PDA

View Full Version : Pre-trip - Just my DH and I

dolphinmickey9170
08-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Well, we are getting down to the wire. My Intercot clock says 4 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 49 seconds. We've been planning this ALONE trip since we returned from our trip in May which we took my 16yo DD and our 7mo DGD (not my 16yo's baby, she is our oldest DD's baby). We knew, from our walk to OKW from SSR that OKW was where we wanted to try next, so we will be staying there this time. Tried for BWV but nothing was available. We will be making another trip in December and we are on the waiting list for BWV then. We'll see if we can get it. If not, maybe next time or maybe even WL.

We are booked from Aug 11-Aug 16 in a studio. Can't wait to get there. I finally received my ME luggage tags and bus vouchers after several phone calls. Once I bought my flights, I called right away to book ME. The person told me everything should arrive in a couple weeks. Well, those couple weeks went by and then some and nothing came in the mail. I asked here on Intercot if anyone had any suggestions. The suggestion was to call MS. So, I called MS the very next day and they had no documentation that I had even called to add it. The woman was very appologetic and told me I would have my documents within ten days. She was right, they were here before the end of the week. Ben, a firefighter for Baltimore City and a part-time paramedic for Lifestar, has been working 7 days in a row for weeks in preparation for this trip. Myself, I have been going to school and working 3 or 4-12 hour shifts in the ER. So needless to say, we both need this vacation. It is filled with lots of relaxing and park hopping and eating and whatever else strikes us. Here's the rundown:

Aug 11- fly out of BWI @ 0635 and land in MCO @ 0840. Check in with ME, go to OKW and check in. Then off to AK. I want to see the tiger feeding at 3pm. Then we have tix to the P&P party that night. All dining will be CS today.

Aug 12- We will have breakfast at Kona, gotta have my tonga toast, and then off to Epcot, for the last day of the Chicago tribute band, then back to MK for EMH, but we have dinner reservations at Cali Grill for Wishes. Just a side note, we are celebrating our first anniversary during this trip, so this dinner should be something special.

Aug 13- Epcot today with LeCellier for a late lunch. Then to AK for EMH. Then to DTD for Wolfgang Express.

Aug 14- Boma for breakfast then to Epcot for Rose and Crown dinner and then EMH.

Aug-15 We have an Intercot meet at MK today at noon at the Enchanted Tiki Room. Myself and DH, kakn(kathy from PA), DWHubby(from ME), willful(from MD) and maybe some other folks, not sure yet. Also dinner at Plaza with DWhubby and family. Then to DS (MGM) for EMH.

Aug 16- Unfortunately, this is check out day. We have ressies for Olivia's for a late lunch and a late flight out at 9pm.

Somewhere in here I have to fit in Ghirardelli's, maybe a tour or two, swimming, and relaxing. I really don't have a set schedule with the excepting of the dining arrangements. Those I won't part with, but the parks are up for grabs.

I've been packed for weeks, so there are just a couple of last minute items to throw in our bags and we are out the door to the airport. WOOHOO!!

I'll bring you all along with us (in spirit) and hopefully have an exciting trip to report about upon our return.

God bless and thanks everyone for your info and suggestion, thoughts and ideas. This place rocks. It's where I spend many hours a week. Besides work and school.

C-ya real soon!:mickey:

faline
08-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Happy anniversary!

You have great dining planned! Have a wonderful trip and tell us all about it when you get back!

TINKERBELL_82
08-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned!! But no MGM?? :confused:

Still, have a blast and a very happy anniversary!:mickey:

JWDisneyFan
08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Have a great trip and have a great anniversary without kids. (I'm jealous!)

Roo Girl
08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
First off, Happy 1st Anniversary!!

Second, see you at P&P on Sat night! We arrive at OKW too tomorrow night. Leaving Sunday- just a quickie trip for us too.

Have a great, magical trip! :cloud9:

gauvin4
08-07-2007, 01:16 PM
It sounds like a wonderful plan. I hope you enjoy this special time with your Hubby. I have been telling my DH that we should go without the Kids. I haven't convinced him of that yet. :(

pogo
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Have a great trip, travel safe and take your time and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

We'll be waiting for your trip reports after you get home and rested. :D

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm not so sure about the "rested" part of it because it sounds like you're planning to be on the go, go, go! But it's Disney, right? So fun will be had and it's certainly better than work!

Hope you love OKW as much as we do!

I wish you and Ben a Happy Anniversary and a grand vacation! Looking forward to your trip reports on the flip side!

Bethis26fan
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Have a great trip:mickey:

January-2007
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Happy anniversary and have a wonderful trip! My DH has been working crazy like you two so I know what you mean about really needing a vacation. Thanks for the pre trip report, have a safe flight! :mickey:

DizNee143
08-08-2007, 03:58 PM
hope you guys have a wonderful time!! cant wait to hear about it when you get back!! :mickey:

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Great plan! Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I was getting there early enough to make the meet. Hope you all have an amazing time!

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Have a great trip.