PDA

View Full Version : O'hana or Whispering Canyon

Belle_0717
08-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I was hoping my follow post'ers can help.

DH gave me a choice between O'hana or Whispering Canyon for dinner. We have ADRs for O'hana - it's the night of EMH at MK and I wanted to go to the beach for Wishes.

I have heard so many good things about both and now with the peel and eat shrimp at WC, I don't know what to do.

HELP!

SBETigg
08-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I would stick with 'Ohana. It's a great meal (save room for the incredible dessert!) and Wishes from the beach is amazing afterwards. I think it's a better lead-in for the EMH and, a faster return to the park from the Poly than from the WL.

ThanxForNoticin
08-10-2007, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't change your plans. Stick with 'OHana - it's a great meal. They also have really good shrimp! And Wishes on the beach after dinner makes for a great evening. Enjoy, wherever you decide to go.

Tygger7
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Okay, I have to through in a vote in for Whispering Canyon. It's my favorite restaurant, hands down. The food is fantastic...I'm not a fan of "poly" food, and I'm allergic to many of the ingredients (such a coconut), so I'll stick with the good old American standards. The family style BBQ skillet dinner is to die for..and ALL you can eat. Plus, the atmosphere is a total blast. We've always had fantastic food and service there, and I HIGHLY recommend giving it a try. Also, very easy to get to/from MK...we always take the boat which is very relaxing.

ginger19
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
'Ohana gets my vote. Whispering Canyon is good but you can't beat the atmosphere and food at 'Ohana in my opinion.

moe513
08-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Ive been to wc once and Ohanas every trip. Its a must. I found the wc to have good food but thought the skillet was greasy. Also, thePoly has the beach were you can catch the electric light parade or fireworks. Also when you eat at ohanas you have the view of the castle. I also like to walk around the Poly after. The tiki torches will be lit and theres great photo ops.

wdw_bound
08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm no help - we have both on our list each trip :blush:

If I had to choose, given you already have ADRs at Ohana and you have been looking forward to it, I'd stick with Ohana. If you were to change to WCC and even the smallest thing was less than perfect, I'm afraid you'd regret your decision.

Have a great meal!

jwallace378
08-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I'd go with OHana's as well.

GBBT
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
I would stay with O'Hana's.We ate at WC years ago and were not impressed.We ate at O'Hana's last year and we're going back this year.The bread pudding is to die for.:cloud9:

mickeygirl224
08-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Ohanas All The Way!!!!!

Belle_0717
08-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone. We'll keep O'hana's for this trip - can't wait for fireworks! I will put WC on the list for next trip - maybe Feb '08.
:)

GhostHost999
08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Generally I don't like to pile on, but I gotta toss my vote in for Ohana. It's got a fun atmosphere...an amazing sunset view...and very delicious food (not to mention lots of it) for a good price. Have fun on your trip. :D

Maleficent's Dad
08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
O'hana's is so darned popular on these boards, and after two scrutinizing visits in the past three years, I'm still trying to figure out "Why?" :confused:

You asked, so I vote for WCC, but I'm always outnumbered here on Intercot when it comes to O'hana's. :(

disneynarula
08-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I also vote for the WCC. I ate at O'Hana three times and enjoyed my meal but I don't think it was anything spectacular. I am not a huge meat eater and I felt like O'Hana was all about the meat. If you have not eaten there before, they bring out a huge tray of appetizers with some vegetables and then they bring out huge skewers of shrimp,turkey, and some sort of beef. It is alot of meat.

If you have not eaten at the WCC it is worth the trip. If you can get in there I would go for it. It is pretty easy to get to MK from the WL. The boat ride is really cool.

Just my humble opinion. I am not sure why O'Hana is so popular. Maybe it is the atmosphere. It is truly unique it that perspective.

Natazu
08-14-2007, 10:04 PM
'Ohana is leaps and bounds better than Whispering Canyon. We pretty much go there every trip. I could eat the chicken wings every day.