PDA

View Full Version : EZ Pass

Shoebee99
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm sure it's been asked and answered, but I can't find it any place - so sorry for the repeat. We are driving from PA down 95 and I'm wondering if EZ Pass will work much of the way or just through VA. How many tolls are there from that point on? I haven't traveled that way since the 80's so I'm sure things could have changed. I don't really remember there being many tolls after DC, but Lord knows my memory is not to be trusted! :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help.

dolphinmickey9170
08-07-2007, 11:02 AM
There are no other tolls past the Harbor Tunnel in Baltimore going south on 95. We just drove to WDW in May and used our EZpass thru the tunnel and then no more tolls after that, not even in VA. So not to worry. We drove 95 south all the way straight through and then took I-4 west at Daytona Beach and still had no tolls.

goofyfan4466
08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
we checked into this and we think you can use it as far as virginia. we usually drive down ,but we've only had ez pass about 4 months.we will be trying to use it in april 08. we do know that florida uses something different than ez pass . hope this helps!!

RBrooksC
08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
we do know that florida uses something different than ez pass.

You know, with the proliferation of the toll transponders, it would be nice if they would be compatable with each other. I mean, shoot, even if it meant a small surcharge it would be nice because I wouldn't have to pack the small change to drive from the airport to WDW. I could just take my transponder out of my car and bring it with me.

SteveL
08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
You last toll will be the harbor tunnel in Baltimore unless you take 417 in Florida.
I always avoid downtown Orlando by taking 417 from Sanford into WDW. Costs a little bit but it is so much nicer than I-4.
EZ Pass will not work on 417. They have the Sun PAss.