PDA

View Full Version : 'Sex and the City' (Opens May 30)

Melanie
08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I've got mixed feelings on this. I was happy with the way the series ended, so I hope they don't mess that up. But on the other hand, I'm excited to see the gang together again for more adventures. Glad the gals could work out their differences.

Chris Noth to return as Mr. Big in movie

NEW YORK - Mr. Big and Carrie Bradshaw will be together again, this time on the big screen.

Chris Noth, who played Sarah Jessica Parker's love interest on HBO's "Sex and the City," is slated to reprise his role in a feature film spun from the long-running TV series.

Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon will also reprise their roles for the romantic comedy, to be distributed by New Line Cinema in association with HBO.

"There is no need for funeral arrangements," said Michael Patrick King, who will direct the film. "I assure you that Mr. Big is a very `big' part of the `Sex and the City' movie."

"While I have not spoken to him myself, Chris Noth assures me that Mr. Big is alive and well and ready to report to the set in September," King said in a statement Wednesday.

King was one of the executive producers of the TV series, which ended in 2004.

Noth, 50, plays police Detective Mike Logan on NBC's "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

tadshome
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
As much as i loved Sex and the City I am not sure that making a movie is the best thing to do. The way that the series ended was perfect and I would hate to see that destroyed by the film.
In saying that, If it is being made I would still go to the cinema to see it:blush:

NotaGeek
08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe they will just have a "dream sequence" and the whole Mikhail Baryshnikov/Mr Big thing won't have happened and she wakes up happily married to Aiden with a kid named Tater!

I have never gotten over the fact that she let Aiden go! UGH!

Melanie
08-10-2007, 09:02 PM

LOL! I hear ya, Michael. But Big is her one true love. :heart:

Should be interesting to hear the storyline.

Melanie
09-11-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm already disappointed. :ack::ack::ack:

Hudson moves to "Sex and the City" movie

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson has joined the cast of "Sex and the City: The Movie," which begins filming next week in New York.

Hudson will play the assistant to Sarah Jessica Parker's character, Carrie Bradshaw, in the film based on the hit HBO comedy series.

In July, the show's four leads, including Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, came aboard for the film after New Line Cinema agreed to finance and distribute it. Chris Noth also joined the cast to reprise his role as Mr. Big.

Michael Patrick King is writing and directing.

Hudson, who won an Oscar for her supporting role in "Dreamgirls," recently completed production on the ensemble drama "Winged Creatures" starring Kate Beckinsale, Forrest Whitaker, Jackie Earle Haley and Dakota Fanning. Sony is distributing the film.

The former "American Idol" contestant is also in the studio working on her debut album for Arista Records, due for release in the first quarter of 2008.

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Maybe they will just have a "dream sequence" and the whole Mikhail Baryshnikov/Mr Big thing won't have happened and she wakes up happily married to Aiden with a kid named Tater!

I used to love this show and my favorite time was when Aiden/John Corbitt was in her life. I lost interest after he left. I don't have any real desire to see a big screen version of this at all.

DisneyCouture
09-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I love this show. I can watch the episodes over and over. I am excited for the movie to come out.

PirateLover
09-12-2007, 06:47 AM
I own the whole series set, I like Jennifer Hudson, and I think the movie will be OK. I'm not really expecting it to be a grandslam, but I think it will be a fun 2 hours at the theater. This was the plan from the beginning, it just fell apart and then was finally resurrected. I wish they wouldn't have waited so long, but it will interesting to see the girls' perspectives on life now that they are a bit older.

Mickey052501
09-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I love the series, but I have to say that I don't think casting Jennifer Hudson in the movie was at all a good choice. I just don't see it? :confused:

NotaGeek
09-17-2007, 03:38 AM
I love the series, but I have to say that I don't think casting Jennifer Hudson in the movie was at all a good choice. I just don't see it? :confused:

I am not a fan of Jennifer Hudson necessarily, but considering she is merely an assistant to Carrie and there has been nothing leaked about how big her part will be, what's not to see? There have always been supporting characters on the series, but the center of the story is the 4 Ladies (5 including NYC). I am sure it will be fine. It would be kind of boring with no one but the 4 leads ... it's all about how New York City interacts with them ... there have been SO many great characters that come and go. I am hoping for the best!

They said tonight on the Emmy's that filming starts next week! (or month? I am really tired and I can't remember exactly...) :thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-19-2007, 10:59 PM

I agree. She doesn't fit into the TV series. It seems a little strange. Also I don't like her....didn't like her on AI.

NotaGeek
12-07-2007, 11:51 AM
FINALLY! HBO has released the trailer! See it HERE (http://movies.aol.com/movie/sex-and-the-city-2008/30247/video/trailer-no-1/2033774).

