PDA

View Full Version : Fitting A Growing Family Into The Poly

magicman
08-06-2007, 09:58 AM
I have a family of five (plus a baby on the way which will make 6). We're thinking of trying the Poly out next year since we'll need to spend a lot more time at the resort than in the past.

My question...Does a baby (under 2) count toward the maximum occupancy? Also, do you request a crib when making the reservation or when you arrive?

Thanks for any insight.

:lei::babyroll::lei:

Dicecatt262
08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi! I have a family of 6 also, and we love to stay at the Poly. Put on your reseservation that you need a crib/portacrib, and mention it again when you check in. They'll set it up for you in your room.

A baby under 3 doesn't count...it is 5 people plus one child under age 3. There are 6 of us, my youngest is two, and we are staying at the Poly in a month, as we did last September.

To make more room, I suggest putting as many of your suitcases inside each other as you can, and then slide them in between the day bed and the built in armoire area. You can't really put them in the closet because of the closet design. And I always bring a pop up hamper to keep dirty clothes out of the way.

You may want to request Tahiti, Tokelau, or Rapa Nui, as they have larger rooms than the other buildings, and there are balconies on both the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Cozfamilyof6
08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Consider staying at Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas in a one or two bedroom. Both locations are within a 10-15 minute boat ride to Epcot or MGM and having a full kitchen and washer and dryer is so helpful.

We stayed in a one-bedroom Boardwalk villa last year with our family of 5 and we were really comfortable and pleased with the rooms. This May our family grew to 6 and we are going back in October and staying in a 2 bedroom Boardwalk Villa.

I know being on the monorail is helpful with kids, but check out BWV.

Good luck.