PDA

View Full Version : Coronado or Carribean Beach Resort?

Alpha Jeanie
08-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Which resort do you like better, Coronado or Carribean Beach Resort and why.

I'm trying to compare the 2 resorts and I'm concerned about the distance that many building are from the "main" lobby, restaurants and bus stops. Please fill me in about how busses run at these resorts (is there just one main bus stop or several locations on each property?) and any other info about each resort.

Thanks for any info.
:mickey:

BIGDOG
08-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I would recommend the CBR over the CSR hands down. My family has stayed at the CBR 5 times now and have never had a problem. The food is good and priced right the easy to get to bus stops and all pools, plus the kids love the music playing every were and the pirate theme shops. The CSR we tried 1 time had problem from check in to check out, this is a convention center full of rowdy buisness men away from families for 1st time out of controll. It is a long walk to anywere at this resort. Plus non smoking room smelled horrible like smoke...I would rather pay to stay at the CBR THEN STAY AT CSR FOR FREE!!!!!!!

LauraF
08-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Isn't it great how we're all different? :mickey:

Exactly the opposite of the previous poster - I *like* the fact that CSR is a convention resort. That is a bonus for me. Those folks there will be on a different schedule from me, so I'll have a bit more peace and quiet. (That's if there's even a convention then.)

As far as mistakes happening - I've not heard that CSR is worse than other WDW hotel. I do a lot work with hotels in meeting-planning and before I booked the place I asked my contacts if they had any dirt on the place. Nothing they said worried me at all. (It was all normal hotel stuff that happens wherever you go.) I've never had a problem WDW couldn't correct for me within a reasonable time. That can't be said for a lot of other places . . .

Wrigley
08-08-2007, 04:20 PM
I would definately recomend CBR. I absolutely love this resort and I consider it my "home" resort since this is the one I have stayed at the most. When you make your reservations you can put in a request for certain buildings and I would recomend the Martinique group of buildings. Martinique is VERY close to the main pool and Old Port Royale which has the food court, arcade, and gift shop. Each section of buildings has it's own bus stop which is very convenient so you are not too far from a stop. You would have a great time at CBR!!!!:mickey:

garymacd
08-08-2007, 05:19 PM
If you are concerned about the walk to buses and main buildings, consider Port Orleans Resorts. They are both smaller than CBR and CSR, especially POFQ.

We have only stayed at CBR. The main thing I remember about it was the long walk from the car to the room...in the rain...in the dark...uphill...both ways...

Sorry got carried away.:thumbsup:

mjm12000
08-09-2007, 01:21 PM
I noticed in your post that you are visiting in May 2008. According to the rehab schedule the CBR has it's feature pool closed for refurb from January to June 2008, so if you plan on enjoying any down time at the hotels I would say to stay at the CSR as it has a beautiful pool that will be open.

Crow
08-09-2007, 01:39 PM
CSR over CBR although i like it too
ive stayed at both twice. and had a problem w both, nothing major but it had to do w the cards
(keys to the world)
both are spread out.
i like the possibly less families at CSR, the pool is nice. i did get put in the Rancho area both times and it is a walk from the main building but the bus stopped closeby which u can also hop to the main building.
the food court is much better.
CBR has nice beach too and a nice walk from Jamaica to the food court building, which has a bus stop behind it. but the food choices didnt impress me.
and CSR is newer.

sloslo
08-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I stayed in both and liked them a lot. It's been a few years but I remember the Coronado as being really really hard to walk to the bus stops and main building because it's so spraed out. I like the CBR better. Hope this helps.
sloslo

LauraF
08-09-2007, 02:03 PM
The main thing I remember about it was the long walk from the car to the room...in the rain...in the dark...uphill...both ways...
You forgot barefoot, starving, bug-bitten and sunburned. :D

maizey05
08-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I've stayed at both and much prefer CBR. Like another poster said, we also had problems at CSR, from check in to check out. The food court and it's prices are much better at CBR. We found the CM's to be friendly, The quiet pools were always quiet, and no one was ever there.