PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Chef Mickey's

MMouse6937
08-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi all, we always eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's the day after we arrive. We always have a rental car. Last time we were there, we checked in at the guard shack and they gave us a pass for the whole day so we could go to the MK after breakfast. Now I know this isn't guaranteed and they could give us a pass for just a few hours so here's my questions....would we be better off getting to the Contemporary a different way? Can you take a direct monorail from the TTC to the resort or would we have to transfer?

I obviously loved parking at the Contemporary lot and just taking the monorail over to the MK when we were done, but I don't want to go over the parking pass time limit. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

robnadina
08-10-2007, 06:48 PM
If memory serves, there is a monorail that makes a circle. Starts at TTC, goes to Poly, then GF, MK, last stop is the Contemporary before going back to the TTC.
Have fun! :mickey:

irish1967
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
When we went in June (stayed off-site) the guard at the gate gave us a 3 hour pass for the CR parking lot. After breakfast, we drove over to the TTC and parked for the day.

We thought about parking at the TTC and taking the resort monorail to CR, but were running late so we went directly to the CR.

wendy*darling
08-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I had never heard of anyone getting a full day pass before, but I wouldn't count on it again.
Now that they have torn down the North wing and tennis courts- there is construction paraphernalia all over the place. The parking lot is smaller too. I would say parking for resort guests is even at a premium, so I would think you would be better off parking at the TTC and taking the monorail over- get on the "Resort Monorail" and you will be the 4th stop. It's a nice ride around the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Personally, I would just take the bus from your resort to the MK and walk over to the CR. But if you prefer driving and making the transfers- the monorail from the TTC is your best bet.

tinksmom02
08-10-2007, 10:44 PM
If you're planning to go to MK before/after, I would park at the TTC and take the monorail to CR, then just pop over to MK when you're done.

princessjojo
08-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Personally, I would just take the bus from your resort to the MK and walk over to the CR. But if you prefer driving and making the transfers- the monorail from the TTC is your best bet.
I would have to agree. We have made this trip a few times and really had no trouble with the transfers. We just took the bus from the resort to MK then picked up the monorail directly to CR. It took us about 20-30 min. at most for the entire trip.

disneynarula
08-11-2007, 11:52 PM
If you are planning on going to MK then park at the TTC and take the Resort monorail to the Contemporary.

If we are going to Epcot after breakfast then we park at Epcot and take the monorail back to the TTC from Epcot and then the Resort Monorail back to the Contemporary.

DestinationWDW
08-12-2007, 10:00 PM
We were just there this morning and only got 3 hour parking pass - would do as others here already suggested - park at the TTC - monorail loops around to CR and MK. :thumbsup: