PDA

View Full Version : Japanese restaurant questions...... 3 in one building?

Sunshine1010
08-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Okay - don't laugh, but I'm drawing a complete blank.

In the Japan pavilion at the World Showcase, I have eaten at the hibachi restaurant (soon to be renamed).

Question: When you walk up the stairs, I remember the hibachi restaurant being to the left. There was another place all the way to the right that sold tempura, sushi, etc. What was the name of it? Do you need reservations? Is that a CS from the dining plan? I ate there once and was blown away at how good it was.

Question: There was a 3rd place, kinda in the middle. What is the name and what do they have....was it a sushi bar connected to the place on the right...., and are they TS or CS or what.....?

LauraF
08-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Walking into the pavillion it goes as follows:
To your left (in the garden) - Yakitori House, which is the CS place
To your right and up the stairs - Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, the hibachi steakhouse.

Are you perhaps talking about 3 places inside Teppanyaki? The left was the hibachi, the right was the bar (Matsunoma Lounge) and I believe the Tempura Kiku was straight ahead. (I never went anyplace but the Hibachi so I'm not entirely sure.) Tempura Kiku isa CS place.

Maleficent's Dad
08-09-2007, 09:04 AM
This is the way it used to be, at least before the renovation:
Up the stairs in the center was the tempura place (deep fried). Far left was Teppanyaki. Far right was Matsu NoMa Lounge w/ sushi.

There is (was?) a podium as you entered where you could check in for ressies to Teppanyaki, or they could direct you to the tempura place or sushi/lounge area.

Crow
08-09-2007, 11:17 AM
This is the way it used to be, at least before the renovation:
Up the stairs in the center was the tempura place (deep fried). Far left was Teppanyaki. Far right was Matsu NoMa Lounge w/ sushi.

There is (was?) a podium as you entered where you could check in for ressies to Teppanyaki, or they could direct you to the tempura place or sushi/lounge area.

yep, i ate once at Teppanyaki yrs ago, once at tempura bar...then lots of times in the Loungel
there was no better place for sake, sushi and a view of the lagoon:thumbsup:
now i will see what happens w the changes.

Sunshine1010
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey guys ---- I did some further investigating and found out the answer.......

In that building - there were 3 places:
1. Teppenyaki (hibachi)
2. Matsu Nu Ma Lounge
3. Tempura Kiku

1.Teppenyaki is turning into TEPPAN ADO
2. Matsu Nu Ma Lounge AND Tempura Kiku are being merged into one place. New name: TOKYO DINING (or something similar)

As of today - only the Teppan ado will be participating in the dining plan. Not the Tokyo Dining one.

Figment!
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey guys ---- I did some further investigating and found out the answer.......

Hopefully you didn't have to investigate further than the News forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=24), as all of this information is there. :)

Sunshine1010
08-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I must be blind, because I just looked it up, and it didn't really talk about the other 2 places upstairs.

I couldn't find info on whether the other 2 places were included on the dining plan or not, and if so, was it TS or CS.

I'm blind.

Anyhow ----- I just called MS to check on a confirmation number I had misplaced and she and I started talking about it. So, no....I didn't work too hard.

Figment!
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I must be blind, because I just looked it up, and it didn't really talk about the other 2 places upstairs.

I couldn't find info on whether the other 2 places were included on the dining plan or not, and if so, was it TS or CS.Mis-read your question slightly (multitasking ;)), at first glance though you were only asking about the changes.

For future reference:

General Dining information can be found in the Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

Disney Dining Plan restaurant listing (by type) can be found in the "Magic Your Way" Dining Plan Restaurants (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

Sunshine1010
08-10-2007, 03:56 PM
.....whew.....I'm not blind. Well, slightly it seems as times....he he

Thank You Figment!!!!!...

If I knew how to put a smily face on here for you, I would!!!!