5-China
6-Japan
7-USA/Canada
8-France
9-United Kingdom
10-Italy

RAIDER
08-08-2007, 04:38 AM
Ive tended to get most of my souvenirs from from USA /CANADA and i love mulling around Japan and China :thumbsup::mickey:

BritCody
08-08-2007, 06:36 AM
My family is mainly of English Herritage. So my children tend to want buy more items there

LibertyTreeGal
08-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Norway, I want a school bread and one of those sweaters!!!!

snifflesmcg
08-08-2007, 08:04 AM
I voted for Mexico. I love that whole shopping area that sadly, will be gone soon. I do like UK and Japan as well.

offero
08-08-2007, 08:30 AM
In all my trips. France and Italy have some of the best shopping, but Mexico has/or will have had the best atmosphere hands down.

BronxTigger
08-08-2007, 08:36 AM
I voted for Mexico. I love that whole shopping area that sadly, will be gone soon. I do like UK and Japan as well.

Wait...what? How did I miss this? What are they doing??

DDuck66
08-08-2007, 09:15 AM
We love to browse in Japan. Everything form the sci fi animae section to the clothes. I especially love the china and teapot sections.

Polynesian Dweller
08-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Voted for Japan because we like the somewhat unusual things that they have there. But could also have voted for the UK because of our heritage and they have some products that can be a bit hard to find.

What was that about the Mexico shops not being around? Think I missed that one too!

Crow
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Japan
i go thru here every walk thru Epcot, the Cms are great as is the sake bar.
next would b China
then i would say Mexico for the atmosphere

JCDarzi
08-08-2007, 11:20 PM
I chose Japan. I love all the Hello Kitty stuff.

DNS
08-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I went with Japan. I love all the beautiful things they have.

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
I said Japan because I went there in High School and that is my favorite place to go. But I end up spending more money in Norway because of my family background but its all for the relatives for Christmas.

MinnieMommie
08-16-2007, 12:30 AM
I guess if I have to pick just one I will pick Japan. I've gotten some nice things there and love to just window shop. Nice variety of items to browse through. :mickey:

BrerStitch
08-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Alright, this was another tough poll for today. The DH and I love Japan, we usually try to bring back some type of dinnerware. However, my favorite I think is Germany! Not only do they have great wines available, I love the Christmas store there. There are so many lovely handmade ornaments. We try and get one every year.:mickey:

chrisb26
08-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I think I missed something also with the Mexico shops closing haven't heard that.

I voted for Mexico I like to go in there and watch the glass maker. I also really like those wooden animals that they make as you enter but then sadly when I look and see a tiny little frog costs $80 and I almost :faint: I just sadly walk away:sad:knowing I cant afford to pay that :(

So I just have to make sure to always go and look at them when I go :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I chose Japan because I lived in Okinawa for 4 years when I was a kid. It makes me feel like I am back there.

jwallace378
08-20-2007, 03:07 PM
We do our shopping in the UK. Swords, plaids, teas, chocolates...etc...

teambricker04
08-22-2007, 03:09 PM
I could shop almost every where. I like the International Gateway Shop and Norway, but my favorite is Japan. My husband HATES it and told me on our next visit that I can go in by myself and buy what I want as long as he and the boys don't have to go in! Japan here I come!

aprilisis
08-23-2007, 10:39 AM
I can't pick just one place- I love them all!

I am freaking out about what snifflesmcg said about the Mexico shops being taken out- Does anyone know anything about this?

dog-ears
08-23-2007, 02:08 PM

I am freaking out about what snifflesmcg said about the Mexico shops being taken out- Does anyone know anything about this?

From the sticky thread in Dining, named What's New, What's Next:

In Mexico, a 50- to 60-seat tequila bar replaces a retail shop in the pavilion's spacious indoor courtyard in summer 2007. And the pavilion's waterfront Cantina de San Angel is expanding with more seating with optimal views of World Showcase, and will offer a new menu by summer 2008.

:marg: ole! Personally I would prefer to keep the shopping.

Gator
08-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Even though you're forced to go into the shop after Maelstrom, I always like all the cool clothes, trinkets, and fragrances in Norway.

aprilisis
08-24-2007, 12:18 PM
:marg: ole! Personally I would prefer to keep the shopping.

Me, too!!! :(

prttynpnk
08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Japan,man!!
I have to stock up on the latest Kittychan stuff and buy new tiny purses and ooh and ahh over the kimonos.
For food related shopping, I like Germany for all the chocolate!

The Flying Dutchman
08-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Germany is the way to go. With all the beer steins (and who doesn't love a good :beer:?), the cuckoo clocks, and the christmas ornaments, it is a must hit for shopping every trip!
:pirate:

julyjewel
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I love UK and Germany is a close second. i got myself a wooden ornament from germany and we got our family crest done at Pringles in the UK with our wedding date on it.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I love shopping in Germany. I might be a little bias being of German descent and all. They have great wines and other food items. Also, they have really cool beer steins. Japan is great if you are looking for asian dining items. I've bought some plates for sushi there. Also, if you are looking for a great gift for someone who is into their family heritage go to the United Kingdom. I bought my father our family crest and name history and had it framed for Christmas last year. He loved it.

GrmGrninGost
08-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I picked Japan. They have a wonderful selection and everything is so colorful and interesting! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I voted Japan, but I love the goodies and ornaments in Germany too.

As for Mexico, part of the shopping area is being turned into a tequila bar, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Two weeks ago, everything was still the same.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I heard that too about Mexico. I wonder where they will be putting it. Maybe it will be like the wine sections in Germany, France and Italy. Maybe they'll have bottles of tequila for sale.

I never buy anything in Mexico. My father travels to S.A. for business and can get it at a 10th of the cost. I just let him pick me up those kinda things if I want them. So them changing it might be really cool.

Spaceship Tigger
08-29-2007, 07:44 AM
I love the shops in Germany, especially the steins and cuckoo clocks as well as the wine shop. My next favorites are probably Japan, China, and Mexico. Removing the retail at Mexico for a tequila bar doesn't sound like the best idea, but who knows...

disney crazy family
09-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I went with japan because I love the selection of cool stuff! I could spend forever in there if not for my husband and child dragging me out of there before I purchase my bonsi tree! :blush:

Followthatmouse
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
The Epcot shops are so much fun. If this was purely a question of browsing I couldn't split my favorites. However, I voted for the country in which I made the most - and best - purchases . That would be Japan. My DM is quite a Japonaphile. I was able to find hard-to-find books and even baby katana for her.

Hmm. While I am writing, I am remembering great shops in other countries. Der Teddybar in Germany, the candies in Italy, the perfumes in France and the toys in the UK. Oh, gosh. This is a difficult poll topic. ;)

snifflesmcg
09-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Wait...what? How did I miss this? What are they doing??

I had read somewhere (I think it was on here with rumors and news) that they are taking out the shopping area to make way for a margarita bar. I really hope this is just a rumor as I love the shopping area. I'll do some research and see if I can find it.

snifflesmcg
09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh, I should have read the posts above me. dog-ears already posted about the new tequila bar coming.

RocknRoller94
09-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't shop much, but the shops at UK are neat because they look like pubs and stores in London or somewhere else. The Phones are net,too.

Samtastic
09-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I voted for Japan, but I have to say, some of the plates and dinnerware I saw there, I've seen at Marshalls and Homegoods.

I can't wait to shop the world this time around--9 days in WDW so we can definately devote some time to shopping.