PDA

View Full Version : Treo or MotoQ?

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Beginning next month, I am in the market for a new cell phone.

I am a Text Message and Picture junkie, if that tells you anything.

I really want a smart-type phone. I want one with a calendar feature that is easy to use and see. I need to know things, and carrying around a small calendar plus my phone doesn't work. I tend to leave my calendar someplace so I don't have it when I need it. This is a major feature that I want, including easy TEXT messaging. I don't need to do AIM or things on it, just texting my mom and friends is all I need at this time.

I'm with Sprint, so that can give you an idea. It would be a nice feature to be able to access the internet on my phone, but I don't do it now, so its not a major thing, but when I want to look up a movie time or pull up intercot while I'm in a Disney park... that would be great! So easy BASIC internet/email usage would be great.

I was looking at the Treo for a while, and have determined that it might be too much phone for me. I won't need to access documents for work (I'm a staff nurse!) nor will I need to download anything for meetings (as we don't really have any).

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

I'm now leaning toward the MotoQ....

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I purchased the MotoQ and I cannot be happier with it! Its an amazing phone. I don't even have the Internet on it, but I can do so much! I especially love the fact I can put pictures from my computer on it, and create my own ringtones!

If anyone has questions about it, please ask!

SgtTigger
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I have a Treo from my work.....

I am one of the last ones to have it still..... Everyone else upgraded there phone because of problems and just yesterday I started having problems with mine. So I did love it but now it looks like I might need to change mine too.

we had about 15 of them..........

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyDudet
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I have a Treo from my work.....

I am one of the last ones to have it still..... Everyone else upgraded there phone because of problems and just yesterday I started having problems with mine. So I did love it but now it looks like I might need to change mine too.

we had about 15 of them..........

:cop: :tigger:

I've heard a lot of people talk about that with the Treo. That wasn't one of the reasons I went with the MotoQ. The Treo was just too much phone for me. The MotoQ seemed quite basic for my first SmartPhone, so it was a better fit. I played with both at the store, and I was able to figure out the MotoQ easier than the Treo.

Let me know how the new versions go. In two years.. it will be time to replace this thing!

thrillme
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I had a treo for a little while. Where it did pretty much everything it was SLOW. It also had very very bad reception. I returned it.

A friend of mine also had a treo...he hated it reception issues too...but the silly thing just would not break. He dropped it, tossed it and used it as a hammer but it wouldn't break...his time finally came due for his upgrade and I don't know what happened after that I think he took it apart to see how it worked.

2Epcot
09-20-2007, 09:01 PM
A friend of mine also had a treo...he hated it reception issues too...but the silly thing just would not break. He dropped it, tossed it and used it as a hammer but it wouldn't break...

I've had my Treo for about a year and a half and I love it ... and yes, mine will not break either. The phone is pretty scratched up because I've dropped it so many times, but it has been very dependable, and I get great reception.

I also have Sprint for cell service. When I was buying a smart phone, I was originally planning to get a Blackberry, but I didn't want to pay for the extra service fee. The Sprint guy talked me into the Treo and I have not regretted the purchase.

I also use my calander for everything, and the Treo is great. I love being able to color code things on the calendar, depending on what it is ... family, work, personal, doctor. I do a fair about of texting, and also it's a great device for viewing pictures.

As with other smart phones you can backup your calendar and phone contacts on your computer. Everything that is on the phone is on the computer and vise versa. You just hook them together and sync them when you've made changes in one place or the other.

The internet is useful for what I need it for. I look up movies, use the google map program to see addresses, or current traffic problems. My favorite use is checking in on Southwest airlines, no matter where I am. Getting and sending email is very quick, and very simple. I will probably stay with Treo when I upgrade, though I love the iPhone, I'm not ready to leave Sprint anytime soon, at least not for AT&T.