PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Mnchknbrat1982
08-09-2007, 10:11 PM
So my question is this : The money that you bring with you for all of your shopping do you put it on a disney gift card, just use your debit/credit card, or use your room charge and pay it off with cash?

Trying to decide what the bf and I need to do. I really don't want to put it all in disney gift cards because what if we don't spend it all. We don't have a disney store near us. We're looking at bringing around $800.00

If you do the room charge how do I set this up? As I would pay it off with cash.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-09-2007, 10:17 PM
We always just bring cash. I think it's no more difficult to carry cash or a debit card. I don't like the charge on the room key thing. Just another step to complicate checkout. I think it would be easier to spend that way too. We always seperate our money for each day so we know what we budget. That's what works best for us. I am not agaisnt any other method but just never bothered.

goofiecrazy
08-10-2007, 07:44 AM
We usually do half cash and half travelers checks.Then we had a credit card if we really needed it.

TINKERBELL_82
08-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I would bring around $200 cash and put the rest in your bank account for use on your debit card. If you bring it all in cash and lose it there is no way to replace it, but if your card gets stolen you can work with your bank to get any fraudulent charges removed.

As for setting up your card, you will need a credit or debit card at check in. They will run it and give you a limit for charging (mine normally comes to around $1000, even if I don't have quite that much in there). From there, you can just charge away!! You can call the front desk and check your balance at any time, and then at check out, just pay with cash. Just remember to bring a little cash with you into the parks because some of the smaller snack stands, etc. don't take the cards.

gueli
08-10-2007, 09:35 AM
I always end up spending more with the room charge, yet i still do it...must be something wrong with me...as to your questions, contact your resort (i am sure someone there will be happy to answer your questions), I also would not worry about bringing the cash, you should have an in room safe to keep it..uh, safe.
Have a good trip
:mickey:

cmay0507
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
When I went last year I brough $800.00, I got a $500 Visa check card from the bank (commerce) and brought $300 in cash. That worked out really good for me!! :mickey:

tinksmom02
08-10-2007, 10:17 PM
When I went last year I brough $800.00, I got a $500 Visa check card from the bank (commerce) and brought $300 in cash. That worked out really good for me!! :mickey:

I never thought of this, but it's a great idea!!

We usually just bring cash. I take out X amount for the day and the rest goes in the safe. I do put a credit card on the room key, just in case I happen to be caught without cash.

Definitely going to think about the Visa check card!