PDA

View Full Version : Poly's Spirit of Aloha, DDP & Tiers

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-09-2007, 11:12 PM
We were thinking of using 2 of our DDP credits to do the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. I notice that, if we were to pay out of pocket, we could pay to sit in a certain tier. What I wonder is that, since we'd be using our DDP credits, what tier does that correlate to? I wonder if there is a DDP section? Or are we going to be filled in to sections as leftover seats remain? I'm going to call Disney Dining, but until I do, I'd like to hear what people think.

Also, if you've done the dinner, how was it? Did you like it? Was the food tasty?
I'll be bringing preschoolers. Do you think that it's exciting enough for little ones to sit through?

DizneyRox
08-10-2007, 06:35 AM
We were thinking of using 2 of our DDP credits to do the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. I notice that, if we were to pay out of pocket, we could pay to sit in a certain tier. What I wonder is that, since we'd be using our DDP credits, what tier does that correlate to? I wonder if there is a DDP section? Or are we going to be filled in to sections as leftover seats remain? I'm going to call Disney Dining, but until I do, I'd like to hear what people think.

Also, if you've done the dinner, how was it? Did you like it? Was the food tasty?
I'll be bringing preschoolers. Do you think that it's exciting enough for little ones to sit through?

DDP get TIer 2 and 3. Those are the less desirable seats, the most desireable seats are front and center and are Tier 1. It's not like obstructed view or anything, just not front and center.

Now, 2 TS meals are generally not a good value on the DDP. I would always pay OOP for them regardless, save the credits for two meals instead. The SoA show is basically a buffet, family style, but still a buffet. The entertainment was a joke last time I went, so definietly not worth it for me. I won't be going back, it was that bad. Food was so-so as well, dry chicken and one of the worst desserts I've ever had.

It's really hit or miss, many people really like the show, others, like myself, don't care for it. If you want a guaranteed hit, check out the Hoope Dee Doo. It's corny fun and sure to be a blast for everyone. Well, not everyone, but significantly more poeple prefer HDD over SoA, that's a fact.

mouseketeer mom
08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
We have done the SOA in the past before there was tiered seating and were way on the side in the front. We enjoyed the show so much we have booked it for Thanksgiving day this year. We have the DDP, but instead chose to pay out of pocket for it which we already did and will have tier one seating. The show was alot of fun. People always debate which is better, Spirit of Aloha or Hoop de doo. We have seen both, really enjoyed both and feel like they are just sooo different, you really shouldn't compare them. IMO, they are both worth seeing!

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 12:21 AM
We have already booked the Hoop-Dee-Doo using the DDP. Can we change it to OOP, at this point (our ADR is for Sept. 2), or is it too late?
I'm not real crazy about the tiered seating either, and didn't even think about paying OOP. Duh!

DizneyRox
08-11-2007, 06:08 AM
We have already booked the Hoop-Dee-Doo using the DDP. Can we change it to OOP, at this point (our ADR is for Sept. 2), or is it too late?
I'm not real crazy about the tiered seating either, and didn't even think about paying OOP. Duh!
I'm sure, however I would be surprised if there was still tier 1 seating left this late in the game. Tier 1 seating is also more expensive than tier 2 or 3. With the DDP, they don't charge you until get there (or your credit card if you're a no show), when paying OOP, they charge immediately upon making the reservations.

At the HDD, tier 1 is front and center. Tier 2 is
the back of the theater (mostly) and tier 3 is (mostly) balcony. There is some overlap with tier 2 and 3 but that's the general idea. Remember, there really isn't a bad seat at HDD, the show and the food is the same.