PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century: Preferred rooms?

TikiGoddess
08-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi all,

I know that the 60's buildings are preferred, and portions of the 50's and 70's buildings. The question is:

Which portion, exactly, of the 50's and 70's buildings are preferred?

A couple years ago I stayed at Pop. I was in the 70's Mickey Phone building and it was perfectly located... we have booked standard rooms for the next trip and I was wondering if that building is now preferred or not.

Thanks!
TikiG

BugeyedMuggy
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
This is a question I posed to Pop many times and got a different answer every time.
1. I was told by the manager behind the desk, "It's decided by how far from the main building your room is.
2. I was told by a cast member at check-in, "it goes by the view.
3. I was told by reservations over the phone, "The 60's 70's & 80's are preffered."

:confused::confused::confused:
I'm sure this doesn't help, but my point is:
whatever you hear, it might not be right.

TikiGoddess
08-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I found an answer to my own question... each of the 50's, 60's, and 70's buildings closest to the pool have both standard and preferred rooms. Basically, the rooms from the pool until the large icon in the middle of the building are preferred. The rooms facing away from the pool or past the icons are standard. All of the 'interior' rooms in the 60's buildings are preferred.

If you'd like to see a map of these rooms, PM me and I'll send you the link.

TikiG

BugeyedMuggy
08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
as I said before you get a different answer every time you ask someone. We were in the 70"s building on the side looking over a playground and one CM told us it was the playground view and the front desk said it was the closeness to the foodcourt.

Donalds Duckie
08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Yep, it changes every time. I stayed at Pop in 1950's building Sept. 2004, with a perfect view of the pool and Icons and it was not a preferred room. But, it was a very good room.

We have 2 rooms booked at Pop for a family trip in April 08 and requested 1950's again. Since we're all adults it won't matter where we end up, we just prefer the 1950's theme.

Can you believe I'm staying at CR Tower in 2 weeks for a solo trip and I'm more "excited" about our trip to Pop next year, lol.

jusandnew
08-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I just stayed in the 60's and it was not the preferred room. i stayed by the lake.The preferred rooms are some of the 60-70's. No matter where you are the parking lot is far away. It is a large resort.