PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Trip to DL before the big one to WDW Day 1

meldan98
08-07-2007, 12:23 PM
We had originally planned to go to DL in Sept. to catch Nemo and test my close to being 40 inch tall DD on some different rides prior to our big trip to WDW in Dec. However, news of the gallery closing move up our trip. My DH and I love going to visit the gallery each trip and usually buy a few things, or at least dream about buying some of the big ticket items there.

I had some Hilton points and we could stay for free, so, we figured, we might as well use them now, before the get sold, and then who knows what would happen to the points. We stayed at the Hampton Inn which was nice and clean and very quiet. I think mostly business travelers were there. I didn't see many families there. My only complaint was the fact that they didn't have trays to take the food from the breakfast room back up to the room.

Upon arrival, we drove to DTD to have dinner. My husband has been on a pizza kick ever since returning from NYC. He has been trying to find a pizza similar to one he had there. So, we gave Napolina a try. It had a Margarita Pizza on the menu and that sold my DH. That's the pizza he's been looking for. Word of warning though...they have personal and then a medium pizza...and the medium is HUGE. The crust is really thin though, so that made it much easier to eat. My DD had mac n cheese and she liked it also. We then headed over to the Jazz Kitchen counter service to have Binets (sp?). I had them when I went to Baton Rouge last year, and I really wanted my DH to give them a try. I was really disappointed. They were very doughy and not much like the one's I've had before.

We also hit a few of the shops to look around and I really loved Basin. I will be shopping there when we go to WDW to get my DD one of the Mickey bath bombs. We then walked back to our car and caught the fireworks as we were leaving. By the way, did you know that they offer free parking for 3 hours, plus an additional 2 hours free with validation from one of the stores when you purchase something?

Disneyluvr2
08-08-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm so glad you got to say your final good bye's to the Disney Gallery. How sad...today was the last day it was open. Your pizza sounded yummy! I'll have to try that next time. Sounds like you had a great time so far!

disneydrmr
08-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Margharita Pizzas!!! I'll have to give that place I try when I'm there in November. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening!

terri.m
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I'll have to try that pizza too! Thanks for the report!!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Sounds like a really nice evening in DTD to get your trip started. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Lizzie
08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Good to know about the free parking.