PDA

View Full Version : The Zen of Disney: Day Nine

TooGoofy
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
The Zen of Disney...Day Nine

Cast: Meg: 43: trip planner and tour guide; 6th trip to the world
Dave: 51: general all around great guy: 6th trip to the world

We got up, got ready and headed to the lounge for breakfast. Difficult as leaving “our” animals was, we decided that we would go to the Magic Kingdom this morning for EMH.

When we got to MK, we walked up Main Street USA and went to Peter Pan’s Flight. It was a walk on! (That’s why we like morning EMH!) I enjoyed my ride (I love sailing over London at night!) and then we headed for Tomorrowland. We checked out the Laugh Floor, which was kind of corny, but funny. Then we rode Buzz, and I beat Dave again! Then we headed to Frontierland.

In Frontierland we got a FastPass for Splash Mountain, and then we got on board the train. We rode that around the Park and then got off back in Frontierland again. We thought about heading over to Tom Sawyer’s Island, but we had just missed the boat, so instead we grabbed some rocking chairs that overlooked the island and we just people watched. We also chatted a bit with a very nice older woman who sat down next to us.

Our FastPass time came open, so we headed to Splash. Dave got soaked! He even joked that he would have to go swimming to dry off! But we had fun, and Dave kept laughing! We really enjoyed our morning at MK. Then we headed over to Pecos Bill’s for another burger. Then it was home for showers and naps.

I woke up from my nap earlier than Dave, so I went out on the balcony and watched the animals for a while. I had a very nice conversation with one of the savanna keepers. She was driving around and picking up…well…waste products from the animals. One of the reasons that there is no smell from the savanna is that the keepers are scrupulous about keeping the savanna clean. The waste is composted and used by Disney’s Horticulture department.

Then, when Dave got up, we got ready and headed over to Epcot. While we were waiting for the bus, we sat next to a mom and her son. She had given her son a wet-nap to use on his sticky hands. When he was done, he threw it behind him instead of using the trash can which was about 5 steps away. No one litters in my resort! I got on my “teacher voice” as Dave calls it and I said, “Excuse me, did you just throw that on the ground when there is a trash can right there? Pick it up and throw it away!” I said it in a teasing tone, and the mom said, “You did what?” The boy picked it up and put it in the trash.

This was a shopping night, and it was raining, but that didn’t bother us. So we got wet, big deal. It actually felt good compared to the heat and humidity of the day. We shopped in Mexico, Germany, Italy and Japan. Our nieces all wanted things from the World Showcase. We ended up getting most of the stuff from Japan. I really love the store in that pavilion.

Then we walked through MouseGear one last time and then headed to the Land. We had a snack and we watched the line for Soarin’. At about 5 minutes before 9, the time dropped to a 20 minute wait, so we got in line. Dave and I enjoyed one last ride over California! Then it was back to AKL for showers and bedtime.

Next up: a resort day!

shan-ash
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Another good day at Disney:thumbsup:

faline
08-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Peter Pan is such a great ride - even more enjoyable on the rare occasion when you can walk right on! Another nice, relaxed day!

January-2007
08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
08-06-2007, 11:59 AM
You guys really know how to enjoy yourselves!

KylesMom
08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Yet another wonderful day. We prefer morning EMH as well!

I have always wondered how the smell was non-existent on the Savanah! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-06-2007, 04:29 PM
What a wonderful day. I'm glad you said something about the trash. I probably would have said, "there is a trash can right there" and stopped there. I seem to be afraid to tell people things for fear of starting a riot or something. Good for You!! Thanks for reporting.

Bethis26fan
08-06-2007, 06:42 PM
sounds like another nice day.

gauvin4
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Another great report, Meg. Thanks for sharing!!

iheartmickey
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Sounds like another great day.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
08-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Are you really a teacher, Meg? I don't think I could have handled that situation with such grace... but I think we can learn from you!

Another great day in Paradise! What is it about that store in Japan? My DS (11) loves it there... he'd go there every day of our trip if I'd let him (and yet I've never looked at the pearls for myself).

Thanks for sharing!

DizNee143
08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
another good day!! i guess i should go check out the store in japan!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
08-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the report.

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 04:46 PM