse of her in '05 signing autographs on the way out of AK. We are going to the princess breakfast in Norway but no one has ever mentioned her as a possiblity. We are going to stake out the Conservation Station in AK and also see her in the show if nothing else! We live in Northern Va and she learned all about the VIrginia Princess when we studied Jamestown this summer! Good luck on your finds! Have a great trip!:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I also recently got Mad Hatter, and Kenai, as well as Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters, Abu and John Smith.

Clarice apparently has moved to Japan, so I'm looking to get Princes and Villians now. So I'll be at MNSSHP and MVMCP as well this year to try and finish them off.

Meeko_33785
09-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Here are the ones that have seemed to elude me:

* Jiminy Cricket (He has already left for the day by the time I got to RPW)
* Chicken Little
* Queen of Hearts
* Mike Wazowski
* The Seven Dwarfs
* Stromboli
* Clara Cluck
* Remy & Emile (I haven't been to MGM since they were added)

I'm also missing a few of the characters from Hunchback and Hercules (Clopin, Pheobus, Frollo, Phil), but I don't think they're out anymore, and I'm missing some of the characters that only seem to come out for MNSSHP or MVMCP now since I've never been to either event (Bullseye, Tarzan, Mr. Walrus,

crltkcagle
09-24-2007, 10:59 AM
i can't seem to ever find governor radcliffe from pocahontas! i know he's been out in the past, but i've never run into him. i keep thinking he'll be out at the halloween party since there are a lot of villains out, but i haven't had any luck there either.

We saw him at MGM last week. He was in the character spot or the meet and greet in the center of the park.

Greenlawler
09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Well after our trip last week I can X off three from our list.

Here are the characters I know are not rare (maybe unusual) but we have not met:
1. Marie (I cannot believe we keep missing her)
2. Darkwing Duck
3. 7 Dwarfs
4. Esmerelda

like2workout
09-24-2007, 03:33 PM
thanks for the info about seeing gov. radcliffe last week! that gives me hope i'll see him in october!

CYBERDISNUT
09-29-2007, 09:11 PM
New to this board.... We need the following(mostly rare) to complete our list. Sherriff & Maid Marien, Darkwing Duck, Mr. Walrus, Huey, Duey, and Louie, any muppets besides Kermit & Miss Piggy, Pain & Panic, more from Bugs Life besides Flik, Big Al, Dwarves besides Dopey, Chicken Little Characters, Meet Robinson characters... and for some reason Jiminy Cricket. We didn't know he was at RPW(AK)... now that gives us a reason to go. Also would love a pic with Sweetums from the Muppets... he is actually my sons favorite. :mickey:

Greenlawler
09-30-2007, 12:59 AM
New to this board.... We need the following(mostly rare) to complete our list. Sherriff & Maid Marien, Darkwing Duck, Mr. Walrus, Huey, Duey, and Louie, any muppets besides Kermit & Miss Piggy, Pain & Panic, more from Bugs Life besides Flik, Big Al, Dwarves besides Dopey, Chicken Little Characters, Meet Robinson characters... and for some reason Jiminy Cricket. We didn't know he was at RPW(AK)... now that gives us a reason to go. Also would love a pic with Sweetums from the Muppets... he is actually my sons favorite. :mickey:

I think Maid Mariam is a no go, my family also would love that being Robin Hood fans. The last pic I saw of her was from the mid 80's someone may have more info on this. Sherrif, does make appearences as you probably know. Were loking for Darkwing too as he still comes out, Meet the Robinsons will be back out for the video release but not for long, maybe a month according to an employee we met last week. Tuck and Roll and Francis have been out for Characters in Bloom but not last year I think. Atta though still comes out. Kermit and Piggy have been awol except for the Stars and Motor Cars parade for a while. Sweetums still walks that parade. Big Al is out at MVMCP, and at random meet and greets. Dwarfs seem to be out more but still rare, Charactres in Bloom had them out last year.
Jiminy Cricket has been at Planet Watch for a while but will be appearing at MK Town Square soon with Perla and Suzy afternoons soon according to another sight. Also Chicken Little and Abby will be there in the mornings.

AdventurerKim
09-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I would like to meet more villains year-round; we're never there at Halloween for MNSSP, atlhough we will be next year! I would also like to meet Nightmare Before Christmas characters and the ghosts from HM. I've met many over the years, although it seems fewer more "obscure" characters come out. I would like to see Dopey again; for a while, it seemed like every year I got a picture with him, even one dancing with him. :mickey:

joanna71985
09-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Dopey still comes out. He can be found in Germany.