PDA

View Full Version : Eliazbeth Swann costume for MNSSHP done!!

murphy1
08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to share the first costume I made for MNSSHP for my 6 yo. She really wanted E. Swann so I found a great pattern and already had the trim and easily found fabric. I found a pirate medallion necklace and cute hat on Ebay, so am waiting for that in the mail, and her dad brought this fan on a business trip to China. I'm happy how it turned out! The bodice is lace all the way across and sewn on the middle part of the dress. She's so excited to wear the costume and ride PotC. My Mary Poppins outfit is half done and then start on Wendy for my other daughter.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EYtmjlo0bsdA

SBETigg
08-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Gorgeous, Shari! She is going to be such a proper feisty little beauty in it, just like Miss Swann. Lucky girl. You're so talented. I can't wait to see the others, too. Thanks for sharing.

BronxTigger
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
That's great. You did a wonderful job. Your DD will have such a good time wearing that at the MK!

mickey&missy
08-10-2007, 01:00 PM
OMG! That is soooo beautiful! You did a fantastic job!!

poeticeclipse
08-10-2007, 01:07 PM
You're so talented! It looks AWESOME! I would love to have a really beautiful Ariel outfit made. When I was 5 my mom had someone make me one and it was my favorite thing in the world.

disneydrmr
08-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow! That is beautiful! You are so talented!

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Wow! So cute, you will have to share pictures of her in it.

T-Belle
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow Shari, what a beautiful dress! I was in Joann Fabric's just today trying to get some ideas for a costume. You did such a great job!

tinksmom02
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
You did a wonderful job, the dress is beautiful! I'm so jealous--I can barely thread a needle! :blush:

angedeaile
08-11-2007, 01:38 AM
OH wow...that is amazing. It looks better than the ones you can buy at costume shops!

I can't wait to see pics of your Mary Poppin's costume!

Kairi_7378
08-11-2007, 11:55 AM
What a beautiful costume! I know that your DD will feel very special when she wear it. She will be the only one in the parks with a costume like that! Make sure to post some pics of her in the dress when you post your trip report.

murphy1
08-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks so much for the kind words, that's so nice!

Here is my Mary Poppins costume. All I had to buy was the organza to make it, so this one only cost a few dollars for that!! The Swann costume was only about $6 to make since I had the supplies already there too. The Wendy should be a breeze after these!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EYtmjlo0bsdi&notag=1