PDA

View Full Version : Current State of the CR?

SorcererJim
08-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Can anyone fill me in on the current state of the CR? We have an option to get a garden view room (wing) but have heard all about the construction, etc. How are the rooms? We have stayed at the Poly for the last couple of years, but are shut out this time... while I know they can't compare that much, they both have had the renovations correct? or was just the towers redone.

Any information will be great!

Thanks!

Donalds Duckie
08-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Hey Sorcerer Jim! I'll be staying CR Tower Aug. 31-Sept. 4.

To my knowledge, all rooms at CR have been renovated, including Wing Rooms. I made some posts before I booked CR last month and it seems that construction has not been a problem for any guests so far. So, I booked CR with no worries.:cool::mickey:

The Food & Fun Center has closed and they have, or will soon, start turning it into The Wave Restaurant. I understand a temporary quick service location has been set up but I'm not sure where or whether it is 24 hours like F&F Center was. The lobby area was supposedly going through refurb, that may be done.

I'm sure someone that has been there recently will be along soon with more info. But, I do plan on calling CR this afternoon with some questions of my own. I'll be happy to pass on any info I get.

SorcererJim
08-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks Nancy! Please do...

Everyone else, feel free to add on to this as well! Looking for any and all info from you guys!

Disneymom1995
08-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Have stayed at the CR three times in the past but went to Poly this past May because we were concerned about the construction work.
My question is why all the mystery about the construction. Is this going to definitely be a Vacation Club Resort - no announcement has been made as far as I can tell. Any info would be appreciated - CR has always been our favorite. Frankly I wish Disney would stop adding hotel rooms until they increase the amount of rides, etc. in the parks to handle the increased crowds.

Donalds Duckie
08-12-2007, 12:00 AM
First, WELCOME TO INTERCOT DISNEYMOM1995!:welcome::rocks: We're happy to have you.:mickey:

Jim: I didn't get around to calling CR today but absolutely plan to call tomorrow. I'll post whatever information I can get.

This will be my first stay at CR but I always dine at CR and I like the resort in general. I'm looking forward to my stay at CR, construction or not.:cool:

DisneyCrazy
08-12-2007, 08:51 AM
It's my understanding that the Food & Fun Center (at least the food part) is still open and that its closure has been delayed until early September. The arcade has been moved up to the 4th floor in the location of the old Fantasia shop. The lobby is undergoing a refurbishment but this is taking place in stages. I beieve the bell services area has already been completed. There have been "rumors" that there will also be a refurbishment of the north end of the fourth floor (where the shops are).

Donalds Duckie
08-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Heigh Ho everyone!:mickey:

Well, LOL, as I suspected, getting info directly from CR prior to arrival was impossible but I tried. CR CM directed me to reservations, because I was calling prior to arrival, and that CM was clueless. She had no knowledge of anything more than "they did tear down one wing building but there is nothing else going on."

The rub for me here is that I'm spending a decent dollar for my room at CR and want to know what to expect at the resort during my stay. If reservation CMs are responsible for pre-arrival resort information Disney needs to keep them CURRENT. Sorry for my rant.:blush:

Aha! This looks like a job for Super Agent:cool: (or Wendy at MJ as y'all may know her).:thumbsup: I didn't want to bother her with this but I'm now on a mission, as my son says.

Thanks so much for your input DisneyCrazy!:mickey: It's nice to know F&FC food court is still open. I would like to know if it's 24 still hours and exactly what WDW considers "early September."

mprewitt
08-12-2007, 10:39 AM
The new building going up may be a Disney Vacation Club resort, Contemporary Resort Suites, or a combination of both (like AKL/AKV). Disney isn't saying.

If it is DVC, Disney doesn't want to announce it for fear of harming current DVC sales at SSR and AKV.

Donalds Duckie
08-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Let me begin by saying Disney is always subject to change. However, this way things are today. Super Agent:cool: came through for me AGAIN.

As DisneyCrazy posted, Food N Fun Center is still open but 7 a.m. to 11 .m., not 24/hours.

Food N Fun Center will remain open until the temporary location on 4th floor by Outter Rim opens in "early Sept." No specific date available.

Room service remains 24 hours.

Pedestrian walkways from CR to MK remain open.

Hope this helps. :mickey:

pooh0601
08-12-2007, 03:10 PM
EXCELLENT news aboutthe F&FC. We are going on Aug 28th for 2 nights and staying in a wing room in the South wing(as there no longer is a north wing). We were there in April and you can't hear any noise from what they are doing. Or at least we couldn't when we were there.

The wings and tower rooms have been upgraded so they look real nice.

We were a little concerned(but not enough to pick a different resort to stay at), when we heard that the F&FC was closed and there would be a grab-n-go place on the 4th floor instead. But this is great for us that they are waiting until Sept. now.

For the value, you can't beat a wing room at the contemporary, it's real nice to have a monorail and not have to pay $250-$300 for a room. Last time in April they gave us a courtesy upgrade to a tower room!!! That was the first time in over 10 stays that I can remember that we had that happen, so that was real nice.

DisneyCrazy
08-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks so much for your input DisneyCrazy!:mickey: It's nice to know F&FC food court is still open. I would like to know if it's 24 still hours and exactly what WDW considers "early September."

The date I've heard for the closure of Food & Fun is Sept. 7. They're planning to have "The Wave" open by April 2008 (the new 1st floor restaurant). Once "The Wave" opens, Concourse Steakhouse will close and it will be converted to Chef Mickey's Express, the new quick service location. Disney expects to have CM Express open by mid-August 2008. That's almost a year the resort will go with only a temporary quick service location.

beksy
08-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. It's nice to have a little idea of what to expect in October! :mickey: