PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's for Breakfast or Lunch??

DisneyMomx2
08-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Which would you do? Chef Mickey's breakfast has always been a MUST do for us since I was little. This next trip, DH mentioned trying it for dinner. I am a little nervous to break the tradition.

Which do you prefer?

CleveSJM
08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Lunch or dinner. Actually, a late lunch or early dinner. A light breakfast, CM, and a late snack can totally provide enough fuel for the day. Saves time and money.

On the DDP, probably breakfast. I know it's not the most cost effective but it's a great start to the day and makes a CS and snack perfect for the rest of the day.

Best thing about CM is that you can't go wrong.

:thumbsup:

Laura670
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I would definetly say Breakfast. We did Dinner there in January My DH and DD7 didn't like dinner but they love breakfast there. Hope that helps

Figment!
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Unless your next trip is between 8/28/07 and 9/8/07, Chef Mickey's will not be open for Lunch.

They are only opening for Lunch for a limited time to help with the influx of those looking for Table Service options during the "Free Dining" promotion.

jsw123
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
We did Chef Mickey's for dinner and were very disappointed. The characters started coming almost immediately as we sat down. The buffet line was at least 15 minutes long. We were a big party (14). The parents that got in line for any part of the buffet missed seeing two characters interact with their children. Me, I waited until my DD had met them all, and felt like we were rushed out at the end. Our reservations were for 5:20. I thought this was pretty early, but, apparently not. We had gone to other character meals, and I thought this was ridiculous. You should be able to get your food AND interact with the characters. That's what you're paying for! I've heard other great things about Chef Mickey's, but for us, it was not great. Our breakfast at Ohana's was the best!:)

KCMom
08-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I've never had breakfast there, but we really did not care for Chef Mickey's dinner. It is the only restaurant at Disney World that my DH absolutely refuses to spend money on again. There weren't very many selections and what was there seemed bland and kinda cold. We love Crystal Palace for dinner and there is simply no comparison between the two. Happy Eating!

Miss Tink
08-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I've done breakfast and dinner at CM. The food at both was fantasic. I especially like going to CM with kids for dinner the day I arrive. That was they can get to see characters right away. It always gets the trip off to an exciting start. Either way you can't go wrong. Last time was able to have Minne Mouse present my 3 year old neice with a set of Minnie ears we'd purchased for her. It was definitely the highlight of her trip.

bkfree
08-08-2007, 12:31 AM
We always do brunch here around 10am. It is past the morning crowd, fresh food and it keeps us full until dinner time. Because we are behind the crowd, our kids have lots of time with each character. We usually do this on a day we are planning to stay late at the parks, thus getting a later start to the day.

DisneyMomx2
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the input. I did actually mean dinner but I guess it was around lunchtime when I posted and, well, guess where my mind was. lol

Something tells me I'll keep to what I know but maybe try Crystal Palace for dinner!!

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 10:36 AM
We've done Chef Mickey's for dinner & breakfast and have to say that we prefer dinner.

snifflesmcg
08-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Unless your next trip is between 8/28/07 and 9/8/07, Chef Mickey's will not be open for Lunch.

They are only opening for Lunch for a limited time to help with the influx of those looking for Table Service options during the "Free Dining" promotion.

They extended lunch as I have an ADR for lunch on Sept 13.

pooh0601
08-08-2007, 11:24 PM
We've done the breakfast MANY times, and it was much better than the dinner in our opinion. The breakfast has so many CHOICES...the only thing it doesn't have is made to order omelette's, which is why we like to go to 1900 Park Fare sometimes. But the characters are one of the best groups for breakfast and it has so many more food choices than Ohana's.