View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Sizzlin Summer Escape Pre-Trip Report

Beach Club Babe
08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Cast Members:

Me: Heather
DS: Matt
DD#1: Courtney
DD#3: Emily

As some of you may recall, we split our annual vacation into 2 separate trips this year, due to conflicting schedules etc. Our first trip was back in May. DH, DDs#2 and #3, as well of myself had a wonderful time at Pop Century. It is now DS and DD#2's turn for some magic! Poor Ron and Ashleigh will have to sit this one out! At first they were OK with this arrangement, but now as the trip draws closer, it's beginning to bother them a bit. It will have to be though, as Matt and Courtney sat out our May trip. That being said, next year, we will probably return to one trip and try a little harder to accomodate everyone!

Trip Dates:
August 12th through the 19th

Resort:
Yacht Club

Note: Our original reservation was at the Contemporary with a Tower room facing MK. However, when the AP rates came out, there were none for the Contemporary and the deal at the Yacht Club was a savings of nearly $1,400.00! I would have loved to try the Contemporary as we have never stayed there, but it has been a long time since we've stayed at hte Yacht Club and we've been wanting to get back there!

Transportation:

Due to my hectic life and some procrastination, I waited a little too long to book airfare, and could not get a decent fare. Therefore, we will be driving! Now we have driven before, as DH actually prefers it to flying, but DH has always done most of the driving and since he will not be with us on the trip, the responsibility then falls to me. I admit it is a bit of an undertaking, but I'm sure all will be fine. I know the directions like the back of my hand as does Courtney! We will depart from home on August 11th and arrive hopefully early Sunday morning, the 12th! I will give myself plenty of time and if I need to stop for the night we will, if not we'll continue through!

Plans:

Our tentative plans include:
August 12th early arrival and check-in. If the room is ready great, but if not it's all good and we'll make our way over to MGM after storing our luggage. As always, we have an ADR at Cape May Cafe for our 1st night. Afterwards, whoever is up to it may hit MK for EMH.

August 13th will take us to Mk for nearly a full day. We have a dinner ADR at Kona Cafe and decide where we will head from there. Possibilities include, but are not limited to going back to MK & Downtown Disney.

August 14th in the morning will be spent at Animal Kingdom. The evening will be spent at Epcot with an ADR at San Angel Inn. EMH is Epcot so we will probably stay for that.

August 15th will take us to Cape May cafe for breakfast with Minnie, Goofy, and at least one chipmunk. We'll probably then head over to MK and see if we can join the meet at the Tiki Room at noon. Evening plans are still up in the air.

August 16th will bring us to Epcot and a delicious lunch at Le Cellier! The evening will depend on what we decide for the 15th, as well as whether we stayed for MH on the 14th.

August 17th will bring us back to Animal Kingdom then a very late lunch at Whispering Canyon. Then onto MK for the evening including EMH.

August 18th we arrive in MGM early for breakfast with the Litle Einsteins! Back again to MK for the Princess & Pirate party.

August 19th will be our checkout day, but I do not plan until leaving until this evening. We will do whatever we have missed or feel the need to repeat one last time! We will begin our drive home, but will be stopping over night along the way.

August 20th we should arrive home!

JWDisneyFan
08-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a great trip that you have planned. Have a magical time and can't wait to read the trip reports!

BronxTigger
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a great trip!

I'm going to the P&P Party on the 18th also! I don't think I'm going to dress up, although if I can find a tiara for cheap then I'll get it and wear it. If you want to meet up during the P&P Party for a Mickey bar or something, let me know. I'm going solo this trip!

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a great trip, Heather! You sure know how to plan 'em! :thumbsup:

I'm interested to hear how the driving turns out! That's a loooong trip, particularly with little ones. Safe travels!

dolphinmickey9170
08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Have a safe travel trip, and can't wait to meet you at the Tiki Room!! Enjoy your vacation.

DizNee143
08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
hope you have a great trip...cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!! :mickey:

KylesMom
08-07-2007, 04:06 PM
but now as the trip draws closer, it's beginning to bother them a bit

I can only imagine! Your plans sound wonderful, Heather. Be safe on the drive down, and enjoy the two sidekicks you have for this trip! We'll be waiting to hear all about it upon your return! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Have a great trip.

DisneyorBust
08-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Have safe travel and an exciting trip to WDW!:mickey:

Dizneyfan
08-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Have a great trip. I cannot wait to read your trip report.:mickey:

faline
08-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Heather, I was excited to see your pre-trip report as I always greatly enjoy reading your reports!

Be safe on the drive! And....have a wonderful time!

January-2007
08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Back for more! I hope you all have a wonderful vacation. I can only imagine being the ones left at home, green with envy, I'm sure. Thanks for the pre trip report and drive safe! :mickey:

T-Belle
08-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Have a great time. I look forward to your trip reports!

RedSoxFan
08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Have a great vacation and drive safely.:mickey:

Bethanymouse
08-09-2007, 12:58 PM
It sounds like you have a great trip planned there! Enjoy your drive I am sure you will be fine!

princessgirls
08-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Have a great time Heather and Crew!!

Looking forward to reading all of your reports.

Good luck with the drive.

Julie:mickey:

tinkerbell04
08-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Have a safe drive down. I really enjoy reading all of your reports!:mickey:

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Have a great trip.

vizsla
08-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.