PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...Not sure what to do.

faberj
08-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi All,
I am not sure what to do. When I started planning this trip I was planning on doing the 2007 version of the dining plan and paying OOP for a few char. breakfasts. Now I am not sure what to do...

1. Do the basic dining plan and pay OOP for the char breakfasts and TIPS.

2. Do the deluxe plan (and do some sig. dining at the resorts) and budget for the tips on that plan
or

3. Pay OOP for everything

My only fear with #3 is that Disney is going to hike up the menu prices to almost force me into some kind of dining package.

When we honeymooned in WDW in 2002, we had the silver plan (2 wish per day thing) that could be used on all kinds of things, not just meals. I think it was $67.00 per person per day and I think we got out moneies worth as we did la nuba, fultons, Cindy's, hoopdedoo, poly dinner show and much more. Considering our trip next year is over 6 years later the deluxe dining plan doesn't look too bad except for having to do the tips seperate.

My only other issues with the plans are what happened to all of the DTD restaurants and all of the snack options??? I wanted to be able to snack my way around Epcot, but it looks like I will not be able to do that with these new plans. Please share on what you think we should do.

It will be DH and Myself (no kidos yet). Some days we do two sit downs but one of them is an early char. breakfast and the other would be a dinner.

Thanks!

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
First, keep in mind that a lot of restaurants will still be added. The same thing happened last year. Just because a restaurant isn't listed on the DP yet doesn't mean it won't still sign on. The list of participating restaurants will still have some changes before it is finalized for 2008.

Next, I would think about the places you want to dine, what you would order, and add it up separately vs what you would pay on the DP. If you're worried that you won't get value out of it, don't go DP when you book. You can still add it up until about two weeks before you leave. In some cases, it will still be a money saver. In a lot of cases, it may not. Best wishes making the decision.