PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club in 19 Days!!

jakeybake
08-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Hi Intercot Friends!!

I will be leaving in 19 days for our 6 day stay at the Beach Club. We have never stayed here before so please tell me what your thoughts are on it, good or bad. We chose BC because it will be smoking hot down there and we have been told that SOB is the best pool in WDW and the close proximity to Epcot and MGM will be wonderful given the expected heat and crowds. Oh yeah, and the free dining doesn't hurt either!!

To be honest, we really haven't had the chance to get too excited about our upcoming trip. We are thrilled to be going but we have been involved in a rather messy home purchase process from my wife's aunt. It has been painful to say the least, though it looks like it should be smooth from here on out.

Unfortunately our stress level has been through the roof for the last 6 weeks causing us to not enjoy our summer and upcoming trip as much as we should. We are closing on the house 5 days after we come home from WDW so I am afraid that I may be pre-occupied when down there.

Please help get my pumped up for the trip and get that feeling back!!!

Thanks as always!
Jay

Ms.Disney
08-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh, leave the "real world" stuff at home.......YOUR GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!
Your staying at a beautiful resort enjoy yourself and relax! Have a great trip :mickey:

cinderellagrl
08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Wonderful resort! We stayed there in July.... Loved the walk to Epcot, loved the pool, loved the boardwalk being so close! Many of the boardwalk restaurants were easy to get into, and good! The boardwalks grounds were wonderful! We enjoyed the pool, and even the almost abandoned beach (everyone is at the pool). Make sure you stop at beaches and cream for me!

TammiMcMan
08-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Not sure what room type or view you have booked, but if you haven't done so already, you may want to have a full balcony request on your reservation (if that's important to you). They're not in abundance at the BC. Also, if you have a standard view booked, I'd suggest that you try and avoid the front of the hotel if at all possible. It's not exactly the best view.

When we stayed at the YC, I honestly did miss seeing the castle every day, but you can't beat the proximity to Epcot and MGM. We found ourselves walking through the Int'l Gateway just to grab a bite to eat or a pastry from France and then heading back to the resort. That was great.

I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't really like SAB. I think it's great for adults, teens or very small children. It's tough if you have a child in between though, that you need to keep a close eye on. When my daughter wanted to swim there, I don't think I sat down once. She loved the slide, but the entrance is on the other side of the public walkway, so I had to go back and forth with her. The pool itself is pretty big and the pathways aren't really easy to get around the pool. We'll hold off on going back til she's a bit older.

disneymother
08-08-2007, 04:32 PM
The Beach Club is sooo much fun! It's just a short walk to the World Showcase entrance to Epcot, you can take a boat or a long walk to MGM, and there is so much to do just at the resort! Make sure to take the time to go to the pool (it's really a mini water park), and walk around the grounds and hotel. We had a nice relaxing evening just sitting on the beach watching the world go by. Plus there's always the Boardwalk for a pizza to go, or lots of other dining and entertainment options. Obviously we really enjoyed our time there, and we never had any problem with busses to the MK or AK. Have fun, I'm jealous of you!!

Florida Dreamer
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
We absolutely loved our stay at Beach Club. Our two favorite features are the unbelievable pool area and the walking proximity to Epcot and Boardwalk. There are so many things to do within walking distance and we loved the relaxed feeling of this very large resort.

thejens
08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
We loved Beach Club. One part of our family had a front view with the tiny balcony, but still loved it. We had a courtyard view and thought it was nice too. I loved the cheery yet relaxing decor, friendly staff and yummy Cape May restaurant (we had dinner and breakfast there.) We loved the pool (yes it is big if you have to run after little ones!) We loved loved loved being so close to Epcot. And to MGM and to Boardwalk. It is wonderful. I once headed to WDW with a lot on my mind and I easily forgot it until we were back home! Hope you have a wonderful time.

RALPH
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
You will love it! We do!

moe513
08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
We love the location.My family wont try anything else.We will be at the yc while your at the bc. We prefer the bc over the yc but there very similiar. I HOPE YOU MADE SOME ADR I KNOW YOU SAID YOU'VE BEEN BUSY. IF NOT MAKE THEM ASAP. My kids love the pool but I prefer to nap while dh takes them out to the pool. Weve been twice in Aug. and the heat isnt so bad. Get an early start each day and take a break in the afternoon.