PDA

View Full Version : Noise from above in rooms

wendybird
08-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I am a VERY light sleeper and @ some hotels if I have guests staying above me, I can hear them walking/talking and it wakes me. I know for some hotels this is an issue and others it is not and I do realize that at Disneyworld there a bound to be very excited kids (and adults) in most rooms. I'm just wondering how much you can hear. I'm looking to stay at WL or POLY. Does anyone have any experience with this @ those two hotels? I'm was just wondering if I should make "top floor" my first priority in room requests or if it doesn't matter what floor I am on. I know some of the 1st floor rooms have nice patios and it might be nice to be on the floor if noise above isn't too bad.:mickey:

DizneyRox
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I would say with the deluxe hotels you are probably safer. If you said POP, I would suggest you change your reservation immediately.

I never had a problem at WL. Although it's not my first choice, it's acceptable for sleeping.

WishingStar2006
08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I stay at WL a lot (as you can see by my signature) and have never had any trouble with noise from above...but the noise in the hall can be quite loud when it's excited children or unthoughtful adults EARLY in the morning or LATE at night. I would think if you were at the end of a hall it might be less (but a long walk).

Enjoy. You will LOVE Wilderness Lodge.

crazypoohbear
08-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Would ear plugs or bringing a noise machine help??

Jen C.
08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
I would say with the deluxe hotels you are probably safer. If you said POP, I would suggest you change your reservation immediately.

I never had a problem at WL. Although it's not my first choice, it's acceptable for sleeping.

I would have thought this same thing, DisneyRox. However in the most recent Unofficial Guidebook, it is listed that the values are actually better and being soundproof than the deluxes!!! Pop scored very well. In fact the Poly and the GF scored the worst for noise! :confused:

Jeff
08-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I always request top floor at WDW for the same reasons.
We once had a ground floor room in the wing of the Contemporary - it was terrible. I swear it sounded like the inconsiderate folks in the room above us were bowling each night till about 1am. :mad:

DisneyBarb
08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
We had our worst problems at the WL (hearing toilets flushing from above), my husband is a light sleeper also but I'am not and it it was an issue for me. We have had no problems at the Poly or Contemporary, some light typical noise but not like someone is coming through your ceiling... Hope this helps!

Amy_617
08-06-2007, 10:52 PM
What about Coronado Springs? We will be staying there the first week in september. I have stayed at Pop, ASMus, ASMov, and POR, and the noise level has actually been really good. Pretty quiet. Please tell me CS is just the same. Thanks in advance. :mickey:

DisneyBarb
08-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Adding my 2 cents in again! I have stayed at Cornonado, Caribbean, DL, Contemporary, Poly and WL.. the only place we had issues were DL and WL.. we always request top floors but don't always get that granted. I just think that it really depends on if you get a active family above you or a family with older children who may not be running around as much etc... just my opinion!

DizneyRox
08-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I would have thought this same thing, DisneyRox. However in the most recent Unofficial Guidebook, it is listed that the values are actually better and being soundproof than the deluxes!!! Pop scored very well. In fact the Poly and the GF scored the worst for noise! :confused:
I would imagine in a scientific test this may be true, but I won't believe that in a place like the GF with only 900 rooms with a lot less guests in the "noisemaker" category would be louder than a value resort with an average of close to 2000 rooms.

Figgyluv03
08-07-2007, 08:54 AM

I believe it. These resorts are much older than lets say Pop or All Stars so the buildings are probably built to hold the sound better. I've stayed at All Star Sports with my entire senior class and All Star Music before and I've never had a problem with noise.

AuntDJ
08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Not what you are asking, but here is my plug for Port Orleans, French Quarter, I have stayed on the 1st and 2nd floors and have never been bothered by those above us. So I do not even think about asking for the top floor, actually we were not even bothered by those around us. I cannot say the same for those in the surrounding rooms, as I was often telling our young ones to be quiet outside...

DJ

Wrigley
08-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I think that you would be very pleased at WL. When we stayed there it was very quiet. We didn't hear anyone above us-I believe we were on the second floor. It was a very quiet relaxing resort. It happens to be my favorite resort!!!! Of course, you may run into having a noisy family above or beside you, but you can run into that at any resort. Have a great trip!:mickey:

A Mouse Fan
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I think to sum things up if you have a particularly loud and excited family right above you or next to you at ANY resort you might hear them. I have stayed at the WL a couple of times and always ask for a top floor room and it has always been granted. I never heard people next to us while staying at the WL and it is a wonderful hotel! WL gets my vote :thumbsup:

Vintage Disney
08-07-2007, 07:18 PM
We have stayed in most of the Disney hotels and I don't remember having trouble with noise from above. Last November we stayed at WL in an adjoining room. We could hear every word that the family next door said , and I am sure that they could hear us too. Next time we will request a room without adjoining doors--it's no fun to hear every toilet flush and every conversation (quiet or loud). :mickey:

PirateLover
08-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Wow. Very interesting. When we stayed at Pop a few years back, I could hear our neighbor snoring and toilets flushing all through the night. However at the Poly, my bf was staying next door to us with his mom and he is the worst snorer ever and the Poly toilets sound like they can drag you down with them, yet I didn't hear any noise from their room. So I really don't know what to think on this matter!