PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE tell me we will be ok?

lovenmickey
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I need your help...DH and I are having troubling paying for our upcoming trip Dec 1-9th - and I will do everything we need to do to not have to cancel it so here is our problem
in order to save some money we need to downgrade from POFQ to either an All Star or Pop - problem - its Pop Warner week - we wont spend much time at the resort - so will we be OK? or will we regret our decision?? Please help me feel like this is ok to do?? Thanks!

TammiMcMan
08-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Most likely, the groups will be at the AllStars, so you may want to go with Pop as your first choice. In terms of crowds, it probably won't be much different than what you would have experienced at POFQ, because that is also a package option available for the Pop Warner teams. If you aren't spending much time at the resort, I don't think it will be a big issue.

You probably don't want to wait too long to make your decision though. It could be tough getting a room, especially if they have them blocked ahead of time for the groups.

luvkatiebug
08-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Don't worry! You'll be at Disneyworld, and everythings great there! :mickey:

We have stayed at Pop and ASMovies, and love both. I don't know if you have kids or not, but mine prefer the Values over others! Hope everything works out great, and enjoy!:)

wilcat
08-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I would down grade to the Values. We stayed at AllStar Movies in April and there were dance and gymnastics groups there all week. We never had a problem with any of the kids. The pools, food court and transportation never seemed overcrowded. They were not loud and actually very polite.The only problem we had was when we went to check out and there was a group of band kids checking out. With only 1 CM printing the boarding passes it took forever. So go down early just in case or take your luggage to the bus and check in at the airport.

garymacd
08-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Don't worry! You'll be at Disneyworld, and everythings great there! :mickey:

I agree completely! How can anything be bad at the real world?

mulderxcoltrane
08-07-2007, 09:27 PM
This might help:
Historically - the pop warner kids don't really affect crowd levels at the parks during the day - b/c they're in competitions/practices. The places you'll see them make the biggest difference:
1) the resorts at night (normally all-stars)
2) the parks @ night
3) buses to downtown disney in the evening

thejens
08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
We stayed at All Star Movies for one night on our last trip and really enjoyed it. The only other resorts I've stayed at were deluxe so I was also worried. The grounds were beautiful, the pool very nice, room very cute and clean. We had our first towel animals. The staff were very nice. We liked the gift shop and found the snack area to be varied and fine. It was not as elegant as the Beach Club or as exotic as Animal Kingdom, but the theming was great. My kids absolutely loved it. We also always enjoy dining at the different resorts and exploring while we are there so I do feel like I got a taste of the Poly, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom even though we slept at ASM. I think you'll be happy.

crazypoohbear
08-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I would suggest you ask at check in to put you far away from the pools and food court. This is where teens congregate. Other than that you should be just fine.
Good Luck with the trip, I hope everything works out for you.

WonderlandsMostWanted
08-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I've been at an All Star during Pop Warner week. It wasn't bad at all. The food court was kind of nuts, but that was the worst we ran into. Reading everyone's horror stories here and on other boards, are started getting a little freaked about my trip but hey, like others have said, you're going to be at Disney World! Try not to psych yourself out, it's highly unlikely it will be as bad as you're worried it might. Be prepared to wait longer in a busier food court, be prepared to ride the bus with a lot of people, and roll with it.

And remember, if it weren't the cheerleaders, it'd just be other guests filling the same rooms, the same seats on the buses and the same tables in the food courts. These ones are just a bit more... expressive... about how thrilled they are to be there! :)

I will second trying to get into Pop Century instead of the All Stars though, as the Pop Warner kids are offered a choice of All Stars or POR (per last years sign up Pop Warner reservation form)

Marker
08-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I say, don't look for a problem where there doesn't have to be. If you anticipate it being a problems, and expect it to be a problem, it no doubt will be regardless of how it plays out.

Attitude is everything. Expect to have a great time, because in reality, you probably will.

Even if there are some rambunctious kids around, that still doesn't mean it has to be a bad thing. They're kids having fun, that's all, and that's what WDW is all about.

AllDisney
08-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Stay at the Pop Century. You won't regret it. All Star Sports is usually where the Pop Warner groups stay. You may want to stay away from there.

We were there last year when Pop Warner was there. Didn't even notice them except when an adult had taken a small group of kids ( 5 or 6)to the parks. They were all well behaved.

Go for it:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
08-07-2007, 11:54 PM
I have stayed at ASM twice and Pop once. I enjoyed both resorts. It is Disney, so everything is clean and the Disney themes are wonderful. You won't be spending much time in your rooms so I don't think you'll mind a value resort. I didn't find them much different than when I stayed at CBR.

jszczur5
08-08-2007, 01:50 AM
We stayed at POP last year and had a great stay. The rooms are, indeed, a little small, as I am sure you have read elsewhere - but adequate. The food court is well laid out and user friendly.
This year when I booked, we were originally planning to stay at POR, but I changed my mind and re-booked POP. I just wasn't sure what to expect at Riverside, whereas 10 days last summer at POP made me feel like a pro. The money we saved by not upgrading to POR, was spent on an off-site hotel for 4 days and passes to Universal (sacrilege, I know, but Universal is a totally different trip. Universal is a day trip theme park, Disney is an all immersive experience).
As someone else said, book soon so that you are not disappointed. The All Stars are nice I hear, but are no longer offering Mickey soaps and shampoos daily, which are great to take home as souvenirs or freebie gifts to kids.

SurferStitch
08-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Pop is a great resort! DH and I have stayed there twice, and had great experiences both times.