Mickey052501
12-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I cannot wait!!!! Cosmo anyone?:yay:

NotaGeek
05-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Ok, so the movie comes out next in 3 weeks ... and for SOME reason it premiered in London on Sunday night. Hmmm. This smells fishy ... and to he movie had VERY mixed reviews. So, with 3 weeks to do some last minute editing, I wonder what IS the problem with this movie? I have no doubt this London premier is for a reason ... I mean NOT premiering the movie in NEW YORK? Hello, NEW YORK is a Character in the TV show and should be in the movie as well. I don't have a very good feeing about this...

You can view the Official Sex and the City Movie (http://www.sexandthecitymovie.com/) site for previews, or the Yahoo! page (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809936370/info) is also available.

pink
05-13-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm a big fan of the series and I hope that the movie doesn't dissapoint! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-13-2008, 05:37 AM
I lost interest in the TV show when CArrie dumped Aiden. It was never the same for me after that. I am truly uninterested in this movie.

sardanem
05-13-2008, 07:15 AM
I am looking forward to the movie. I loved the series but like other posters, I don't have a high expectaion of the movie. We are planning a fun Ladies Night Out with dinner and a movie, so if nothing else, it is a night out. I agree that is should have opened in NY.

Lisa

NotaGeek
05-13-2008, 11:50 AM
I lost interest in the TV show when CArrie dumped Aiden. It was never the same for me after that. I am truly uninterested in this movie.

AMEN. I have said it many times. Aiden is my dream man.

Melanie
05-14-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm very excited for this movie. :yay:

For me, the series wasn't all about Carrie. I loved Miranda and Steve and at the end, Charlotte and Harry.

I've just got to get past Candace Bergen and Jennifer Hudson in the movie. :ack:

TheMartellFamily
05-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I am going in hoping that everything is going to be ok. I want everyone to be happy. I just hope it is. The way they make the previews show so many diffent possible options to leave us wondering what is going to happen.

PirateLover
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I've just got to get past Candace Bergen and Jennifer Hudson in the movie. :ack:

From what I've read, Candace Bergen only has one scene. Not sure about Hudson, but I'm pretty sure majority of the movie focuses on the girls. Did anyone see the pics from the London premiere? Sarah Jessica has this big peacock head piece thing... It seemed like Carrie Bradshaw was attending the premiere, not SJP. ;)

I am a humongous fan of the series, I own the complete set on DVD and I'm not sure how many times I've watched all the episodes. I'm very excited for this movie. It's going to be a good summer for movies!

threeh
05-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I can't wait for the movie. I love watching the shows beacuse of Evan Handler (Charlotte's 2nd hubby, Harry) Man do I love that guy.
Can't wait to see the movie!!!:cloud9:

pink
05-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I also enjoy watching Miranda and Steves relationship more than some of the others. :thumbsup:

Sarah Jessica has this big peacock head piece thing... It seemed like Carrie Bradshaw was attending the premiere, not SJP.

Haha, I agree. I don't know what she was thinking but I guess people were looking for her to take a risk because that's usually what Carrie does. :mickey:

threeh
05-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I went to a midnight showing last night, anyone else?? Who's ready to start talking??

*Liz*
05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Me too. (Boyfriend works at the theater so free screenings. :) I loved it; cried several times. I don't care what reviews/critics say, I enjoyed it. :)

laughingplace<3
05-30-2008, 11:58 PM
I saw it today and thought it was a good movie. I did find it a bit odd that when Miranda was going to tell Carrie about what she said to Mr. Big, the first time, it completely changed.

I also didn't like Carrie getting back with Mr. Big. I thought it was very cliche, and it would have been better if they kept it that they broke up.

PirateLover
05-31-2008, 01:30 PM
WARNING! This post will be spoiler filled.

I also didn't like Carrie getting back with Mr. Big. I thought it was very cliche, and it would have been better if they kept it that they broke up.

I completely disagree. I think that the majority of the fans wanted Carrie to get her happy ending with Big, and it would've been horrible if they ended the movie with them still split. I do think the whole movie was very predictable, but it was still fun. It felt like a big valentine to the fans, even more than the series finale... :spoiler:

Charlotte is finally able to have a baby, Carrie gets her wedding, despite a bump in the road Miranda and Steve end up happy, Samantha is back in NY, can admit to being 50 and is still fabulous and happy. Yay yay yay!

