PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic too scary?

mulderxcoltrane
08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Is fantasmic too scary for a 2 year old?

DizneyRox
08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Loud Music, Fireworks, and snakes and dragons? Generally I would probably say yes...

mulderxcoltrane
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Loud Music, Fireworks, and snakes and dragons? Generally I would probably say yes...

Sorry - we've never been there to see the show.

AllDisney
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
It depends on the child. I've seen some 2 year olds fine with it...others...not!

DizneyRox
08-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I was just answering your question... Those are some of the things. It's my favorite nighttime show, but it's not for everyone... You know your child better than I.

emmatink
08-06-2007, 07:12 PM
We are taking our DD2 this October to see the show and we are going to see how she acts...she doesn't usually mind that kind of stuff as long as mommy and daddy are there to hug onto if she gets scared....but mickey is there too and that should relax her!!:fworks::pixie::minnie:

faline
08-06-2007, 07:34 PM
This is one of those "it depends" situations. Some kids tolerate this very well; others might find it scary.

Bethis26fan
08-06-2007, 07:40 PM
This is one of those "it depends" situations. Some kids tolerate this very well; others might find it scary.

I agree.

We took my 2 1/2 year old cousin last year and he liked it, some of the loud booms got to him but he just put his head against us and watched the show. He was looking for pirates lol. So that kept him happy.

Mickey'sGirl
08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Our youngest has always loved it. :mickey:

snifflesmcg
08-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Two years ago, we went with a 2 year old. There were times that he held his ears and covered his eyes. If he does get a bit spooked, I'd skip the show and stick to Wishes.

ImagiAsh
08-06-2007, 09:51 PM
It really depends on the child. Good thing is, it is a very easy venue to leave and not disturb the people around you by doing so. I'd say give it a try! There are several very loud moments and bright lights that usually take the audience by surprise-- I've seen kids with the biggest grins when this happens and I've also seen others burst out in tears. If you grab a seat near the top, you can always stand up and walk the little one to the back if they are frightened. Other than those few loud moments, the show is terrific! Lots of very cool effects and, of course, a wide array of favorite Disney characters. Let us know how it goes!

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
08-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I was definitely nervous to take my kids when they had just turned 5 and 3 in 2006. We brought ear plugs (the moldable wax) for them and they both loved the show. I say give it a try. It really is a great show.

Mom2princesses
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
We are definitely skipping it this time around. My 3 year old is affraid of fireworks! I don't even know if she will do well with Wishes. So I know there is no way she would be happy seeing this show. Like everyone has said each kid is different. My older daughter never had a problem but my little one does. Guess we will wait until she is a little bit older.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
All three of my kids love it. The 3 year old just hugged me a little tighter if she was scared during the show. ;) That only happened once...When the dragon first appeared. She loves the ending. (I won't say more then that, I don't want to spoil anything) :)

tinksmom02
08-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I've never seen it, but I don't think DD(almost 5) would enjoy it. She has a very irrational fear of Maleficent and Ursula (although no problems whatsoever with Captain Hook or Davy Jones, go figure). Evil cartoon charcters who could not possibly exist in the real world freak her out, so I just don't think Fantasmic would be her cup of tea.

Would like to see it for myself sometime, though.

Sinewiz
08-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Absolutely depends on the child. I've been to Fantasmic many times and I've seen little ones emotions range from all smiles, to clutching their parents and crying. While Mickey may be in the show, the entire show revolves around him fighting Disney villains.