PDA

View Full Version : Alone at Last...Now What?

Grammie Bear
08-08-2007, 04:32 PM
DH and I are going to Disney... Alone!!!! Have been many times with own kids and stayed off property. Treated our grandkids twice and stayed at All Star Movies and All Star Sports. Every time has been great especially the Pirate/Princess Party.(Thanks to advice from all of you). Now we want to enjoy as two old geezers and don't know if we should upgrade or do value resort again. Can't afford to go hog wild but Thinking of Port Orleans French quarter. We may be old but we can outlast the best of them when we get to Disney. We become kids again!!! Any ideas out there of where we should stay? ( by the way have to go during feb vacation--bummer I know)

Disney Here we come Grammie and Papa Bear

pogo
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
:congrats:

You are finally growing up !

My DW and I go to WDW by ourselves and we love it. We love doing what we want to do when we want to do it !

POFQ is a good choice. We stayed there last April and loved every minute of it. Very quiet and can be quite romantic. Go read my trip reports from April 07 and you'll see what I mean. Good luck and have a wonderfull time. :D

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 04:52 PM
POFQ sounds like a great choice. You're going to love it! It's like rediscovering the World all over again.

GreenBeetle
08-08-2007, 05:09 PM
POFQ is an excellent idea!! :thumbsup:

garymacd
08-08-2007, 05:11 PM
DH and I are going to Disney... Alone!!!! Have been many times with own kids and stayed off property. Treated our grandkids twice and stayed at All Star Movies and All Star Sports. Every time has been great especially the Pirate/Princess Party.(Thanks to advice from all of you). Now we want to enjoy as two old geezers and don't know if we should upgrade or do value resort again. Can't afford to go hog wild but Thinking of Port Orleans French quarter. We may be old but we can outlast the best of them when we get to Disney. We become kids again!!! Any ideas out there of where we should stay? ( by the way have to go during feb vacation--bummer I know)

Disney Here we come Grammie and Papa Bear

POFQ is a great choice. We have gone sans kids and loved it. By the way, save yourself some money and don't buy park passes. You won't need them!:thedolls:

I can't believe I said that with a straight face!:blush:

IloveDisney71
08-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I have never stayed at POFQ, but my husband and I spent a wonderful trip (alone) at CBR. It is a beautiful resort and very relaxing. I enjoyed taking walks and sitting by the water's edge. You two will have a great time! Enjoy yourselves!!!:mickey:

disneycouple2004
08-08-2007, 05:39 PM
:congrats:
We have not been blessed with children yet, so we have been going as a couple for awhile..sounds like you have the right idea..have a wonderful time :thumbsup:

*Pepper*
08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Although POFQ is nice....I always think PO Riverside is a more romantic setting...more bucolic, seemingly slower paced, more room to roam amongst the greenery....but than I'm just a hopeless romantic anyway. LOL!

dephenn
08-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I agree with Pepper. If I had the choose between POFQ of PORS I'd go with PORS. CBR is nice too, But if go there try and request a room on the 2nd floor.

Zimkeeper
08-08-2007, 06:58 PM
We also love POR. We stayed at POFQ once, but missed the QUIET pools at POR. We always request a room on the top floor as well. I guess the size of the POR makes it seem less crowded. There is more room to be alone and the setting is very laid back and romantic especially the Mansion section.
Have a wonderful time.

crazypoohbear
08-08-2007, 07:56 PM
If you can upgrade to PORS or PORFQ then by all means do so. You have been so many times with the kids and grandkids you don't want to be at the values and start missing the kids ;)
Both PO will be very nice and maybe rekindle that romance :blush:
What ever you choose have a wonderful time

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
The CBR is a great place if you're going alone. I went with the DGF last May and we stayed there for 4 nights..it was a great getaway...South Trinidad was sooo secluded!

Chris :hatter: