PDA

View Full Version : Sending out Laundry at the WL

WishingStar2006
08-09-2007, 07:58 AM
We have an extened trip coming up and will need to do laundry while in the world...which doesn't sound like fun to me. I know they have a washer and dryer on the first floor at WL but sitting my the laundry for a couple of hours really doesn't sound like fund but I can't imagine just leaving the machines with out clothes in them either. Does anyone know if you can send just regular laundry out to have it washed or is it just dry cleaning?

Thanks!

gueli
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
my understanding is that it is a very expensive option. I too will have to do laundry at some point, I expect to hit the laundry at the poly and hopefully will be able to put in multiple loads at once, (thus reducing the amount of time needed), but this is another place that I think a parent swap will occur...
Gueli
:mickey:

DisneyDudet
08-09-2007, 08:36 AM
We usually do laundry on our midday break, so we're not 'wasting' time.

To have them do it for you, contact Guest Services and use the laundry bags in the closest provided.

mttafire
08-09-2007, 09:33 AM
We usually do laundry on our midday break, so we're not 'wasting' time.

To have them do it for you, contact Guest Services and use the laundry bags in the closest provided.
Us too. We just do it ourselves around day 4 or so. We only do a bit for each person and usually just 2 loads, One dark and one whites.

KylesMom
08-09-2007, 09:53 AM
There is an option to send out your laundry - but they only provide you with a small plastic bag - not enough to take care of your laundry woes while at The World.

We also go for extended stays (15 days) and while it probably isn't practical, we literally bring enough clothes & undergarments to last the whole trip. We also usually buy 2-3 shirts a piece, so it fills in the gaps. We (I) did laundry on our first two trips, and decided that I'd pass on the laundry issue after that! :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
08-09-2007, 10:27 AM
We just stayed at WL in Feb. of this year. I normally never do laundry while on vacation, but since we were going to be in WDW for longer than our usual week I did some laundry around the middle of our trip. We always take a day off from the parks mid trip so this worked out great. I put two or three batches washing and then took the boys to the Cub's den to do some activities. After their activities I went back to put the clothes drying and we continued to hang out at the lodge. We went to the gift shop, pin traded, sat by the fireplace and just hung out around the lobby. It was a nice and relaxing couple of hours. I know most people hate the idea of leaving their clothes unattended, but it didn't bother me at all. I figured if someone was desperate enough to go through someone elses laundry and take it then they are pretty pathetic and perhaps they need the items more than I do. I really don't think you'd have any problems leaving your clothes washing and drying while you enjoy the hotel or the pool with your family. Good luck!!

tinksmom02
08-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately, I can't vouch for the deluxes, but DH (love him!) does laundry at least once during our trip. Last trip he did a HUGE load mid-trip, and another one the night before we left. That was awesome, because we got home and only had to put clothes away!

Anyway, we stayed at POR, and prior to that, CSR, and he'd put the wash in and go back to the room to hang out, then head back to switch it. Generally it was very late at night when he did laundry, but no one ever bothered our things.

We're planning to utilize the pool at POFQ this trip, and I think the laundry room isn't that far away, so who knows? I may even help DH this time around! LOL