PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Bar/Lounges

Mammabruski
08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
My family will be at WDW this September :cloud9:, and this is my first post on Intercot!

I'm looking for a bar/lounge that stays open until at least midnight, and that is romantic and quiet. My parents will be watching my DD and I would like to go somewhere to have a few drinks with my DH. I'm open for all suggestions!

snifflesmcg
08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure about lounges but have you ever thought about going to Pleasure Island? If you have never been there, I'll enlighten you. Pleasure Island is a place where there are bars and clubs that is located in Downtown Disney. They are most definately open until 2 am. There is open admission so you can go there and grab a few drinks and just walk around. You can also buy club admission to one club or one that is multi club.

Also, you can go to the boardwalk. The boardwalk has a few places to go for a nice frosty beverage :marg::beer:but the one that stands out in my mind is Jellyrolls. I have never been there but I am planning to go on my next trip. The Boardwalk has a much tamer atmosphere. You can walk up and down and watch the street preformers.

I hope this helps and good luck

Also.....:welcome::welcome: To Intercot. I'm sure you will find this site very helpful.

TINKERBELL_82
08-06-2007, 04:02 PM
:cheer: Welcome to Intercot!!! :cheer:

I have to disagree with the above poster in that Pleasure Island, while a ton of fun, tends to be loud and full of younger people. It's not really cozy or romantic.

The best suggestion I can give you is perhaps the bar at O'Hana in the Poly, or any resort that offers a restaurant/bar combination. I believe all of the on-property resorts have pool-side bars, and if I'm not mistaken I think they close around 11:00pm.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip! Let us know where you ended up going!

SBETigg
08-06-2007, 04:14 PM
The Tambu Lounge is the bar at the Polynesian that seems almost to be a part of 'Ohana. It's lovely. Also, Mizner's Lounge at the Grand Floridian.

Seasonscraps
08-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Here are a few places we like to stop for a quiet drink...

The Belle View Lounge at the Boardwalk is a very quiet out of the way place for a night cap. They replay old time radio shows, have a small counter bar and several smaller sitting areas (sofas, easy chairs, etc.)

The Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club is more bar like with booths, intimate sitting areans and a bar plus a much broader selection of drinks. It's adjacent to the Yachtsman Steak House.

The Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge. They have cocktail tables and a nice sized bar. You can see the electric parade from the beach there and then have a nightcap or two at the bar.

Enjoy your trip!!

atruman
08-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I've always found the Tambu Lounge in the Polynesian to be a little busy for my liking. I'd suggest the Territory Lounge at WL as well, or maybe even see about going to Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian or the California Grill at the Contemporary for drinks. Both establishments have a bar.

Victoria Falls at the AKL is nice too, but sometimes a little loud.

pook@wdw
08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
:rocks: WELCOME TO INTERCOT!! Although Pleasure Island is pretty cool, If your looking for cozy & quiet, look to the resorts. Some of the smaller restaurants & lounges will fit the bill quite nicely I think!!:thumbsup:

dmallan
08-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Another vote for Mizner's Lounge at the GF! There is a jazz ensemble that plays just outside the lounge and it's really very nice!
We took the monorail from CR after watching Wishes from California Grill.
Very romantic evening!

tinkerbell04
08-11-2007, 02:36 PM
:mickey:I agree with the posters recommending Territoy Lounge, it is quiet and cozy. We have had great service there and they are open until midnight. They also have a small munchie menu if you are interested in a snack.

irish1967
08-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Instead of a bar/lounge you could do something like this...(

Go to either the Poly or the GF - there is a store in the Poly that sells beer and wine so I assume it can be purchased at the GF as well. Get a bottle of wine (bring your own corkscrew) pick up a couple of glasses for souveniers and take it down to the beach...

If you time it right at the Poly, you will be able to have a drink on the beach and watch the fireworks at the same time.

Beach, wine, firewors - doesn't get much more romantic than that! :cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
08-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Our PERSONAL recommendations for romance
1) Mizner's, Grand Floridian
. . . most elegant
. . . orchestra playing nearby
. . . sheer decadence
2) Territory Lounge, Wilderness Lodge
. . . nice atmosphere
. . . lots of old wood on the walls
3) Scat Cat Lounge, Port Orleans French Quarter
. . . intimate
. . . jazz and dixieland music
4) Turf Club, Saratoga Springs Resort
. . . refined setting
. . . not too much other traffic

Maleficent's Dad
08-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Here are a few places we like to stop for a quiet drink...

The Belle View Lounge at the Boardwalk
The Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club
The Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge.
:ditto: :yes: :exactly:

Clotho
08-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Not sure you can just bring a bottle of wine down to the beach. Aside from an open container of alcohol, it is glass, which they don't allow on the beach. It sounds like a lovely idea, but not possible.

I agree with Mizner's. The band is wonderful, the atmosphere is so classy and beautiful. :)

jwallace378
08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I like the Tambu Lounge next to O'Hanas in the Poly. It's a little dark, but the tropical music and South Seas atmosphere is great.

TheSorcererofFantasia
08-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I LOVE Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL!! Very interesting place, fabulous wait staff and great snacks. If you can't find a snack that interest you (Love the cheese plate and best shrimp cocktail :cloud9:) you can order room service to the bar. :)

If the Lounge is a bit to crowded for your liking the staff will gladly mix your drink in plastic and head up to the very cozy chairs around the indoor or outdoor firepit.

LoriMistress
08-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Here are a few things that DH and I are planning to do during the evening for a low key/romantic feeling. When we arrive--taking things slow key for the evening, we're going to see Cirque du Soleil at 6pm, and afterwards eat at The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck's. Another one of our days we're going to the WL to eat at Artist Point, then go on a horse carriage ride by ourselves, and watch the EWP afterwards.

Maleficent's Dad
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Not sure you can just bring a bottle of wine down to the beach. Aside from an open container of alcohol, it is glass, which they don't allow on the beach. It sounds like a lovely idea, but not possible.
1. Staying at a resort, you'll have no problem with an "open container of alcohol" on resort property.

2. We've had wine on the beach (in real glass) at the WL, the Poly, and the GF. Never has it been a problem. While I agree that it may not be offically "allowed," we didn't mean to intentionally break the rules. No one gave us a hard time. In fact, any CM's we saw gave us the :thumbsup::thumbsup:

steamboat willy
08-15-2007, 09:05 PM
I have two recommendations.

1. Go to the California Grill a top the Contemporary Resort and get you a window seat. :marg: They will dim the lights and pipe in the music for "WISHES" fireworks. NICE

2. Get that bottle of wine from the gift shop at the Poly :wine:or a drink from the Pool Bar and walk down the sidewalk next to Seven Seas Lagoon east towards the Contemporary to the little grassy knoll sticking out in to the lake. Here you will have a quiet, private view of the MK, EWP and all the night lights of the WORLD.

Enjoy, but watch out, I'll be there with my sweetheart Sept 28-Oct 6.

Steamboat Willy

DVC2004
08-15-2007, 11:49 PM
I agree with the suggestion of the Territory Lounge at WL. That's probably my favorite in all of WDW.

Sinewiz
08-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Another vote for the Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge. I've stayed at the WL three times now and my wife and I both enjoy kicking back after a hard day at the parks and having a drink or two there. It's cozy and usually not very crowded. :thumbsup: