PDA

View Full Version : No Magical Express Luggage Tags

kaliepooh
08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi everyone! I need your help again. Can you please offer any advice, opinions or past experiences on this topic.

We are five days away from our magical vacation. I've been planning from April 2007 for our eleven day journey. I contacted Disney yesterday because I still did not receive my magical express luggage tags. I guess there was some snafu.:mad:

Any how, I was told that I had two options. 1. Pick up the luggage at baggage claim and bring them to the counter or 2. Present the cast member at the counter with my airline luggage tags.

I'm not sure which option I would like to take. I'm travelling with my husband, and two children ds 10 and dd 4. I want to make sure that my luggage arrives in one piece.

I have used magical express in the past but I always had luggage tags. Can you guys please help me make a decision?

scootch713
08-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Mine did not arrive last year and i complained and they fedex'd them to me..... otherwise.. i think i would feel comfortable giving the tags to the disney associate once you get to orlando and let them get them.

kaliepooh
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Mine did not arrive last year and i complained and they fedex'd them to me..... otherwise.. i think i would feel comfortable giving the tags to the disney associate once you get to orlando and let them get them.

Thanks for the tip. I requested that they fedex the tags but they said they couldn't. They explained that it takes at least three days for printing. They said there was no way that they would be able to print the coupon books and luggage tags and then fedex the package out in time.:(

LauraF
08-07-2007, 01:51 PM
1. If you choose this one, you have to wait to pick up your bags, but you have them as soon as you arrive at your hotel. Don't forget tipping the bus driver, bellhop, etc.

2. This choice avoids baggage claim and gets you to your hotel and depending on your arrival time, right into a park. Disney would then pick up your bags for you from the airline's stash of unclaimed stuff.

I think it really depends on your arrival time and what you plan to do when you get there. If you have most of the day to go play and won't return to your hotel until later , #2 is a great choice. But if you plan to hang at the hotel or otherwise need stuff from your luggage quickly, #1 would be better.

Strmchsr
08-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Up to this point DME has been very reliable, so I think I'd trust them with option 2. It might take a little longer for your bags to get to you, but waiting for baggage at MCO can be a real pain.

BigRedDad
08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Because waiting is the last thing you want to do when you get to MCO, I recommend option 2.

Here are some things you can do. Mark your bags with some sort of bright ribbons on the handles. Take a picture of the bags that will go in the cargo hold before you leave. When you get to the DME desk, give them the picture and make sure they see the ribbons used. This way they know the number of bags, what they look like, how they should be marked.

cajunprincess
08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I have used magical express with no luggage tags. I did not claim my luggage, just gave the magical express cast members my baggage claim tickets, and my luggage showd up in my room a few hous later. I would say if you are arriving early enough, this would be the best option for you.

kaliepooh
08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I think you guys have convinced me to choose option 2, give my airline luggage tags to magical express.

I have used magical express with no luggage tags. I did not claim my luggage, just gave the magical express cast members my baggage claim tickets, and my luggage showd up in my room a few hous later. I would say if you are arriving early enough, this would be the best option for you.

We arrive at MCO at 2:00 p.m. Would you say this is early enough? I know it takes magical express three hours at least to deliver the bags to the room. The CM at magical express assured me that this time limit will stand although I will not be using their luggage tags.

Thank you guys for all the advice and opinions that you have contributed so far. I really appreciate the level of camaraderie on this site.

mook3y
08-07-2007, 03:43 PM
2 years ago, we did not have DME express tags.

I simply went to the DME counter, gave them the luggage tags. They had pictures of many types of suitcases and asked me to point out what they looked like in general.

Took about 5 minutes.

Went and hopped on bus. Luggage was in the room by the time we went into the room that evening.

Donalds Duckie
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I may not have my DME luggage tags before I travel either and I've been planning to go with Option 2 because waiting for my bags at baggage claim, hauling them from Terminal A to Terminal B and DME just doesn't appeal to me.

If my tags don't arrive I'll bring a picture of my luggage to give to DME along with my baggage claim ticket number and it's off to The Contemporary I'll go.

I think you will be safe with Option 2 unless you are arriving very late at night and if that's the case you'd want to pick up your bags regardless.

Have a great trip!:mickey: