PDA

View Full Version : If you had 3 adults and 2 kids under where would you stay?

asrai555
08-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Its me, DH, and our 2 kids plus perhaps my mother. Ideally we don't want to share a room, but the expense might push us in that direction. What are your suggestions?

ETA - we would like to stay on property

John
08-07-2007, 08:51 AM
At our sponsor - All Star Vacation Homes ;) With 3 adults, the only other real choice is adjoining hotel rooms and that gets expensive.

mook3y
08-07-2007, 09:09 AM
At our sponsor - All Star Vacation Homes ;) With 3 adults, the only other real choice is adjoining hotel rooms and that gets expensive.

The only other option I can think of on site would be POR they have rooms with a trundle bed. But that would probably only work out if one child is still fairly small (under 5 ft).

But it sounds like you guys would like to have your own space and unless you spend $$$$ for a suite or a DVC rental, you will probably want to check out All Star Vacation homes as stated above.

madenny
08-07-2007, 09:22 AM
We had the same grouping and stayed in adjoining rooms in All Starz. 1 adult and child stayed in one room and 2 adults/1 child in the other. Have a magical stay!

SBETigg
08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Two rooms at a value resort would probably do the trick and cost about the same, or less, than one room at a deluxe resort that can accommodate five. I would have recommended a deluxe, but you say you don't want to share a room if you can help it.

luvdiznee
08-07-2007, 09:31 AM
This was us on a recent trip. We got 2 connecting rooms at POP. It was nice, very roomy and still some privacy. :mickey:

asrai555
08-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Edited OP to say we want to stay on property because we don't want to rent a car.

I stayed at Pop once before and didn't like it much :(. How is All Stars? Didn't they just install a family suite or something? What is that like?

What would a wilderness lodge room be like with a cot in it? Awful?

PeterPanFan
08-07-2007, 09:45 AM
THis all depends on how much you are going to be in the room. We hit the parks hard all day and come back to crash. Wake up shower and back at it. We do 2 rooms connecting all this time its great for us.

Now this next trip we are going for 9 days and want a little more so we are staying at the GF.

I say call disney get some rates they will give you all the options.

All stars is the same at POP.

We looked into Port Orleans before choosing the GF. Port Orleans looks nice and is a good (not cheep) value.

scootch713
08-07-2007, 10:04 AM
I would stay at a deluxe... the day beds are nice size and since you might as well have the convenience of the monorail.

CleveSJM
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
On a tight budget, I'd go with connecting rooms at a Value (Pop or All Stars).

I agree with trying to stay on property. The benefits and constant theming makes for a nice stay.

Have a great trip!

Tink-N-Me
08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
You didn't mention the ages of your children. I believe if you have a child under the age of 2 you can have five in a room at the Value Resorts. My children are much older now so that may no longer be the case. Disney Reservations can confirm for you. Also,
asrai555 posted about a family suite at the value resorts. It doesn't come up under the on-line reservations, but those family suites are at the All Star Music Hotel.

SBETigg
08-07-2007, 11:25 AM
If you want to go Deluxe, I think the rooms will be more accommodating at the Polynesian than the WL. I realize the WL is better on cost, but it does have smaller rooms. The Poly rooms come with a day bed, which will comfortably accommodate a kid or smaller adult. Also in that size range, the Contemporary and Grand Floridian. You may also check into the FW cabins or getting a DVC two bedroom.

KathyMO
08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Two rooms at a value resort. Having two full bathrooms is great for that many people.

Kathy

wdwfansince75
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I would recommend considering the Fort Wilderness Cabins....lots of room plus a kitchen....seperate bedroom with full sized bed plus bunk beds.....convenient to MK....bus to TTC or AK and MGM....

We managed to do it with 6, including 3 teenagers....twice....sure beat getting 2 rooms...

If your mother qualifies (military widow or spouse with military ID) Shades of Green has junior suites for about $250 per night...web site is
shadesofgreen.org

Great location and price. Regular rooms are larger than CR or Poly, and cost about $120.

Also had connecting rooms at Dixie Landings (POR) one year....good rates and nice facility....also give you two baths....

moe513
08-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I would think about the cabins.

WelshieLover
08-07-2007, 03:30 PM
We stayed comfortably at the Bech Club with 5, 3 adults and 2 kids one 9 the other 11. My husband and I each slept with one of the kids in a queen bed and our 22 year old former au pair slept in the trundle. It worked out well and we had no issues. The bathroom can get a little busy but my husband is real early riser so he is showered and out getting the paper before anyone else is up.

thrillme
08-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd recommend that you give Disney a call. I know there are a few rooms at various resorts where they allow 5 and charge you something like $20 for a roll away. Some friends stayed in one of these but unfortunately I don't remeber which one it was but I'm quite certian it was a "moderate". They had 4 adults and 1 child (I think she was 12)

It's never been an issue with me because it's always been 2-3 in our room but I guess I just think limiting a "family" to 4 to a room is silly. I think the regular rooms can fit 5 easily but then when I'm on vacation I really don't demand a lot of space.