Our last visit was 12/7-12/18 last year, and the crowds were great. We saw a few Pop Warner stragglers around the parks, but by that time most were probably gone.

The room was PLENTY big enough for us. We never once felt cramped, and are actually quite pleased with the size. It felt no smaller than our room at POR when we stayed there.

Try to book Pop (it's popular, so don't wait too long), and enjoy yourselves. It really is a great resort!

jakeybake
08-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Nothing wrong with staying at the values. All that matters is that your in WDW. You know that the good times flow regardless of how busy the resorts and parks are.

Just walking around the parks, noticing small detalis from past trips and reminiscing about trips we have taken before is all I need to make it all worth while.

All it takes is one memory brought back from my honeymoon trip in '91 or the first time my children saw the castle or rode Dumbo. Everything else is gravy.

Jay

lovenmickey
08-08-2007, 09:41 AM
You guys are the best -thanks for making me feel better :)

traceyo1
08-08-2007, 09:41 AM
One thing that might help with the financing is a Disney Visa from Chase. Not sure if you have any other rewards cards that are better but the Disney Visa gives you 1% back on a rewards card that you can use to help pay for your room. We use it like a debit card, groceries, fuel, everything and as I make the purchase I transfer money over from my checking account so that I never carry a balance. If you pay for your trip with the card, you not only get the 1% back but 6 months of 0% finance for the trip pruchase. They also have special offers where they start you off with 25 reward dollars and the month of July was double points on some purchases. We already have over $300 saved for our December trip. Doesn't answer your hotel question but hopefully it will help with the budget part of it.

BugeyedMuggy
08-08-2007, 09:49 AM
My feeling is the only upgrade you get in a moderate resort is alittle less noise. But you do alot more walking (or waiting for an internal bus). We stayed at CBR and would never pay for a moderate resort again. If your not going to be at the resort much the values are the best. Otherwise save for a deluxe.

disneydrmr
08-08-2007, 09:52 AM
We stayed at All Star Movies last year during Pop Warner week and did not have a single issue with the cheerleaders..we hardly noticed them in the parks until the end of the week, and even then it was not too bad. I would not hesitate to go during this time again... All Star Movies was a fun resort.. and like you said, you really don't spend much time in the room anyway... so do the downgrade, save the money... and HAVE FUN! Dh and I will probably go to Disney next year for our 15 year anniversary and will most likely be staying in the Movies again...

grumpypima
08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Give-me-a V, give-me-an A, give-me-a L, give-me-a U, give-me-an E!!!

VALUE, VALUE, VALUE :number1:

emmingo
08-09-2007, 08:50 PM
3) buses to downtown disney in the evening

We were staying at ASMu during the dance team competition and this :ditto: was the only problem. The buses TO DTD were very crowded :crowd: and noisy and if you aren't a fan of cheerleaders...kind of annoying...but they do add something. Its just that the bus rides are 20-25 minutes long from the All Stars. The bus rides back, however, are never crowded. Other than that, the Values are really nice...I didn't find that they were any less comfortable than the Moderates (and I was worried!) and I actually kind of like the decor better...more fun. :D And you'll be in WDW...so what could really be bad about that?!? :joy:

I would probably recommend the Pop Century, though, during Pop Warner, since its far less likely they'll be staying there.

tinkergirl
08-09-2007, 10:41 PM
we will be at the world from nov 29th to dec 11th and we are staying at pop. we love it becasue we can go for a longer period of time.

pugslave
08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
My husband and I also had a money crunch issue in the past, and to make some extra $$ we had a garage sale. We sold a bunch of stuff that we didn't really use much (kids toys/clothes, dinnerware,etc.) and ended up getting $700!!!! It was like having "found money" and that certainly helped us out! Also, we have been there for Pop Warner (although we stayed at BW) and really didn't notice a big difference in crowd (we are actually going to be there from Dec. 1-8th this year!!) and honestly, seeing some groups of cheerleaders cheering their way through WDW made us laugh, and made us appreciate being there that much more! Again, it's all in the ATTITUDE!! Have fun!

thrillme
08-10-2007, 12:07 PM
pugslave...you're right on there a friend of mine did that got rid of an old playhouse and old camper shell etc and a bunch of old car parts and stuff...Got PLENTY to go to Disney on.

Honestly I always stay at the Values/Pop. I really don't spend any time at the hotel except to shower and sleep. I don't go to Disney for the hotel. I prefer to stay on property because the shuttles to the hotel are more regular and they go downtown. I also really love staying LATE at the parks because I'm more of a night person (I despise mornings). I only wish they'd stay open much MUCH later for us "owls".

Regardless of what time you go there's always going to be a "group" there at the same time. The Values/Pop are a bit busier bus-wise but it's workable.

I really never justify spending more $$ at the hotel than I have too unless it's going to majorly "benefit" me in some way while I'm at the parks. ENJOY. All will be well. (By the way have a meatball sub at the food court....I love those...and if you're at the POP...don't forget the Tie Dye cheesecake)

WDW1985
08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Don't forget to check out mousesavers if you haven't already done so, for many tips to save at WDW. It's a great site! :thumbsup:

Good Luck!

:mickey:

moe513
08-10-2007, 09:05 PM
You will be in Disney so it will be great. Your going in Knowing that there will be pop warner going on so you will be prepared.

sloslo
08-11-2007, 09:31 AM
D[I]ont worry. We stayed at the AS resorts and liked them both a lot. Great food court!

LoriMistress
08-12-2007, 03:24 AM
I'd resort to going to Pop. Do not go to the AS resorts since they'll be packed with Pop Warner kids. Go with POP.