PDA

View Full Version : No Rest for the WDW-Bound

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm too excited to sleep! (that's becoming a board cliche, no?) But it's true. I leave in eleven days for my eleven day WDW vacation and haven't slept well for weeks. Crazy, no? Anyone else afflicted with this TETSS(Too Excited to Sleep Syndrome)?

BronxTigger
08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually, no....not yet. Ask me next week LOL.

kaliepooh
08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I leave in four days. :cloud9: I'm not too excited to sleep buy I have a queezy feeling in my stomach. I have butterflies in my stomach. I'm too embarrassed to tell my children and my husband will give me a weird look.:secret:

It's a great feeling though, these butterflies. Thank God I have intercot, who else would I share these feelings with? This place is a wonderful outlet because we need to be able to talk about how we are feeling. Or we may go nuts.

kakn7294
08-08-2007, 03:21 PM
This is unusual for me but I'm starting to feel a bit panic-stricken at the thought. I feel like I'm not going to be ready to catch that plane on Sat am - and I'm not behind on packing or anything. Maybe I'll be better now that I'm done with work for the week. I haven't been sleeping well but I don't know if it's related to the trip or not.

disneycouple2004
08-08-2007, 03:40 PM
We don't leave for another 135 days and i am stressing over the one thing i have not done yet...Airline tickets...so much going on right now...and DFW has the worst delays of any airport in the country...air fares are so up and down..should i buy now ...do i wait ? summer travel season is almost over..prices should come down right ??..geez what to do..??
:confused:

faline
08-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Have lots of fun, Sherri! Waiting out those last few days is always tough!

IloveDisney71
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't leave for my trip until December. In past trips I have only had trouble sleeping the night before we leave. One year my kids kept giggling and talking for hours and I kept yelling - "go to sleep" - but then we would all start laughing! :) Needless to say, I only slept for about 4 hours that night! I'm as bad OR probably worse than they are about being too excited to sleep!

crazeedizneefinatic
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Our family is the same way. We start losing sleep about a week out, lol! The night before forget it, which is fine with me. I hate to fly so I am usually to tired to really worry. I love all the excitement beforehand. I love the packing, last minute trip to Target, because we always forget something. I cannot wait we have 42 more days to go!:mickey:

mickey&missy
08-08-2007, 07:25 PM
LOL! Its so true!

In Oct I started having problems sleeping about a week before. The night before we left we went to bed really early because our flight left at 7:10 am, we left our house around 5. Of course I woke up at at around 2 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up, showered, ate and came here!

pdrlkr
08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

murphy1
08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
You all will have such a great time!! I think the GF will always remind me of you!:mickey: Thanks for your suggestion on San Angel. I am really excited to eat there, I think I did before, but I was 19 or 20 and probably had a few margaritas that day :blush:

Shari

vizsla
08-09-2007, 05:45 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

SBETigg
08-09-2007, 10:00 AM
You all will have such a great time!! I think the GF will always remind me of you!:mickey: Thanks for your suggestion on San Angel. I am really excited to eat there, I think I did before, but I was 19 or 20 and probably had a few margaritas that day :blush:

Shari

Going back is really going to feel like going home, and it will be hard to leave. Really glad you enjoyed San Angel! We'll be back there, too. The kids can't do without it. :marg::marg: (okay, they can't have the margaritas-- I'll do the honors there).

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone. I got about six hours sleep last night- that's an improvement. But I cheated and took a Tylenol PM.