PDA

View Full Version : How Busy on Week Before X-Mas?

2Goofy
08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
We are deciding whether to go the week before X-mas and are wondering what the crowd levels are like then? We are thinking about being there Dec. 14 - 20. :unsure:

NewmanFamily6
08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I had heard it wasn't so bad so that is when we went last year. It was crowded but manageable. AK seemed to be the worst for the crowding. Definitely take advantage of MVMCP that was the highlight of our trip:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
It will grow increasingly more crowded as you go along, but the week before isn't nearly as bad as the week after. The first part of your trip shouldn't be too bad at all.

faline
08-09-2007, 05:01 AM
We've been around those dates in the past and have found it to be a great time to go. Crowds are beginning to pour in by time we left!

DisneyDudet
08-09-2007, 08:28 AM
You will experience increasing crowds everyday, especially if the weather is nice and warm. You are going early enough to where you shouldn't notice a big increase in crowds until about the 18 or so, because schools aren't out yet. In this case, get MK and as much as you can done before then just in case the crowds are too wild for you.

You will notice that shopping in DTD will be a zoo!

We like going that week, usually closer to Christmas. Our latest was the 23, and it wasn't horrible. Heavy crowds are different at Christmas. People are so busy looking at decorations and the weather is usually perfect, not hot and muggy and people are grumpy.

Have a great time!

disneycouple2004
08-09-2007, 09:00 AM
That week is a great time to go, it was our favorite week to go every year, until the school where DW teaches changed their Christmas break..:mad:..now we are going the week of Christmas...as others posted you will notice the crowds to pick up as the week goes by..you will love it..have a wondeful trip !:D

Aggie97
08-11-2007, 09:24 PM
We went Dec. 16-26 last year and had a blast. The crowd level really picked up around Dec. 21. Before that it was crowded but much better than we had expected. I would not hesitate to go during your timeframe. The Christmas activities were great, too - MVMCP, Candlelight Processional & Osborne Lights!

IloveDisney71
08-11-2007, 09:37 PM
We are deciding whether to go the week before X-mas and are wondering what the crowd levels are like then? We are thinking about being there Dec. 14 - 20. :unsure:
I am SO glad you asked this question. My family will be there from the 15 - 20th and I was worried about the crowd levels. I was very glad to read all the other posts about this being a good time to go! :woohoo::joy::yay::clappy::santa:

2Goofy
08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded. We actually decided to go Dec. 8 - 14. Can't wait. :mickey: