PDA

View Full Version : Need Recommendations

NewmanFamily6
08-10-2007, 06:11 PM
DH wants to go on a cruise with just the two of us & no Disney. We are taking the kids on the DCL in Jan 08. My question is can any of you recommend a cruise line that would be good?:confused:

tink'72
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
We too are deciding if we are going "disney free" next year and it's very difficult. But to answer your question a VERY good cruiseline with our without kids is Royal Carribbean. They are fantastic!

Tink1
08-11-2007, 12:31 AM
For adults, I love Celebrity. The Century is my most favorite ship of all time.

Nanc

Jfamily
08-11-2007, 10:19 PM
My Dh and I really like Royal Caribean. The rooms are good, we like the food and there is always something to do.

kyndallsma
08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
We did a Norwegian cruise in December. We had a great time. The rooms were great and the food was wonderful....better than the food on our Disney cruise.

Dedivah
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Carnival is good too.

Disney_Barbie
08-24-2007, 09:37 AM
a VERY good cruiseline is Royal Carribbean. They are fantastic!

I second that. I have two vacation passions : disney & Royal Caribbean. I've acutually wished before that I could find an intercot, type of site for RC fans!

CPT Trips
08-27-2007, 01:35 PM
So by now you might have noticed that almost any mainstream cruise line has recommendations. :thumbsup:

You might want to visit cruisecritic dot com and browse through their reviews.

Personnally, I go mostly by price and itinerary. Departure port means a lot to us - sometimes we just don't want to fly/drive to South Florida, so the ships out of NYC are attractive. Also, we like ships with a higher space ratio . . . that's displacement tonnage divide by the number of passengers (DCL ships are about 35 . . . some of the mass market ships are betterat something in the 40s). Ships the size of the DCL ships (2400 pax) are about the highest number of pax that we find enjoyable.

If you want the maximum flexibility in dining times and venues, and you don't want to dress up, then NCL is a good choice.

If you like the traditional dining and enjoy "formal nights," then Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess are all good choices.

If you are not concerned about late night activities and enjoy a more sedate, service oriented experience, then Holland American might be worth looking at.

Carnival comes in last on my list only because they use one venue for multiple activities and I feel more crowded on their ships.

grumpyguy
08-27-2007, 04:40 PM
we were married on royal caribbean's "majesty of the seas"..it was my first cruise and i would highly recommend that ship to anyone.
ask for a room w/a window .we peeked into a room on the inner circle of the ship and it seemed small.our room was about two feet wider than a queen size bed,w/a small couch,makeup table,bathroom and closet.
lots to do,check it out:thumbsup:

WelshieLover
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
We were on the Caribbean Princess early this summer. Princess does offer anytime dining now, which is what we did. If you don’t want to dress for formal nights there is always room service as well as the buffet, grill and pizza place up by the pools. I would suggest going on a non school vacation week. Mid January would work there would be more adults and less kids. Although there were quite a few kids on our cruise they never got under our skin. Princess was very nice and catered to everyone. We were a group of 18 ages 8 through 75 and we all had a wonderful time.

BRJARE3
09-02-2007, 02:09 PM
We did the Grand Princess on our Honeymoon and it was wonderful. The food was fantastic. We had a balcony room and I highly recommend it. We did a Royal Caribbean cruise with my family a few years ago and thought that Princess was superior. It could be that the ship was smaller than Princess, so there was not as much to do. The food was ok. Both of those trips were to the Caribbean. My parents just got back from a trip to Canada on Carnival and hated it. They said the food was not good at all, and that is a huge part of why you go on a cruise. There were 6 of them and none of them liked the food. They did say that the room was bigger than RC. Good luck. Overall, I think cruising is fantastic.