PDA

View Full Version : GF or Contemporary?

JohnnyJayhawk
08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
We've never stayed at either one. We're deciding between a garden view at GF or a tower room with a park view at the Contemporary?

Thoughts?

Lynn J Mc
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
either will be wondeful. I haven't stayed at GF but have visited there for dinner. Beautiful resort. It is rather large. We have stayed in the tower several times. This May we had a park view and it was wonderful. Plus you can't beat the convenience of the monorail being just an elevator and escalator ride away. Have fun!!

SBETigg
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Both are wonderful places to stay. I'm partial to the GF, because I love the relaxed elegance and I just feel at home there. But I have stayed at the Contemporary, and it is truly amazing, especially with a park view.

In trying to decide between the two, consider if you prefer to have everything in one building(CR) or if you like to have larger, more spread out grounds(GF). If you like more peaceful, serene surroundings (GF) or if you prefer activity and a lively environment (CR). The pools at the GF give it a slight edge for me- I prefer the pool areas at GF. And last, that view! You have a nice beach area with great views at the GF, but the view from your room at CR. Transportation at both resorts is fantastic, so for me it would come down to preferred environment. You really can't go wrong, whichever you choose.

JohnnyJayhawk
08-10-2007, 11:27 AM
We don't tend to spend a lot of time at the resort, and the kids aren't old enough to take advantage of many of the activities at GF. Maybe we should stay there when the girls are older. Plus, there will be five of us including the baby so maybe the extra space in the Contemporary rooms would be needed.

I'm also liking the idea of being as close as possible to the monorail with all the strollers, kids, etc.

BelleBeauty
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
If you are worried about transport time, I would probably go with the CR. You can walk to MK and then you are the first stop on the return monorail. You are also close enough to the GF, should you want to see the grounds or take advantage of special things like the afternoon tea.

All in all, if you won't be at the resort for very long, go for the CR because it is a tad less expensive. Save the deluxes for when the kids are older (or when you make a solo trip) and will be taking the time to enjoy the resort.

Wrigley
08-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I have never stayed at the GF, but we have eaten there before. It looks like it would be an amazing resort-very beautiful. However, I have stayed at the Contemporary and absolutely loved it! The rooms are very big and the convenience of the monorail is wonderful. I also love the restaurants that they have to offer. I think if I had to choose, I would choose Contemporary, but it would be a VERY hard decision!

pox24
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Although the CR tower is awesome, its not even close... The Grand Floridian!
The jewel of WDW.:thumbsup:

Friend of Figment
08-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I love the Contemporary and the view of the fireworks from your room is awesome. I also think transportation is a little easier ther since whether it is monorail or bus you can take the elevator down and you are at the stop.

TammiMcMan
08-10-2007, 06:09 PM
All in all, if you won't be at the resort for very long, go for the CR because it is a tad less expensive. Save the deluxes for when the kids are older (or when you make a solo trip) and will be taking the time to enjoy the resort.Actually, both are considered a deluxe resort and for the two rooms that the OP is considering, the GF garden is $20 per night less than the CR.

I agree that it's really a tough decision as both have their own special things to offer. I love the open resort feel at the GF, along with the zero entry pool and cabanas, but you can't beat the convenience and view from a tower MK room.

In this case, you can't go wrong with either choice.

JohnnyJayhawk
08-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Well we were leaning towards CR, but I think we'll give GF a try this time around. Seems like every time we see it on our way into MK I think, "Some day we've got to stay there". Plus we like the idea of a more relaxed atmosphere, and the kids will enjoy a lot of the activities there.

GhostHost999
08-14-2007, 09:31 PM
If it were me, I would stay at the Contemporary, now I have to confess that I am biased in that I love that resort and have had many fond memories there, but there's really nothing better than sitting on your balcony, sipping on a cherry coke (or whatever drink you like) and watching the fireworks go off over the castle. There's something special about that place. :mickey:

threeh
08-16-2007, 04:55 PM
I think CR is a great choice. We were lucky enough to stay one night on the 14th floor and the tower view is amazing. Just being able to see that castle at night, watch the fireworks will be cool for your kids. It's also really easy to just walk to MK.

Good luck and have a great trip!!:mickey:

kim1st
08-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm sitting here very jealous and thinking I need to book another trip NOW!!! :D

I think if it were me - I'd pick the MK view at CR.

Have a fabulous trip - whichever you choose!!!!:mickey:

princessimagineer
08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
CR is the first stop from MK but MK is the last stop from CR... MK is the first stop for GF but GF is the last stop from MK... they are complete opposites! just go with the poly, its right in the middle!

if you prefer to be relaxed i dont think you can go wrong eather way. but maybe you want to save the CR view for when your kids are older and can appriciate it a little more?

CR dooeesss have the walking path but with little kids will you ever use it?

you cant loose eather way though, so have a great trip!