PDA

View Full Version : Many Reservations Sold Out in 30 min for F&WF

Natazu
08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I started calling at 6:55am, got "all circuits busy" for 20 minutes, then got through and disconnected, then got through and waited on hold for 35 minutes.
Finally got a human and was told that all our Food and Wine Pairings are sold out, as is the California Grill – The Artful Table signature dining event.
Then, we were told that there is NO WAITING LIST for events this year.

Maybe I'll go to Vegas this year.

January-2007
08-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Wow! That's crazy! Here's hoping someone cancels so you two can get in somewhere you want!

Hammer
08-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I had the same results as Jym trying to get a Food and Wine Pairing. Oh, well, more money to spend at the Food and Wine Booths (especially if Moet and Chandon have a booth again this year :wine: ).

Natazu
08-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Wow! That's crazy! Here's hoping someone cancels so you two can get in somewhere you want!
Funny that you mentioned that. When we booked a different "Resort Signature Dining" event, the operator told us there is a No Cancellation Policy.

ElenitaB
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
I started calling at 6:55am, got "all circuits busy" for 20 minutes, then got through and disconnected, then got through and waited on hold for 35 minutes.
Finally got a human and was told that all our Food and Wine Pairings are sold out, as is the California Grill – The Artful Table signature dining event.
Sorry about that... sounds painfully similar to the great West Coast DCL booking fiasco of earlier this year... except that it was being put on hold for hours (no joke) and having the price go up (and up and up and up) while you were on hold.

Anyone else think that Disney needs to beef up staffing, training and computer software/hardware in advance of booking days for these events that are highly in demand? Or do they really not care because they'll sell out any way? (Sorry for the sour grapes here :( )

SallyP
08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Funny that you mentioned that. When we booked a different "Resort Signature Dining" event, the operator told us there is a No Cancellation Policy.

Yes and the No Cancellation policy means No WaitlIst, which means no chance of getting desired events at the last minute. :(

I'm not real happy with the Festival changes this year either. I had the same experience as you Jym when I phoned this morning. 'Circuits Busy' for at least 15 minutes and then none of my first choices were available. Seems to me some one is getting preferential treatment for the events. I wonder if they allow Disney Suits to have first crack at some of the coveted events. Perks of working there I guess. California Grill dinner was my first choice and it was already booked.

Also has anyone tried getting an Epcot Resort room for the weekend of Nov. 9-11? Good Luck! They are gone too with Soap Weekend, Jersey Week, F&WF and whatever else is going on ! :confused:

dlpmikki
08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Well I got my dates wrong and thought it was the 6th tomorrow! Very glad I saw this post as it led me to ring straight away. Fortunately I was only after a party for the senses (not done one before but they sounded good). I am going on the 20th October. Has anyone heard of Joyce Newton (think that was who the CM said was doing the concert)?

I was lucky in the sense I got straight through and had a helpful CM.

mickey-mouse35
08-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Bummer, Jym--know how much you and R look forward to these activities. What DID you get for the festival?

I had no problem getting in-called the WDW-FEST number right at 6 am (I'm in CST), and it transferred to the dining number. Was on hold until 6:08 and then got a nice CM. Got Party for the Senses with no problem--that's all I went for! Figured that was enough and a nice way to celebrate a new job I started today! :D

I was surprised, though, that she said no cancelations or refunds--pretty strict!!

Natazu
08-07-2007, 03:17 AM
What DID you get for the festival?

We have
Party for the Senses 10/13 and 10/20
Exquisite Evening - 10/12 A Tuscan Renaissance
Cheese Tasting 10/20, 2pm
Signature Dining Event - 10/21 A Blue Montage at The Seas Salon
We're toying with the idea of the Bistro F&W Pairing but I'm not sure. I'm a little leery of the term "regional French specialties".:scared:

What we missed was the California Grill Signature event, the Italy F&W Pairing, the Le Cellier F&W Pairing, the F&W Pairing at Living Seas, and the R&C Scotch Pairing.

P.S. Anyone else going to the same things as we are, we'd love to hear. Don't forget, the PftS on 10/13 is a Meet. :hands:

dlpmikki
08-07-2007, 04:50 AM
We have
Party for the Senses 10/13 and 10/20
We're toying with the idea of the Bistro F&W Pairing but I'm not sure. I'm a little leery of the term "regional French specialties".:scared:

P.S. Anyone else going to the same things as we are, we'd love to hear. Don't forget, the PftS on 10/13 is a Meet. :hands:

I'm going to the party for the senses on the 20th without dh. Would be fun to meet up with Intercottees.

I can understand the concern about regional french - do they mean frogs legs and snails? I suspect it may be rather nicer than that though!

Natazu
08-07-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm going to the party for the senses on the 20th without dh. Would be fun to meet up with Intercottees.

I think it'd be great to meet up with you. We'll have a blast.

pogo
08-07-2007, 07:31 AM
:hi: Jym

I hear Wolfgang Pucks has openings for the "Natazu" signiture dinner during the F&W Fest.

The menu has not been completed as of yet. They are awaiting the availability of certain meat products native to Florida that haven't been procured yet. ;)

Have a great time and I hope you and Rachel can squeeze in somewhere. I wish we could be with you to help you harvest the main course.:D

Kairi_7378
08-07-2007, 06:42 PM
This makes me nervous... does that mean that the parks will be really crowded, too? I am looking forward to noshing my way through the World Showcase.

DrumTastik
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
This makes me nervous... does that mean that the parks will be really crowded, too? I am looking forward to noshing my way through the World Showcase.

Not necessarily, the pairing events are limited seating and can fill up rather quick. F&W Fest typically gets crowded towards the evening and crowded by Illuminations. I have had no problem snacking my way around the WS during the afternoon.

SBETigg
08-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I am going on the 20th October. Has anyone heard of Joyce Newton (think that was who the CM said was doing the concert)?

I was lucky in the sense I got straight through and had a helpful CM.

Mikki, they may have said Juice Newton. She had some country hits with Queen of Hearts and Angel of the Morning back in the seventies or eighties. That's my best guess.

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
We'll be in Epcot on the 20th, however it was the only day we could get an ADR for LeCellier, which was DH's restaurant of choice for this trip. We had to wait til the 27th for the pfts.

BTW - it is Juice Newton that is there on the 19th.

Flower
08-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I did not get thru until 0900 on Monday (I forgot about it until 0900) and was still able to get the Burgundy Wine School class for DH at Chefs de Paris. :wine:

You have to pay in advance and they reiterated the 'no refunds' clause.

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I did not get thru until 0900 on Monday (I forgot about it until 0900) and was still able to get the Burgundy Wine School class for DH at Chefs de Paris. :wine:

You have to pay in advance and they reiterated the 'no refunds' clause.

Lea-Ann, I think you will really enjoy that! Have fun. Can't wait for the trip report.

Jym, that's a bummer. Reading through a Vegas trip report just wouldn't be the same. I'll miss your WDW reporting!

Flower
08-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Lea-Ann, I think you will really enjoy that! Have fun. Can't wait for the trip report.

I wish I was going with him! I am going to need to drink a lot :wine: by the end of the day, doing Disney with a 3.5 year old and an 11 month old while DH relaxes at wine school; what was I thinking? :eek: I think I will take the kids to MGM that day. :smickey:

I will make sure he writes a trip report for me to post.