PDA

View Full Version : Jambayla Jazz Band Question

Disney Babe
08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Going to DL this Saturday and just found out about this band that plays in NOS. For anyone who has heard/seen them, are they just playing in the streets or at The French Market too? Do they play dixieland and are they as good as The Side Street Strutters were?

Thanks for any answers.

NotaGeek
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
They play on the corner caddy-corner to the entrance to Pirates right as you walk down towards Blue Bayou. They are more jazzy and juke-jointy and the lead singer is AMAZING ... great personality and voice!

Disney Babe
08-10-2007, 03:03 AM
Thank you, Notageek. I always like to hear a great singer!

Disney Babe
08-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Back from my DL trip and I saw the Jambayla Jazz Band! I just want to let others know that some of the members of the Side Street Strutters are now in the Jambayla Jazz Band, including the leader of the Side Street Strutters, Rob. So, in case you are a fan, you know you can still hear some of them play at DL. The singer, who is called Quenie, does some shows with them and some with the Royal Street Bachelors, who have some sets on the French Market stage. She is a very good performer and gets the audience involved. I think she is just what NOS needed.

The Jambayla Jazz do come out into NOS and do play without Quennie later in the day and I was told that they do a pre-show before the first Fantasmic show on the River.

I called DL guest relations to get the show times and was told at first there is no music in NOS. You really have to push to get the show times because the CM has to keep searching and the info is not on the calendar. It will not show up in the entertainment guide you get at the turnstiles either. If anyone is interested in showtimes I can post the times I was given for this past Saturday.