:spoiler:

I teared up twice...:spoiler: when Charlotte revealed she was pregnant, and when Carrie was reading all the emails from Big. :spoiler:

I thought the overall style was in keeping with the series as well. I expected it to be less graphic but there everything was, more in your face than ever due to the big screen!;)

The only thing that bothered me had nothing to do with the actual movie...there was a girl in our theater who could not have been older than 10. She looked like your stereotypical mean girl if you will... very prissy, huge expensive purse on her arm, skirt and tank top and wedge heels, hair in a ponytail sprayed to the high heavens and a sour look on her face. I first saw her in the ladies room and was shocked when she came in the same theater. She was there with her mother, and every time there was a suggestive scene I kept thinking about her watching this, and it actually made me sad. Why would any mother bring such a young child to this? It's rated R for a reason.

Flower
05-31-2008, 04:49 PM
I thought the overall style was in keeping with the series as well. I expected it to be less graphic but there everything was, more in your face than ever due to the big screen!;)

I actually thought it was fairly tame, given the way the series was. Yes, there were a few 'scenes', but there was only 1 really graphic scene involving Miranda - totally out of character for Samantha. The other scenes involving the girls were rather tame (except for Dante)

I found most of the plot weak - it felt a little thrown together and a lot of the characters did not react the way they would have given the tv series. For example, I was disappointed that Smith gave up on Samantha so easily. He was always a fighter and to just let her walk off was disappointing. It almost seemed as if his storyline was just there for filler. And for that matter, the 'old' Samantha would have paid a visit to Dante before leaving Cali - nope...not in the movie.

I was happy with Charlotte & Harries storyline - Yeah!!!

Miranda & Steves' plot line seemed rushed too.

Carrie & Big....I just wish the storyline had of been different for them. I am happy to see them together, but the depression part of the movie was boring. I wish in the end, to have made it a true fairy tale ending, that it would have turned out that Big was the sole buyer for the new penthouse and they would end up living there happily ever after.

I liked Jennifer Hudsons character, it was a nice storyline!

I just wish the series was still on....

elmjimmlm
05-31-2008, 07:53 PM
I saw it today and I liked it...I am just a little upset at Samantha...I understand what she gave up to be with Smith but he was a great guy to her...I guess that is how she wanted here life...SINGLE...I hope they will make these movies every so often so we can catch up on their lives...I would see them all...

RocknBev
05-31-2008, 09:26 PM
WARNING! This post will be spoiler filled.

:spoiler:

I think that the majority of the fans wanted Carrie to get her happy ending with Big, and it would've been horrible if they ended the movie with them still split. .

I definitely agree! The romance between Carrie, and Big and Carrie and NYC have been the underlying love stories the whole time....even when Carrie was with Aiden and the Russian. I believe the writers always intended Carrie to either be single in NYC or with Big...which I thought was PERFECT....just like Cinderella! :princess:

I loved the movie and thought it was great. I did think it was a little tame compared to the HBO series but at the same time thinking about those huge screens and all that sex would have been a little "in your face!"

Just like when the series ended, now that the movie is out and I have seen it, I am sad it is over. It is like having good friends move away...but thank goodness for DVD's!

threeh
06-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Did anyone else hear the rumor someone was going to die?? It was all over IMDB and every time the phone would ring or when Steve went to Buddkhan I kept waiting for the (excuse the pun) other shoe to drop. I actually went and saw it again because I was soo nervous the first go thru. I thought it was ok. It didn't feel quite like the series to me, I can't explain it. There were some good parts i enjoyed and it's cool that it's all wrapped up and we know how it ends.

elmjimmlm
06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I had read the same thing about someone dying...I told my friend before the movie started and we were nervous the whole way thru...I kept thinking that it was going to be Mr. Big...So glad it was a rumor and not true...

PirateLover
06-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Did anyone else hear the rumor someone was going to die?? .
I had heard the rumor as well, but a few days before the premiere, one of the producers or writers (can't remember who right now) came out and actually said that they would never do that, and guaranteed that none of the main characters die.

jennbunn
06-09-2008, 01:59 AM
i loved the movie. i was a little dissapointed on samantha not hooking up with dante but other then that i loved it. sooo glad carrie and mr big ended up together at the end. :)

Melanie
06-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I loved it! Cried many times, happy and sad tears. I adored the series, and wasn't disappointed at all with the movie. I loved how seemlessly fashion and NYC remained supporting characters.

I'm very glad Miranda and Steve worked things out, as they were always my favorite. Miranda can just be so.....difficult, sometimes.

And did anyone else notice Stanford and the cigarette while Carrie was getting into the car to go to the library for the wedding? That bugged me for some reason. :confused:

Oh, and you know I had to weigh in on Jennifer Hudson's role. Completely unnecessary, IMO. I couldn't even understand what she was saying half the time.

Anyway, can't wait for this movie to hit DVD.