PDA

View Full Version : Best Building to request at POFQ

jsloan409
08-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Hello all!

I was wondering if I could get some advice on which building to request for our stay at POFQ in September?

Thanks!

pogo
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
They are all good. It depends on your situation.

We stayed in Bld. 7 and enjoyed peace and quiet. It was a 4 or 5 minute walk to the pool, food court and bus stop.

We walked to POR for dinner at Boatwirghts and it was only a 10 minute walk to there from Bld. 7

If you are traveling with kids, Bld. 3 or 5 is great.

We loved the resort....... have fun and enjoy whatever building you get. :D

Strmchsr
08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
POFQ is so small it really does not matter. There isn't a "bad" building in the lot. Just choose whether or not you want to pay for a water view.

AuntDJ
08-07-2007, 04:13 PM
This is where we have stayed the last three trips. I have stayed in bld 7 and 4. Bld 4 because that is the building I choose to request.

Bldg 4 is close to the pool; bus stop and food court.

Like said by other posters, POFQ is really a small resort and even when I was in bld 7 I was not that far from everything. It felt further on the last day while I was carting luggage to be checked....but then again, I had been at Disney for 7 days and more than a little tired!

Have fun!
DJ

E-OR
08-07-2007, 04:29 PM
We have stayed in building 5, courtyard view twice and really like the location. Close to food court, pool, laundry, boat dock, lovely view, and right by the path to POR. We will be there again in September and plan to ask for the same building.

GreenBeetle
08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
There are no bad locations at POFQ. It's so quaint, you won't have a long walk to anything. We enjoyed Building 5 - facing the pool. Just a hop, skip and a jump to food, laundry, gift shop and bus stop. :mickey:

garymacd
08-07-2007, 09:02 PM
POFQ is so small it really does not matter. There isn't a "bad" building in the lot. Just choose whether or not you want to pay for a water view.

Absolutely! We have stayed in just about all the buildings and they are all great. They are all close to the pool and to the main building for food and buses.

If it is just the two of you, consider paying for a room with a King sized bed!:blush:

If you have any mobility problems, ask for building 4 or 5. I think they are about as close as you can get to the main building. building 4 gives you an awesome shortcut to the buses. It by-passes the main building through the parking area.

Have fun there. We always do.

Oh. I almost forgot! Don't forget the beignets!:cloud9:

yasmina
08-08-2007, 08:58 AM
We requested a water-view, ground floor room close to a DSA. We got a room in Bldg 2, ground floor, literally right across the sidewalk from the boarding area to the boat dock, which was a DSA. It was no more than a 2 min. walk to the main bldg and pool. We loved it!

I did wonder about the wisdom of putting a DSA right at the entrance to the boat dock, but it sure was convenient for us, as we always follow the rules and never smoked in our room.

moe513
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
We were in 5,a garden room. Very close to eveything but like everyone is saying all the buildings are good because the resort is small.

luv_cinderella
08-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Loved building 7 because we felt like we were in the middle of two resorts... having POR so close too. One of our favorite things to do was walk over to POR in the evening for a drink and/or snack. The stroll along the river, in the evening with the lamps lit, was beautiful! :cloud9:

I don't think you can go wrong with any location at POFQ, though! :thumbsup:

SimbaandNalasMama
08-16-2007, 02:10 PM
building 4 is for us. Our room was on the corner and we could see the bus stop from our room, look directly down into the food court and could see the hot tub and pool area. we liked it for its proximity to those things. we love POFQ. :cloud9:

lynnrapata
08-18-2007, 04:21 PM
We stayed in 5 and it was right across the street from the pool and across the way from the food court......I would definitely stay in 5 again.....

Lynn