PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy ponchos?

bibbidiboo3
08-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I tried Target ($8) and Walmart ($4) for adult size ponchos. No luck with finding any kid size ponchos. Any suggestions?

jpH/keD
08-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I got kids sized ponchos at Walmart last Nov but only Tinkerbell! I STILL havent found anything for our boys!!:confused: I have a friend that has a sister that works at Disney and she got me Mickey ponchos for the boys but she got them at the parks! I am assuming like me that you want them before your trip!! Very frustrating I know! Have a nice trip and good luck on your search!

TinkiTime1989
08-08-2007, 03:03 PM
The Wal-Mart and Target stores in the Orlando/Kissimmee area had ponchos when we were there in June. They had both adult and kid's ponchos in Mickey, Minnie, and the Princesses.

Tinkitude
08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
If you don't necessarily need the characters on your poncho, Dollar General Stores sell them for $1 a piece. You can always cut the length to fit better. Just a thought. :mickey:

TinkRocks
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Most of the stores in the parks & resorts will have those semi-clear ponchos with Mickey on the back for a few $ ($8, I think, but could be mistaken). When it's raining, they usually have the ponchos ready at the cash registers because they are popular...

CleveSJM
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Sporting goods stores in the Camping section.

We try to wear clothes that can get wet and dry up quickly. Worse case scenario it's an excuse to hit a shop and buy a new shirt. :blush:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-08-2007, 06:36 PM
We have bought poncho's at the park and spent $6 a piece for them. If you want to buy them and save a few bucks the Dollar Tree sells tem for $1! I just recently went to Target and found my son a Cars rain poncho that snaps instead of going over the head, it also has a hood, (just like a rain coat but same weight as a poncho) best part is that it was on clearance for $1.97!:mickey:

thrillme
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Hmmm...take another look at Target or Walmart (unfortunately I'm drawing a blank). I bought several in the camping section for .89 cents just before my DS went to boyscout camp. They were a little "tricky" to find because they were on the top shelf and they were folded up in a very tight 3 inch square. They came in dark blue, red and green. Of course they are NOT high quality but they keep the rain off and they fit nicely in a fanny pack or even a cargo pocket.

Now if you're looking for something really "nice" that you'll want to reuse over and over again then you'll pay quite a bit more. I promise you they ARE at either Target or Walmart (I think walmart had them for .89 and Target had them for about a dollar something)

bibbidiboo3
08-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll try the camping and clearance sections and see what I can find.

Momof2boys
08-09-2007, 10:09 AM
We bought kid sized ponchos at Walgreens for $3 or $4 .

chrisb26
08-10-2007, 01:30 AM
I would look at the Dollar store we have gotten them at Disney or other places for more money and the same thing always seems to happen they rip so now we just go for the dollar store version saves us money and we dont have to worry about saving them cause they only cost us a buck :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
08-18-2007, 08:50 PM
We have the nice yellow Mickey ponchos for us that we got at WDW years ago but they are a little heavier. Every year when we go with the DGKs, I always go to the Dollar Store and get theirs for $1. They are very lightweight and you can use them to put over the stroller when parking it also. So I usually pick up several and they do have kids sizes. I think I found some at Walgreens in Orlando in June. They have a good selection of a lot of things you would need at the parks. We get the cheap ones and then just throw them away when we are through.