PDA

View Full Version : 2008 dining plan

Dawnya
08-10-2007, 12:12 PM
I have a question about the new dining plan. We are going to WDW from Dec. 29 to Jan 3. We purchased the dining plan. Will it change over to the new plan on Jan 1st or will it stay the same for the duration of our trip? We already have everything payed for and all our ADR's made. It would have been nice if WDW had told us when we made all our plans!

mulderxcoltrane
08-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Call WDW to confirm this but....your whole plan should be under the parameters of 2007 since your first night of stay is in 2007. You should be fine (tip and appetizer still included).

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Call WDW to confirm this but....your whole plan should be under the parameters of 2007 since your first night of stay is in 2007. You should be fine (tip and appetizer still included).

This certainly sounds like logical. Call WDW and let us know. It will be very interesting to hear if this is not the case.

LibertyTreeGal
08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, except that 2008 is when they start to charge everything differently, even the hotel nights are charged separately according to the season, so it could go either way.

tinkerbell04
08-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, except that 2008 is when they start to charge everything differently, even the hotel nights are charged separately according to the season, so it could go either way.

I was thinking the same thing. Please let us know how it works out.

mulderxcoltrane
08-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Yes - please let us know, b/c the advertised changes should be for all reservations beginning January 1, 2008.

DVChris
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
First of all, hello from a fellow Sedalian! I've been on "other boards" for several years, and have known about the Intercot board, but just never registered. I did today just to say "hello", after googling "Disney Sedalia"!

I'm interested in whether the new DDP will kick into effect mid-way through your stay, or if you'll be able to keep the older (and better, I think) plan. It's my *guess* that they'll sell you the 2007 plan for the first nights of your stay, and the 2008 plan for those nights that fall after the new year. This is in line with their new room pricing policy, and is probably the only way that their cast members (who are CONSTANTLY explaining the DDP) could provide the correct information. It's confusing enough without having to figure out when someone originally checked in before you can answer a question for them.

We just returned in early October from an 8 day trip, and used the DDP. I have to say that even if the plan did not change, we might be tempted to pass on it next time. Though we loved the sit-down meals, we had to plan them so far in advance that they didn't mesh well with our actual park plans. So of all of our trips, I think this was the one where we lost the most time and had the most inconvenience due to having to leave/switch parks to meet our ADRs.

Anyway, it's good to know that there's another family here in Sedalia who is (or "might" be) as crazy about Disney as we are. In fact, we bought into the Disney Vacation Club a few years back. My wife and I try to take our two daughters (now ages 9 and 6), along with the occasional relatives or friends, about every 18 months.

This year, we happened to be there for Epcot's 25th Anniversary rededication on Oct 1, which was a great event. It's our favorite park (we own at the Beach Club so we can walk straight in to the World Showcase). And we caught a slight touch of "pin trading fever".

So "hello" from another Sedalian, and I hope you have a great trip. Please let us know what Disney had to say about your 2007/2008 Dining Plan situation.

- Chris

Marker
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I have a question about the new dining plan. We are going to WDW from Dec. 29 to Jan 3. We purchased the dining plan. Will it change over to the new plan on Jan 1st or will it stay the same for the duration of our trip? We already have everything payed for and all our ADR's made. It would have been nice if WDW had told us when we made all our plans!

Very good question. I would certainly call and ask.

As it would be easy to say that it "should" be under the 2007 plan since that when your visit begins, however, if January 1 is the cut-over date, then the computer systems that track the dining plan would be cut over as well. Perhaps the system will account for the different plans, but I wouldn't assume that to be the case.

BTW - Hello Sedalia... just a short hop down the road. (here's to the memory of Goober Burgers from the Wheel Inn)

JPL
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't want to sound like the naysayer here but I can see this being a logistical nightmare. Don't be surprised if you have CMs not knowing what to do or how to handle this. I'm sure it was figured out at the top let's just hope it trickles down.

Know when you were sold what were you told it includes and did they mention the upcoming changes because if they didn't it adds an interesting twist to the equation.