PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill, What Do You Think ???

moe513
08-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Because Japan wont be ready I booked lunch at Garden Grill. I did have Chef de France and Olivias but canceled them both and now I have garden grill. Should I still try for something else??? I call Disney Dining nightly to see if something has opened up elsewhere due to a cancelation. Thanks:unsure:

KylesMom
08-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Lunch at the Garden Grill is a must-do for us each trip. The food is tasty and plentiful, the servers have always been wonderful and the characters are fun in their "down-home farmer" garb. My DS just thinks it's so cool to eat in a rotating restaurant!

My .02 - I wouldn't change it! :mickey:

mainemajor
08-09-2007, 07:23 PM
We have eaten there for breakfast and dinner and LOVED it. The food is good, it is a very relaxing restarant and the interaction with the charaters was very good. We got some of our best photos there. Well worth it and would highly recommend you keep your reservations there:mickey:

jax86
08-09-2007, 07:28 PM
maybe I'm in the minority here but I was not thrilled with garden grill. I had to cancel our reservations at Le Cellier at the last minute (long story!) and maybe I was just upset about that. The character interaction was great but I was not impressed with the food. (we ate dinner there) my kids loved it though.:)

DizneyRox
08-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I like it. It's not a must do, probably because of the bad experience when they changed the menu. It was good last time we were there and we would eat there again, but I'm not in a rush.

Jen C.
08-09-2007, 08:56 PM
We also didn't care for the food. Character interaction was great, my kids did enjoy it and the atmosphere, but food was just so-so.

ElenitaB
08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
As of last year (even earlier but last year was the first time we were able to go again), the menu was changed back to its original format.

We've only missed Garden Grill on one of our WDW trips. We enjoy the revolving restaurant and the bird's eye view of Living with the Land, but most of all we enjoy the great character interaction. As it's a smaller venue, my DS has always gotten lots of attention and many return visits.

I also recommend it for parents of toddlers who get frustrated when they see a character coming and have to wait their turn. As the restaurant has built-in "corners," there's less "Mickey's there, I want to see him NOW" going on!

Mickey07
08-10-2007, 12:26 AM
I agree with all the other posts I wouldnt change it, the foods good, the place rotates, and the characters are cool too. :twocents:

jennifer99
08-10-2007, 07:27 AM
We LOVE the GG. We have only eatten dinner there but I am sure lunch is just as good. Our kids ask to eat there every trip. We all love rotating around the Land. The characters are great. The food is really good. We say keep it!!:mickey:
Have a magical trip!!

mouseketeer mom
08-10-2007, 07:44 AM
We LOVE the garden grill. The food is really really good., because of the set up, it feels kind of private while you're eating..the characters are plentiful and as I said, the food is sooo good. Love the bread with the orange butter, the peppery catfish, the amazing potatoes. Gosh, just thinking about it, I can hear the sounds of the Land ride, and smell the delicious smell of the place. You'll love it I'm sure.

DawsonAR
08-10-2007, 10:32 AM
We love the GG. It is always a must do for us. Good for both kids and adults.

emmom3001
08-10-2007, 10:46 AM
We did not care much for the food. We did really enjoy the privacy it gives and the characters were great. If you have kids then it would be great for them to see the characters

DisneyBunch5
08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Although the character interaction was fun, we did not enjoy the food and therefore would not recommend it.

ShanPooh
08-10-2007, 04:49 PM
We liked the food. Considering it is "family style", it was very good. We got seconds on several things and everyone was full and happy - even ultrapicky DS (5 at the time).
The character interaction was great. Our DD (almost 2 at the time) was terrified of 6ft tall chipmunks, though :-o
All the character stayed around long enough for us to pull out multiple cameras and do several pictures.
This was our only peak at Living with the Land since it was in rehab while we were there. Really neat seeing them working on it.

wdwfansince75
08-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Did it with kids and grandkids on last trip and loved it! Only negative was the turkey....too dry! Grandkids discovered catfish! Even the pickiest eaters among them loved it.

Characters were great....Chip used trays to create a "hidden Mickey" which we photo-ed and submitted. Interacted well with grandkids from 6 to 13...and with adults as well.

DW rarely eats beef or fish, so she was disappointed with the turkey. She thought it was too much like a pressed loaf! The rest of us ate well.

It is not a chain! Unique, and good...go for it!

moe513
08-11-2007, 11:33 AM
My dd was so excited about this adr. Anything with the characters is great to her. Anyway its all about the kids so Im staying with this adr. Also, most of the reviews have been very positive, so its a go for us. Thanks for your time answering.

tarjaybuff
08-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I have been posting this meesage for a long time. Garden Grill is the best kept secret in all of WDW!!

We go for lunch every year. $18.99 for "all you care to eat" deep-fried catfish(I hate catfish, but love theirs), roasted turkey, and steak. The orange-honey butter is to die for. Service is always good and the best place for character interaction. Don't miss out.:mickey:

grego77
08-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I really enjoy Garden Grill...probably more for the characters and the revolving restaurant aspect more than the food. The first time I went there, the food was OUTSTANDING...the catfish was great, the steak was amazing, and the veggies were incredible. I love the crutons-like thingies they put on the organic salad. The second time I went, the food was not as good...however, it is defintiely good enough for another visit...looking forward to going there next month! :mickey:

AdventurerKim
08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
We went to GG last Nov and weren't impressed by it. The food was okay, nothing special, but the character interaction was great! They actually stopped at our table (four adults!) and let us take pics! This has been a problem at other character dining since we're sans kids. As family style dining goes, our favorite has been O'Hana for food, atmosphere, and fun.

Natazu
08-13-2007, 04:30 AM
I like Garden Grill. It's fun, inexpensive, and the food is good. I like Marrakesh better though.