PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from WDW?

CaptainSad
08-08-2007, 01:04 PM
I will be going the week before Christmas (December 16th/23rd). Since I am going by myself on vacation this time around. I was wondering if WDW ships back to your home. I will be buying a ton of Christmas gifts for the family and don't want to bring more suit cases then I need.

Rich

DisneyAndRedSox
08-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I am not sure about on-property since we stay off-site. We have shipped from a FedEx/Kinkos not to far from the Downtown Disney/Crossroads area on rt 535. Cheaper than paying the fee to the airline if luggage goes over 50 pounds!

Yimmy
08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
I was wondering if WDW ships back to your home.

Rich, we've shipped items from several stores at the parks/downtown disney in our past visits. Most, if not all (unless it's changed), stores will take off sales tax for items shipped out of state.

At times, we were able to save $$$ by having shipped major purchases back home rather than paying sales tax and lugging them back in an extra carry-on.

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I do believe they will take off the sales tax, but now shipping is based on price paid per transaction, so the more money you spend, the more shipping will cost you, regardless of if its 30 plates or a framed authentic cell.

You can ship from any store in the World, including DTD. We do a lot of our shopping at the Christmas Store and we ship all of our ornaments we get and anything big or we won't need while there.

The best part about them shipping the items is that if you get it home and its broken, let them know and they'll send you out another one if its free. Not sure this holds true if you FedEx/ or UPS it home.

We ship things all the time. It makes life easier, even though you have to pay a little more.

Just beware that it will take a while to get there. If you buy most of your items your first day, you could get it home before Christmas, but you always here about how it takes longer to ship items and mail cards during the holiday season, so you may want to prepare for that.

wendy*darling
08-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Another option is to have the stores ship your items back to your resort, then you can combine them and ship them FedEx, UPS or DHL from the Concierge desk at your resort.

If you shop and have things sent back to your room- just remember that you can only do this until 2 days prior to checking out. If you are leaving the next day or same day, you will have to take you items with you.

In any event, I find this method more economical in most situations. This was I can pick up little things all over the place, but then pay only only shipping fees at the end. I have to pack the box myself- so the downside is that if anything is broken, I have no one to turn to.

So, if you are purchasing anything very fragile or large- let Disney ship it right from the store- they do a great job!