PDA

View Full Version : Kind of disappointed

Pop Centurion
08-09-2007, 03:07 PM
I just picked up my package from Liberty Travel for our Sept trip. We didn't get any of the extras that you would have got if we booked through Disney, like the commemorative luggage tags, Free 5x7 photo, $15 off Planet Hollywood. :(
Oh well. I can't really complain since they were the only place that could get us Pop Century. I guess it's a fair sacrifice.

ariel03
08-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I thought those where thing that you got no matter what. Liberty travel has to call and make that reservation for you. they just get the info and give it to you. I know thru AAA you get all those things.:confused:

Strmchsr
08-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I thought those where thing that you got no matter what. Liberty travel has to call and make that reservation for you.

That's exactly right. It doesn't matter who you order through, whether Disney, Magical Journeys, AAA, or anyone else. The same stuff still should come to you. You need to ask about that.

ariel03
08-09-2007, 04:58 PM
You really need to ask about your stuff. Your entitled to it. Hopefully they weren't trying to get one over on you so they could have it for themselves. That would be sad.:shake:

snifflesmcg
08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
It was my understanding that if you book a package you get....the whole package. I belive that AAA (which is who I booked with this year) is giving me that package.

CleveRocks
08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
It was my understanding that if you book a package you get....the whole package. I belive that AAA (which is who I booked with this year) is giving me that package.
Right. Those are perks of booking a package as opposed to room-only. The ONLY way to stay at a WDW owned-and-operated resort is to book through the Walt Disney Travel Company. It doesn't matter if your travel agent books your travel through WDTC or you do it yourself, everyone's trip is booked through WDTC, and WDTC offers certain perks to ALL customers who book a PACKAGE (NOT room-only), regardless of how they booked that PACKAGE.

Tink1
08-09-2007, 06:29 PM
It actually depends on WHO Liberty booked the package with. Librty is owned by GO-GO tours, who is a broker of DIsney rooms. (they hold space for resale) The perks and extras offered by GoGo can differ from those offered by DIsney, or Funjet, or Delta Dream Vacations etc etc.

Not all Disney trips are booked through Disney.

Nanci

Pop Centurion
08-10-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll have to question the manager to see what I can find out. I asked the agent we dealt with and she told us that we don't get it. The only thing we did get was a $5 certificate to Planet Hollywood instead of $15.

PAMOUSELOVER
08-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Shorty,
Please call, as I have always booked with Liberty and recived the luggage tags at the least. I know one time we did not get the free picture they were offering but that was becasue it was a book online only offer or something. I have always gotten the other vouchers.
Call back and let us know. I could call my TA at liberty here in Pa and ask for you also.

Dizneyfan
08-11-2007, 12:23 AM
I would call and ask. I always thought that no matter who you book through you would get these perks.:mickey: